Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Div 2 Heidenfeld Trophy 2014 - 2015

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

St Benildus 5.5-2.5 Rathmines B

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭flipsake

Fair play. That is a very impressive first half of the season for Benildus. You'll have a significant lead over some of your promotion rivals when things kick off again in the New Year. Still think this is going to be a very competitive battle at the top for promotion. 5 teams still in there I reckon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Congrats on a nice string of results! Certainly makes things exciting!

Yep, quite pleased with the result, especially as we went into last night's match 1-0 down from a game on Monday. Rathmines B aren't bad; we out-rated them on all seven boards last night, but not by much (bar one 130-point gap, and one 100-point gap where our player hasn't played in five years, which would reduce the gap). Talking 20 points max everywhere else. But we didn't lose a single game, and maybe had the better of the chances in the three draws. Certainly we didn't rescue any points anywhere I don't think.

Both our subs won again; subs are on 5/6 for us, which is massive.

But we've basically played all the bottom half (bar Inchicore B). Next up, we've Rathmines A, Curragh, Malahide and Inchicore A. Entirely possible we'll fade away in that run. (Though it's worth noting these are the games we did really well in the last two seasons - our big problem was losing to the bottom teams)

Inchicore A have played most of the top half and only their B team of the bottom half. So our 6½ point gap over them isn't as big as it seems.

Its good to have an early lead though. Your team will be feeling confident and more motivated for the rest of the matches.

• Advertisement

Oh definitely. Means we can go into the big games knowing a 4-4 draw is ok, and even a 4½-3½ defeat isn't the end of the world. And if we can win, say, two of our next four matches, we're in a seriously good position.

good luck with your run for promotion, but not too much luck when you are playing us! :P

any word on Malahide V Rathmines A?

Edit: It finished 2.5-5.5

Already updated on the website - 5½-2½ for Rathmines A.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭flipsake

Well Cowboy Dreams, happy new year to you. Any word on how ye Curragh cowboys got on with them there magicians of Malahide today?

• Advertisement

Happy new year to you too. I believe it was Curragh 7-1 Malahide

Wow. That probably knocks Malahide right out of it? Curragh favourites for promotion now surely; I'd say us, Rathmines, Inchicore and Celbridge for the other promotion spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭sinbad68

cdeb , who is us ?

St benildus , top of the league is definitely is strange , I have a feeling their luck will run out tomorrow . 5.5 -2.5 defeat very probable

St Benildus are playing much better than on paper. I wouldn't take them for granted.

No cowboy ,benildus team's luck has been riding too high for too long (they know it too ), I don't know the score 5-3 maybe ( being very conservative ) but I know this much , they'll get beaten tomorrow.

I don't believe in luck I only believe in good moves! :P

St Benildus are playing much better than on paper.
    Partly because we are much better than on paper. A few underrated players in the squad.

I'd take a 4-4 draw now though. Though we did beat them last year.

cdeb wrote: »

I'd take a 4-4 draw now though. Though we did beat them last year.

Benildus got beat 7-1 by rathmines A in heidefeld last year

Luck is a factor in the game ,such as fatigue , chosen openings , mood on the day .. etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

sinbad68 wrote: »
    Luck is a factor in the game ,such as fatigue , chosen openings , mood on the day .. etc

don't forget the most powerful motivator

revenge :)

Benildus got beat 7-1 by rathmines A in heidefeld last year
    Yup. But Rathmines A got promoted, so they're not in the division any more. We beat Rathmines B last year, who are now Rathmines A in that they're your second team.

Yup. But Rathmines A got promoted, so they're not in the division any more. We beat Rathmines B last year, who are now Rathmines A in that they're your second team.

cdeb .Most of the players in rathmines B that you beat last year don't play in rathmines A this year , each season teams change and not the same , I only posted this in response of you saying " you beat rathmines heidenfeld last year " you had a narrow win over rathmines B but got thrashed 7-1 by the A team . cdeb , if benildus heidenfeld get beaten tomorrow , don't expect them to post anything about it the next day ,they'll wait til after they thrashed elmmount B in armstrong on wednesday, so they can mix bad news with good new.

So you agree we beat Rathmines last season.

Not altogether sure what the discussion is about so.

(Also, half last year's B team are on the A team this year)

So you agree we beat Rathmines last season.

Not altogether sure what the discussion is about so.

(Also, half last year's B team are on the A team this year)

I agree you beat rathmines B , but you need to acknowledge you got thrashed by rathmines A ,your initial post " we beat rathmines in heidenfeld last year " totally ignored your defeat and was one sided . end of discussion, ok ? .

It wasn't one-sided; it was relevant.

We beat Rathmines' second team last year, if you really wish me to clarify my comment. They were about as strong as Rathmines' second team this year are.

The Rathmines first team match is irrelevant really. Much stronger team.

cdeb. I believe in fairness , I don't believe in pointless arguments , so will not discuss this topic anymore , if any members here agree with me they can thank this post and if with you , they can thank your post above , lets leave it at that .

If you are coming over to play tomorrow why not play with me ? you know which board to find me , I am getting bored to death from going over 4... d5 in scotch game again & again .

It's 4 am ,bad luck= bad sore throat ,dunno if I'll be able to play tonight after all that hype

It's 4 am ,bad luck= bad sore throat ,dunno if I'll be able to play tonight after all that hype

No have to go in , can't let the team down.

• Advertisement

Oh dear

Rathmines A 3.5-4.5 St Benildus

And we missed a win against the bauld sinbad I think

But maybe we were just lucky. Again. :)

Advertisement