Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoke alarm battery

Options
  • 17-09-2014 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm minding an apartment for a few days and the smoke alarm has started to beep indicating a battery change, owners have only moved in recently so are of no help, its brk 7010be make and model, it's connected to the mains, any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The backup battery is a 'Standard 9V battery' and they quote Duracell #MN1604 as an example which means a PP3, they're available almost everywhere from multiple manufacturers, they all look like this ......

200px-Duracell_9_Volt_0849.jpg

The user manual for your model is here ......

http://brk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/7010be.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have Kidde smoke alarms at home, connected to the mains as well.

Recently one of them started to bleep, so I assumed it needed a new battery installed as a backup. I did this, but it still bleeped.

I noticed that the expiry date on the alarm itself had passed, so I bought a new one on eBay.

Just in case the replacement battery doesn't stop your bleeping, something to bear in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Thanks for the replies

Advertisement