Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmaceutical Job in America

Options
  • 17-09-2014 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

Just looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help!

Basically I amundertaking a PhD in the area of novel drug delivery systems here in Ireland.

Ideally when I finish (@ 28 - 29 years old) I would hope to move to the USA and work for a pharmaceutical company.

Just wondering what kinda cities would one be looking at ? In terms of pharmaceutical hotspots , also what is the industry like over, paid well etc?

Hopefully someone who has moved for a company can provide some insight!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

I work in pharma (well the IT side) the below are the main areas for R&D

South San Francisco, Vacaville, Pleasanton Redwood city are the big ones on the west coast
    Indianapolis
    New Jersey (Nutley)

My own company is heavily involved in drug research but have a huge diagnostic/instrumentation wing. I had a look at our payscales and for post doctoral you are looking at around $80000-$100000 depending on the specialty.

For the most part, people that they bring over are mostly L1 (internal transfer) and have worked for a while in Europe, but there are a high number of H1b visa holders as well.

Send me a PM with specific questions (i don't want to get too specific on public forum)

Advertisement