Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish PJ Tribute Act 'Pearl Jem' National Dates 2014

Options
  • 17-09-2014 3:49pm

Hi there,
    We've just completed a successful run of gigs in the U.K. and are looking forward to playing the following dates in Ireland between now and the end of the year, kicking off in Sligo tomorrow night:

Thursday September 18th: The Swagman Bar, Sligo
    Friday September 19th: Monroe's Live, Galway

Friday October 10th: Voodoo, Belfast
    Friday October 17th: Dolan's, Limerick
    Saturday October 18th: Academy 2, Dublin
    Sunday October 26th: Spirit Store, Dundalk

Saturday December 27th: Amplified Bar, Newry
    Sunday December 28th: McHugh's Venue, Drogheda

Tickets and further information available from www.pearljem.com/tour and www.facebook.com/pearljemalive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭flasher0030

What time will you guys be on stage. Have to put the kid to bed first, so need to make alternative plans if gig starts around 8 - i.e. couple of laps around Phoenix Park in the afternoon to tire her out early. I'm just so rock n' roll!!!

Can't wait for this.

What time will you guys be on stage. Have to put the kid to bed first, so need to make alternative plans if gig starts around 8 - i.e. couple of laps around Phoenix Park in the afternoon to tire her out early. I'm just so rock n' roll!!!

Can't wait for this.

Good man Flasher! As far as I know for our gig in the Academy there is a strict curfew of 10.15pm in place in the venue, so that would mean we'd have to go on about 8pm to get the full set done. So maybe you'll have to do a few laps in the Pheonix Park or get out the Calpol! :D

Hope you can make it in anyway, should be a good night.

One more gig to add to the line-up:

On Tuesday December 30th we'll also be playing The Palace on Ludlow Street in Navan, 10pm start time.

We just saw that the Deputy Editor of Kerrang Magazine attended one of our U.K. gigs and had some very kind words to say about the band...
    “Pearl Jem are not only the greatest Pearl Jam covers band I could ever expect to witness, they are the greatest covers band I ever expect to see full stop. But that word, ‘covers’ does them an injustice. Pearl Jem are not a mere ‘covers band’. They don’t simply cover Pearl Jam’s songs or imitate them. Everything they do seemingly stems from a profound reverence for Pearl Jam’s history and the art of live performance itself. Pearl Jem tap into Pearl Jam’s spirit.

They honour their complete discography. They play far past the point in the night where many bands fear to. They have a razor-sharp understanding of what these particular songs mean – both to themselves and their audience. They know – like any 10 Club member – that the deep cuts matter as much as, if not more than, the hits. They know it’s ultimately the crowd and their response that will determine the spontaneous new shapes familiar songs will take on any given night. That’s why Pearl Jem are, without a doubt, as close to the real thing as a Pearl Jam fan could ever dream of.”

Hope to see a few of you along the way at our upcoming gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

stankratz wrote: »
    Hi there,
    We've just completed a successful run of gigs in the U.K. and are looking forward to playing the following dates in Ireland between now and the end of the year, kicking off in Sligo tomorrow night:

Thursday September 18th: The Swagman Bar, Sligo
    Friday September 19th: Monroe's Live, Galway

Friday October 10th: Voodoo, Belfast
    Friday October 17th: Dolan's, Limerick
    Saturday October 18th: Academy 2, Dublin
    Sunday October 26th: Spirit Store, Dundalk

Saturday December 27th: Amplified Bar, Newry
    Sunday December 28th: McHugh's Venue, Drogheda

Tickets and further information available from www.pearljem.com/tour and www.facebook.com/pearljemalive

Oh, f!@k yes!!!! I'll definitely be heading to the Dublin gig!!!!

Good man Flasher! As far as I know for our gig in the Academy there is a strict curfew of 10.15pm in place in the venue, so that would mean we'd have to go on about 8pm to get the full set done. So maybe you'll have to do a few laps in the Pheonix Park or get out the Calpol! :D

Hope you can make it in anyway, should be a good night.

Cool. Thanks. Will definitely make it.
    She's only 2 and a half, so Phoenix Park laps would prob be a bit too boot camp ish. But will formulate some cunning plan to get there by 8.
    Can't wait.

Cool. Thanks. Will definitely make it.
    She's only 2 and a half, so Phoenix Park laps would prob be a bit too boot camp ish. But will formulate some cunning plan to get there by 8.
    Can't wait.

Hopefully the cunning plan comes to fruition flasher and we'll see you in the Academy 2 on the 18th!

Just gonna leave this here while I am making a post...

Rb14Vuq.jpg?1

r9Cr8eB.jpg?1

bWcP6f5.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Any cork shows on the horizon?

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Any cork shows on the horizon?

