Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Div 2 Heidenfeld Trophy 2014 - 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭sinbad68

You need to have a minimum of 50 posts to post links.

cowboy , I've run out of things to say to get me to 50 posts , so that I can post links , any ideas ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

You could ask how last night's matches in the Heidenfeld went.

(Except it's too late now; I've already done it)

cdeb wrote: »
    You could ask how last night's matches in the Heidenfeld went.

(Except it's too late now; I've already done it)

I don't see last nights heidenfeld results ! , one of us needs to go specsavers I think , to be honest I don't care too much about last nights results as heidenfeld outcome is a foregone conclusion, let me know if your opponent plays the pirc defence .

Can anyone see last night's heidenfeld results cdeb says he has posted ?! or is it me ? . Perhaps the emperor wears no clothes ?

I've already asked the question, not posted the results.

Edit - Rathmines B beat Inchicore B 4½-3½ per Twitter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Do many chess clubs use twitter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Ciaran

sinbad68 wrote: »
    The engine had black leading by almost 2 points at the time of draw , anyway ,ciaran ,I shall remember your post here and next time we play each other ,if you come to me and say ." Please, sir, I don't want any more ( chess ) and offer a draw , you'll get the same response as oliver twist got ! .

:D
    I rarely offer draws unless the position is pretty much dead or we've repeated moves or something anyway.

Maybe next time I can sacrifice competently. :)

Edit: Here's the most famous Heidenfeld game of the year for anyone interested. I was white, Sinbad black.

1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 exd4 4.Nxd4 g6 5.Nc3 Bg7 6.Be3 Nf6 7.Nxc6 bxc6 8.e5 Ng8 9.f4 Nh6 10.Be2 O-O 11.O-O Nf5 12.Bf2 d6 13.Bf3 d5 14.Na4 f6 15.e6 Nd6 16.Re1 Re8 17.Nc5 f5 18.Bxd5 cxd5 19.Qxd5 Nb7 20.Qf3 Rb8 21.Na6 Ra8 22.Nc5
    1/2-1/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Not that strange given the fide handbook doesn't give one!

Anyone know what it is?
    I remember Sam Collins was penalised for it in Kilkenny or Bunratty many years ago, but I don't recall the details. You might ask him next time you see him.

Any word from Phibsboro v Celbridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭flipsake

Phibsboro 2 Celbridge 6

• Advertisement

Ciaran wrote: »
    Any word from Phibsboro v Celbridge?

ciaran , Don't worry so much about other heidenfeld team's results , It would take a miracle to deny st benildus promotion to armstrong next season , yes your team will be laughing at end of this season , as for next season in armstrong unless you manage to poach 2 or more high rated players from other clubs , your team will be like a baby in the hand of giants and will be back in heidenfeld end of next season before you could yell Geronimo ! .

ciaran , Don't worry so much about other heidenfeld team's results , It would take a miracle to deny st benildus promotion to armstrong next season , yes your team will be laughing at end of this season

Take nothing for granted. We saw how that worked out a page or two back. :)

Especially as you have to play the curragh next :P

Worth noting we've played three of the same teams Inchicore A have, and we're ahead by only half a point over those three games.

So basically, the only reason we're so far clear of Inchicore A is that they've already played the good teams. And they have a match in hand.

Long way to go yet.

Seriously though, you guys are in great form, you might even give us our first loss of the year. Promotion is there for the taking, you might even claim the trophy if you keep playing like you are!

"If"

Course, we had a decent Gonzaga tournament as well, which has kept momentum going.

But it'd only take one hiding against Inchicore or ye to really pull the rug out. And showboating aside, sinbad kind of has a point when he says everything's been going our way so far, and the law of averages says it should swing the other way soon.

Indeed.
    But try telling that to Sinbad! He has us written off already. ;-)
    This Thursday should reveal a bit more about whether Inchicore A are real contenders.

St benildus heidenfeld team have been getting alot of freak results this season, for virtually the same team that in the last two years was struggling and managed to stave off relegation with skin of their teeth to score so well this season and also one of their heidenfeld players who has been playing chess for donkey years and not winning anything to come and win gonzaga championship this year is all too strange . I think an investigation is warranted by both Icu & Lcu . The first step of investigation would be to ask all their heidenfeld players to hand over their passports for inspection to see if any of them made a trip to africa and if yes questioned about whether they met any voodoo magicians while there.

I must protest at this libellous post!

I've won Gonzaga before sure. :)

Can someone send some voodoo magic my way please!?? I could do with some for Bunratty! :D

• Advertisement

I must protest at this libellous post!

I've won Gonzaga before sure. :)

I see no records of it , was it before 1975 or after & in what section ? . As I'm a bit of psycic ,the day before start of gonzaga I posted here that your opponent will open pirc defence and asked you to let me know what was the opening , but have got no reply so far ?!

Before replying ,I should let you know , during round one ,Just like a ninja I approached your table and looked at your score card and thankfully your hand writing was not as terrible as I expected to be ,therefore I didn't need to get too close and be spotted and read the opening lines before disapppearing into thin air .I can multi-task and while playing my own game can see what others are doing , fix the door closer and letting arbiter know that there is only 45 minutes worth of toilet paper left in the venue ! .

I won it in 2006.

My opponent played the Pirc. I knew that without you telling me though. Checked a database. Not that difficult. :)

I won it in 2006.

My opponent played the Pirc. I knew that without you telling me though. Checked a database. Not that difficult. :)

Yes ,You admitted that my prediction was right ,Finally !! but immediately try to take away credit , please enlighten me and tell me in what data base did you find your 1200 rated opponents games ?!, I don't see it anywhere .

Gotta have some secrets, haven't we? ;)

Big Brother's watching you.

(I've played him before obviously)

Oh , so you have him in your personal database ( which I've no access to ) , I guess that is an advantage to have been playing for so many years . Wow , you won it in 2006 ! , in which section kidergarten ? intermediate ? or masters :D ?. I tell you in 2006 if someone showed me a chess set I would've asked which piece was queen and which is king and what that pointy piece ( bishop) was called , you are very experienced and surely must be hundreds of points rated above me by now.
    Did you find out what happens when opponent not recording moves when they are supposed to be ? , I had to ask one of my opponents in gonzaga to record his moves at least twice during my game .

Any chance you can satisfy my inquisitive mind and tell me if you username " cdeb " has anything to do with the singer chris de burgh ? ,please be honest . thanks cdeb

Any chance you can satisfy my inquisitive mind and tell me if you username " cdeb " has anything to do with the singer chris de burgh ? ,please be honest . thanks cdeb

cdeb , from your silence , I assume that I have made a correct guess again :) ( just like guessing your opponent will play pirc defence ). When I was a kid ,around 10 years old, one of my hobbies was to try solve military/spy code puzzles , that's why I asked .

In heidenfeld if rathmines armstrong is relegated I think the club will allow one of heidefeld teams be relegated rather than having 3 teams in this league .

Lucan 3.5 Inchicore A 4.5.
    Probably not enough to keep Inchicore A's promotion hopes alive.

flipsake wrote: »
    Lucan 3.5 Inchicore A 4.5.
    Probably not enough to keep Inchicore A's promotion hopes alive.

flipsake , what are you talking about ? If you go to leinsterchess.com and click on heidenfeld league , you will find inchicore A are league leaders !!

Lol. Very good Sinbad.
    The wonderful winter ritual of chasing fees!
    There could be a twist yet...

• Advertisement

Celbridge 5-3 Rathmines B

Rathmines B are a decent enough side and could have a big say in things yet; they play Inchicore A on the last day.

Advertisement