Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern Munich vs. Manchester City (RTE2)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

How is that not a penalty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Should be a penalty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

FFS ref, absolute penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

We can really go and win this now, come on...

Kolarov coming on, great sub to have to go and win this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

SlickRic wrote: »
    How is that not a penalty?

wasn't impressive enough. Robben would have really sold that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

get the f in

Boateng :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Cruel one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hart finally beaten, and a great finish to do it.

Probably deserved on the balance of play, but Man City were robbed of a peno.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Was gonna say lovely goal but just seen the replay. Ah well, wooo!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

nuxxx wrote: »
    Cruel one

been coming all night, Hart was keeping them in it since the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

We can really go and win this now, come on...
    Kolarov coming on, great sub to have to go and win this
    Boateng :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

That deflection made that shot unstoppable, and that's the only thing that was gonna beat Hart tonight. I'm his biggest critic but he's impressed tonight.

giphy.gif

With considerably more swearing, yes that's me :D

• Advertisement

Great effort by City, a bit more luck and we would have gotten a draw or more. Superior play by Bayern but Hart and Sagna kept us in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Toure was a total passenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Got what we deserved, if I'm honest. It was a definite penalty on Merlin, but anything other than a Bayern win would have been harsh, going on chances created.Truth is, we're nowhere near good enough to seriously compete at that level. That was an understrength Bayern side, yet we barely had a decent effort on goal in the second half, apart from Kun's late toe poke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

The lads on RTE are off again.... How do they get away with spouting so much nonsense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Gringo180 wrote: »
    The lads on RTE are off again.... How do they get away with spouting so much nonsense?

Are you watching it? Obviously you are/were.

There it is, that is why they get away with it. People watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I think Dunphy has a point about City's desire and attitude over the past few years. They were practically gifted the two Premier League titles, especially the first one, when United imploded. They've spent almost a billion on this project, and at no stage have they dominated, at home or abroad. Also, having no players under 27 is a damning statistic. So there's a lot to be critical of and I don't blame the lads for having a go. Saying that, the City 'model' has been successful, as Chelsea's has been over the years. So all of this criticism will be falling on deaf ears if the trophies keep coming.

This is going to sound absolutely nuts, but I actually have a bit of a soft spot for City, despite being a United fan. You can't help but be intrigued by the whole thing. The money that's been pumped in, and their meteoric rise through the ranks, really captures the imagination. It's a great story, even if it's a somewhat ugly one. United seem to be going down the same route, which is sad to see. Of course they've always been big spenders, but there was always a mixture of youth there, which made the capitalist pill easier to swallow. I dread the day when United have no young players, or none coming through. I really feel like City have lost their way in that respect. Hopefully their new academy starts to bear fruit. It's exciting seeing young lads breaking through, no matter who they're playing for.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

NIMAN wrote: »
    Dundalk didn't get a ban. A fine.
    My bad, that is what I meant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

kryogen wrote: »
    Are you watching it? Obviously you are/were.

There it is, that is why they get away with it. People watch it.

No Sky Sports so no choice.

No Sky Sports so no choice.

Switch it on when the match starts, and switch it off when the match is over. If everyone done that they'd soon get the boot. Television is a ratings game, and RTE aren't stupid, even if they are incompetent. They want you to keep watching so they can sell lucrative advertising space either side of the match, and also during half-time. People need to vote with their feet. I don't like Ryan Tubridy and I refuse to watch The Late Late Show because of that. I'm only one man and I'm not making a difference. But together we could turn the tide on these jokers. Stop feeding the trolls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Dunphy spouting his usual rag wannabe ****e and Brady gleefully joining in. Every title and every trophy for the last 25 years has been bought in one form or another.. RTE pull a different figure out of their arse every time . €914 million euro, shocking ****ing exchange rate hamiltons getting off his bank! Suit him better to refresh his interpretation of the rules of soccer particularly the one about a goal ie To score a goal, the ball must pass completely over the goal line between the goal posts and under the crossbar and no rules may be violated on the play (such as touching the ball with the hand or arm).
    not when it hits the side netting.:mad:

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Dunphy spouting his usual rag wannabe ****e and Brady gleefully joining in. Every title and every trophy for the last 25 years has been bought in one form or another.. RTE pull a different figure out of their arse every time . €914 million euro, shocking ****ing exchange rate hamiltons getting off his bank! Suit him better to refresh his interpretation of the rules of soccer particularly the one about a goal ie To score a goal, the ball must pass completely over the goal line between the goal posts and under the crossbar and no rules may be violated on the play (such as touching the ball with the hand or arm).
    not when it hits the side netting.:mad:

City's gross spending over the past 5 years (not including this summer) has been €811.6 million. Check around a few different sites. You'll get slightly different figures from each one, but it's never too far off a billion.

You're right about every title being bought in one way or another. But what's remarkable about City is that everything is new, and it has come at an unprecedented cost. If every title has been bought, then no other team has done so much to buy one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

This is the thread for all the Champions League matches that don't get their own match-thread :)

Sorry. I thought I'd throw it in because it concerns the two teams in question. Munich and City are probably favourites in this group so I thought I'd throw in a bitta Roma. My bad anyway, won't happen again sir :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Best team won tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Headshot wrote: »
    I have enjoyed Heynckes Bayern alot more than Peps Bayern

not a whole lot of difference between them
    Muller is the most dangerous footballer on the planet, he is a jack of all trades master of most of them.

Wonderful player. Second favourite player behind Iniesta.

Advertisement