Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Div 2 Heidenfeld Trophy 2014 - 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

flipsake wrote: »
    Well done to Jim Murray of Lucan. First player to be guaranteed of a board prize in the Heidenfeld this year. Some excellent wins there and mainly with the black pieces.

With 2 rounds to spare!
    For info, here's his record.
    http://leinsterchess.com/lcu1415/div2/pt0803.htm
    (Rd 1 was a bye for Lucan, and the missing game means 7.5/10 is the cutoff for a board prize.)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭flipsake

This silence is most uncharacteristic Cdeb! ;-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

:)

:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

What's happening?

We played last night. Inchicore A play tonight. Tomorrow, we'll show them ours if they show us theirs. :)

• Advertisement

Haha very secretive.

I guess we can break our silence now!

We lost 4½-3½. Not a bad result considering we were outrated on seven of the boards, and were 4½-1½ down at one stage.

I hung a piece in a "nice" tactic close to the end of my game, but my opponent missed it! Kind of made up for the mate in two we missed on one of the other boards though.

Phibsboro 3.5 Inchicore A 4.5.

A bit lucky to win this one.

Gap down to 3.5 points now.
    Still hope but running out of matches.
    Our clash with Benildus on the 19th will be a biggie now.

Really?

That's a let off for us!

Ye seem to do well against the better teams and struggle against the lower teams (lost to your Bs; scraped by Lucan)

Yeah, the next match is obviously huge.

But the more this season goes on, the less keen I am that we have your B team on the final day! We reckoned it was a nice way to end if we still needed a few points to avoid the drop - but a lot different if ye're hot on our tails on the final day and we need to rack up points.

Yep. I we get a win against ye the next day out, on the final day, it will be like we have 16 players playing for us.
    But winning the next day won't be easy. Looking forward to it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭2bts

Huge = Points earned in the head to head are effectively worth double those earned in the final day matches.
    (Each 0.5 in the St. Benildus vs Inchicore A means a 1.0 swing between the two teams.)

Against that, we know that we can afford to lose 5½-2½ against Inchicore A and still go into the final game in second place in the table, with arguably the easiest final round game of the three remaining contenders.

I know 2 2100 players looking for a club. Do you think inchicore would like them for the next round?? :-P

Sandbags 'r' us time so! :)

(That said, we've a 100% winning record against 2100s this season)

Ill only charge €500 per game per player! :P

seriously tho if I knew some 2100 players I think we would need them for next year!

Its a pity you arent playing the A's in the last round. That would be a great one for the spectators!

I know 2 2100 players looking for a club. Do you think inchicore would like them for the next round?? :-P

Send them down to us on Emmett road there Thursday week so, cowboy, and we'll give them a run-out.
    Could be a bit of a trial run for next year when we'll really need them!

If only I could use some tomorrow for our game of the season against Dun Laoighre in Division 4. Playing board 1 carries all the responsibility, so no pints for me tonight! booo :(

Any sort of score will see ye promoted there surely?

Three up, so you've a 4½ point gap and a game in hand.

yes but it is quite possible we lose 6-0 tomorrow! We are outrated HEAVILY! Ya'd never know though, we might pull a St.Benildus and win the match!

It would be nice to get promoted but its nicer to get something for the mantle to go along with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Playing board 1 carries all the responsibility, so no pints for me tonight! booo :(
    That's one plan...

• Advertisement

I can barely play chess when I'm nice and fresh, hungover would be a disaster! :P

Partial eclipse of our dreams.
    Inchicore A 4.5 St Benildus 3.5
    Benildus fought hard to maintain a healthy 2.5 point lead over us for the much coveted 2nd place with 1 round to go. Credit to them as they were without 3 regulars to our 1.

We could win the league tomorrow so, I think we just need 6 to secure the title. Our division 4 are guaranteed promotion now too and our bodley team should still do the business tomorrow against Benildus A.

I guess my predictions were more than just rose tinted glasses after all :-)
    stephen-colbert-told-you-so.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭checknraise

How are they guaranteed promotion in Division 4, do 3 teams get promoted this year?

Three teams promoted from the Ennis down due to Kilkenny withdrawing from the Heidenfeld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Neo_Ninja wrote: »
    We could win the league tomorrow so, I think we just need 6 to secure the title. Our division 4 are guaranteed promotion now too and our bodley team should still do the business tomorrow against Benildus A.

I guess my predictions were more than just rose tinted glasses after all :-)
    stephen-colbert-told-you-so.gif

You're sure of promotion from the heidenfeld anyway. Keep counting your chickens in the Bodley though. ;)

We will see after today. As long as we have a few chickens it'll be grand :-)

Curragh 8 Drogheda 0

Wow! Way to win the title!

• Advertisement

Thanks but not as impressive as it seams! Drogheda gave walkovers on 6 boards or something like that.

Advertisement