Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The return of the flipper

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

E380, plus what for the extension, 30-40k? plus all the hassle and mess, so E420,000 for that! Or you could buy the below 4 bed detached a stones throw away for E450,000!

http://www.daft.ie/sales/2-taylors-lane-rathfarnham-dublin/996361/

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

1 ulster street, phibsborough

sept 2013 sold for 310k

sept 2014 up for sale again 495K :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Sold on 14/5/2014 for €290,000

Back on the market four months later at €380,000 with the addition of full planning to increase floor area and provide a third en suite bedroom.

http://www.daft.ie/sales/2-ballyboden-crescent-rathfarnham-rathfarnham-dublin/996924/

Slightly optimistic I think but maybe not...?

How can a supposedly reputable site like Daft.ie allow adverts with those obviously doctored/altered photographs? That house is a very small but the fraudulant pictures make it look much bigger than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Gasherbraun

foggy_lad wrote: »
    How can a supposedly reputable site like Daft.ie allow adverts with those obviously doctored/altered photographs? That house is a very small but the fraudulant pictures make it look much bigger than it is.

They are taken with a wide angle lens but the distortion is worse that normal so possibly an ultra wide (a rare beast so unlikely). I shoot with a wide lens all the time and often recognise the distortion on property photos. The distortion can be processed out if you know what you are doing but guess it does not matter to auctioneers.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

18/11/2013 €110,000.00 3 FASSAUGH AVENUE, CABRA, DUBLIN 7
    24/07/2014 €193,000.00 3 FASSAUGH AVENUE, CABRA, DUBLIN 7

nice work if you can get it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

There is less incentive to do it anymore. Capital gains tax is 33% and will probably increase. Where as a few years ago it was only 20%. Plus it's harder to get money to fund renovation's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Well done to the people who do the flipping. If it was easy and risk free everybody would be doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It is easy and low risk in the Dublin market at the moment. All it requires is the capital to be able to purchase for cash and a willingness to put in some elbow grease!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Fair play to ya, i initially thought "fook me, look at the size of that shower". On closer inspection sure you'd be losing yer loofer down the plughole if it was real.

A nasty bastard approach to marketing for sure. reported it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

minotour wrote: »
    Fair play to ya, i initially thought "fook me, look at the size of that shower". On closer inspection sure you'd be losing yer loofer down the plughole if it was real.

A nasty bastard approach to marketing for sure. reported it to them.
    Yes, it doesn't look quite so impressive when I play around with the aspect ratio
    Before
    2u74xo0.png
    After
    20ht3b8.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I have reported lots of daft ads that are plain,obviously wrong info, e.g. 22 main st mullingar swords Dublin..... Nothing ever gets done as money masters need to be minded

I thought they were wipe their bottom with kitchentowels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I've been in that house it really is tiny!
    If they get the asking they almost deserve it for being so brazen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Sold on 14/5/2014 for €290,000

Back on the market four months later at €380,000 with the addition of full planning to increase floor area and provide a third en suite bedroom.

http://www.daft.ie/sales/2-ballyboden-crescent-rathfarnham-rathfarnham-dublin/996924/

Slightly optimistic I think but maybe not...?

Slightly optimistic indeed... down to €340k

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/2-ballyboden-crescent-rathfarnham-dublin-16/2960220

I viewed this house in April and it's tiny. The huge garden is what attracted us to it but after a planning permission review online, prev owners had been refused planning permission a bunch of times for a house in the garden upon complaints from neighbours. The layout of the house itself and services out of the house make it awkward enough to extend efficiently, which is probably the reason 380 wasnt getting it any attention.

Advertisement