Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killing Floor 2 (COD Zombies Standalone) **March 2015**

Options
  • 17-09-2014 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

The Zombies mode in Call of Duty was spawned by the Killing Floor mod for Unreal Tournament 2004 back in the day. Everything from the wave based rounds to the wonder weapons and perk system was ripped from the original mod.

Killing Floor 2 will be released in March 2015! :D:D:D:D:D:D
    (So fans of COD's Zombies mode can rejoice that they'll be getting a fully fledged standalone of the concept). :cool:

killingfloor2-teaser.jpg
    KF2-screenshot6.jpg
    Killing-Floor-2_3.jpg
    killingfloor2-streets.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGtnXaLq5OflE-vzNjCHTGhaTStYsLH8KypTIaqIYsosXNxTpfsQ
    Killing-Floor-2_2.jpg

Check out the website for updates.
    http://killingfloor2.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Bloater is sexy as hell, I tell you what!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Bloater is sexy as hell, I tell you what!

wait till ya see the siren and invisible one nevermind the scrake :pac:

I wouldn't associate this with cod its far better the gun play in the original Killing floor is great I think, real meaty weapons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Richie6904 wrote: »
    wait till ya see the siren and invisible one nevermind the scrake :pac:

I wouldn't associate this with cod its far better the gun play in the original Killing floor is great I think, real meaty weapons

You're right but the majority of people have never heard of Killing Floor. They'll be familiar with the COD Zombies mode though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Richie6904 wrote: »

For me, the lever action rifle is up there with the double barrel from doom 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

TomCo wrote: »
    For me, the lever action rifle is up there with the double barrel from doom 2.

Though saying that, the Hunting Shotgun in KF is also pretty nice, rips through Clots and Gorefasts :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Played killing floor but wasn't too keen on it. Zombies was much more enjoyable in my experience. But I will keep an eye on this.

Some new gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Dayum wrote: »
    Some new gameplay.

AODUSBm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I honestly can't wait for this. I love killing floor and me and my buddies always fire it up for some **** and giggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Love a good zombie game.will this be for console or just PC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Love a good zombie game.will this be for console or just PC?

ta8ihkwoublchxytbzzq.jpg

Pc only

Looks just as bland as the first...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I loved the satisfaction of taking off a fleshpound's head with a crossbow. The original KF was a solid game, not spectacular but enjoyable, so I'll probably pick this up at some stage.

^ Saw that earlier. Not as informative as the first video but still nice to hear about the game and see some more footage. Persistent blood is a nice touch and I read that it will have zero impact to game performance given how its being rendered. I hope they add the ability to grab the weaker enemies as a brawler and do stuff like throw them around, that'd be insane amounts of fun especially when a game like this survives on the players making their own fun. I can totally see someone throwing a zed in the air for another person to shoot, slice or re-catch :P That said, they haven't announced anything even remotely like that but not to worry, game looks amazing even without such a feature.

Great news. PS4 users can enjoy the game. ;)

Possible bad news is that they could actually be making design decisions for an FPS based on console release... I really hope that is not the case and they'll assign a dedicated team our outsource for the porting. It'd suck some major dick if the enemies were weaker or any of the difficulty or tight controls and gameplay were effected because of guaranteed high volume of gamepad usage. I don't want another Crysis 2 situation :( There's also a smaller chance of the game's graphics and/or physics intensity being inherently reduced which I'd be less annoyed about if it was any other game that doesn't rely so heavily on impressive gore, blood and ragdoll physics. Hopefully they'll just 30fps the whole thing on PS4 and call it a day... fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Great news. PS4 users can enjoy the game. ;)

Possible bad news is that they could actually be making design decisions for an FPS based on console release... I really hope that is not the case and they'll assign a dedicated team our outsource for the porting. It'd suck some major dick if the enemies were weaker or any of the difficulty or tight controls and gameplay were effected because of guaranteed high volume of gamepad usage. I don't want another Crysis 2 situation :( There's also a smaller chance of the game's graphics and/or physics intensity being inherently reduced which I'd be less annoyed about if it was any other game that doesn't rely so heavily on impressive gore, blood and ragdoll physics. Hopefully they'll just 30fps the whole thing on PS4 and call it a day... fingers crossed.

John Gibson has confirmed that PC is the lead platform, and that absolutely no compromises will be made to the PC version because of PS4 development.
    PC still gets dedicated servers, no aim assists, hell on earth difficulty, and no graphical downgrades that usually come with multiplat development.

Still no release date on this....E3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Should drop the "cod zombies" part of the thread title, it's a bit misleading as this game is made by another developer that unlike CoD's developer(s) and publisher, actually cares about their community and puts a ton of effort into their game after launch. Killing Floor 1 was good mindless fun that also came with some really cool mods that gave different experiences (FREE!).

Hercule wrote: »
    Should drop the "cod zombies" part of the thread title, it's a bit misleading as this game is made by another developer that unlike CoD's developer(s) and publisher, actually cares about their community and puts a ton of effort into their game after launch. Killing Floor 1 was good mindless fun that also came with some really cool mods that gave different experiences (FREE!).

I agree. Mods.....edit?

Me and the lads have a few still play Killing floor 1. The new objective mode is a lot of fun, but can be really hard balls to the wall style.

KF2 is actually one game that I really really looking forward to this year. I can bet it will come out around Halloween!

Me and the lads have a few still play Killing floor 1. The new objective mode is a lot of fun, but can be really hard balls to the wall style.

KF2 is actually one game that I really really looking forward to this year. I can bet it will come out around Halloween!

Hmm, I don't know...

There was a release date for September that went up earlier on Steam as well as a preview in PC Gamer set for June. Both have been since taken down...

Hopefully soon....we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

why does title say march 2015? has it been delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

So this is being released on steam early access on the 21st of april. I think i will have to par take in it really enjoyed the first game

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Any official release date for PS4?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

FYI In the TB video they mention that it'll be an early release game and will be so for about 6 months before going to full release.

Listening to the commentary it sounds like for them, early release is the same as a company who release a game too early and proceed to patch every couple of week until ready.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

downloading now!!!

bring it on!!!! :D

Advertisement