Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Family sharing

• 17-09-2014 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone been able to set it up? Since installing the GM I tried create an apple id for a child a few times but each time it says it needs a valid credit card in itunes and app stores.

I've checked and checked again and my card info is definitely there, at first I thought it was something that wasn't activated yet but it's still the same now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

guil wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to set it up? Since installing the GM I tried create an apple id for a child a few times but each time it says it needs a valid credit card in itunes and app stores.

I've checked and checked again and my card info is definitely there, at first I thought it was something that wasn't activated yet but it's still the same now.
    I haven't actually set it up but have gone through the motions. It shows my visa card details (last four digits) & I've got to the 'Add Family Member' stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yeah it's the same on mine. Rang Apple this morning and they hadn't a clue but they said it will only work on other iOS 8 devices as well. He said he would look into it more and email me.

Few hours later I got an email saying although there is a visa debit card on iTunes, a credit card is needed to create an Apple ID for a child under 13 in family sharing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

I got the same error & have a debit card on file. Has anyone tried it with a pre pay credit card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

can i ask regarding this?

my apple id has credit card associated with it. my wife's apple id has my credit card as well. she bought an app before, and im wondering, is there a way to share that app by any chance?

im still not sure how the family sharing thing works yet

Advertisement