Getting a gig in Cork since the Cruiscín closed years ago is proving to be a tough task for us Mushy. Been trying for a good while now with no joy so far. We keep sending emails regularly so maybe one of the venues will take a chance with us sooner or later and I'll be posting it here and everywhere I can when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Getting a gig in Cork since the Cruiscín closed years ago is proving to be a tough task for us Mushy. Been trying for a good while now with no joy so far. We keep sending emails regularly so maybe one of the venues will take a chance with us sooner or later and I'll be posting it here and everywhere I can when that happens.

Cheers man! Be shocked that Fred Zeppelins wouldn't take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Would like a cork gig also.What time ye starting in Dolans?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭begrandx

Looking forward to Dolan's :) what time does it start?

Oh, f!@k yes!!!! I'll definitely be heading to the Dublin gig!!!!

I won't be going to the Dublin gig!!! Bummer

Mushy wrote: »
    Cheers man! Be shocked that Fred Zeppelins wouldn't take it!

Mightn't have tried Fred Zeppelins yet, will pass it up the chain, thanks Mushy.
    igorbiscan wrote: »
    Would like a cork gig also.What time ye starting in Dolans?
    begrandx wrote: »
    Looking forward to Dolan's :) what time does it start?

Sorry about the delay lads, we're due to start in Dolan's about 9.30-9.45pm on Friday, hope ye can make it down.
    I won't be going to the Dublin gig!!! Bummer

That's shít to hear Mickey, if it makes any difference the curfew for us on Saturday is a strict 10.15pm so it won't be too late of a night. Have a good one wherever you end up Mickey.

Mightn't have tried Fred Zeppelins yet, will pass it up the chain, thanks Mushy.

Sorry about the delay lads, we're due to start in Dolan's about 9.30-9.45pm on Friday, hope ye can make it down.

That's shít to hear Mickey, if it makes any difference the curfew for us on Saturday is a strict 10.15pm so it won't be too late of a night. Have a good one wherever you end up Mickey.

Have to go to something with the OH!!!

Have to go to something with the OH!!!

Ah well then, maybe next time Mickey!

Final confirmed entrance and stage times for this weekend;

Friday - Dolan's, Limerick. Doors at 9pm, onstage at 10.15pm, curfew 12.30am.

Saturday - Academy 2, Dublin. Doors at 6.45pm, onstage at 7.45pm sharp, curfew 10.10pm. Hopefully everyone who's coming knows that this is an earlier gig than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

any chance you would do brain of j tomm ngt in dolans?:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Looking forward to Saturday! It's been a while since I listened to some PJ properly :D

• Advertisement

jenizzle wrote: »
    Looking forward to Saturday! It's been a while since I listened to some PJ properly :D

Tattoo con early, pints, then rock it out for the night (well, late evening) :D
    Really looking forward to it, don't make many of the gigs now since the kids arrived lol

zweton wrote: »
    any chance you would do brain of j tomm ngt in dolans?:D

Sorry about the lack of Brain of J, hope you enjoyed the gig anyway zweton.

Just a note for anyone planning on coming to the Academy gig tonight, it is now sold out. We'll be onstage at 7.45, should be a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Delighted for you guys that ye sold out. Disappointed I don't have a ticket. Have a great night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

not at all, savage gig and band.:) was a great night

Wow. Just got my ticket yesterday. Hadn't even thought of it being sold out (no offence intended to the band)– would have been devastated. I feel the excitement as if I will be heading to an actual Pearl Jam show. Only saw Pearl Jam once in the O2 – and was way up the back of the seating area. Still was one of my favourite gigs.

Anyway, will defo be there at 7.45 to rock the evening away (and then head home on Dublin bikes to catch a bit of Match of the day, as only a true rocker would do).
    Would love to hear Black live. PJ didn’t play it last time in the O2.

Awesome.....

That is all.

Jesus, that was the best €12.50 I ever spent. What an enjoyable 2.5 hours. Awesome vocals and instrumentation. Tool a while for us in the crowd to loosen up, but we eventually did.

Anyway, would defo go again to next Dublin gig. Alive was just brilliant.

Any videos from the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

What time are yiz on stage at the Spirit Store stankratz?

• Advertisement

Jesus, that was the best €12.50 I ever spent. What an enjoyable 2.5 hours. Awesome vocals and instrumentation. Tool a while for us in the crowd to loosen up, but we eventually did.

Anyway, would defo go again to next Dublin gig. Alive was just brilliant.

Thanks for the kind words Flasher and thanks for coming in, glad we didn't disappoint you, although we did sorta make a balls of 'Save You' on the night! :pac:
    Any videos from the gig?

Can't see any videos about yet Mickey, if I do I'll post them in here.
    UsedToWait wrote: »
    What time are yiz on stage at the Spirit Store stankratz?

On stage at 10pm Sunday night, curfew is 12.30am, hope you can make it.

Advertisement