Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm getting bills even if I cancelled just a few days after

Options
  • 17-09-2014 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, I hope I find a solution in here.

I required landline and broadband connection with eircom as I moved to a new apartment. After a couple of days, the technician who installed the landline told me that there were damaged wires and that I couldn't get any service anytime soon - the owner of the building had to repair it, very expensive, etc. The day after I called eircom in order to cancel it and I was very kindly explained that I wouldn't be charged because there wasn't any service provided to me and that I was on time to do it that way. This happened on the 14th of August, I have the email they sent me explaining that I should take 30 days to send me the confirmation of cancellation.

But today I received a letter with a bill, issued on the 9th of September. What should I do now? I just don't want or need any eircom service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

forumcars wrote: »

I required landline and broadband connection with eircom as I moved to a new apartment. After a couple of days, the technician who installed the landline told me that there were damaged wires and that I couldn't get any service anytime soon - the owner of the building had to repair it, very expensive, etc. The day after I called eircom in order to cancel it and I was very kindly explained that I wouldn't be charged because there wasn't any service provided to me and that I was on time to do it that way. This happened on the 14th of August, I have the email they sent me explaining that I should take 30 days to send me the confirmation of cancellation.

But today I received a letter with a bill, issued on the 9th of September. What should I do now? I just don't want or need any eircom service.
    Hi forumcars

Please PM me the account number located on the bill which you have received and I will investigate this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 17 forumcars

Hi forumcars

Please PM me the account number located on the bill which you have received and I will investigate this for you.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

I sent you my info already. Thanks

Hi forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Hello forumcars

I will arrange the closure of the account today. It can take from 24 to 48hrs but once it's fully closed I will let you know.

Thanks
    Al

Hi forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Hello forumcars

I will arrange the closure of the account today. It can take from 24 to 48hrs but once it's fully closed I will let you know.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thank you! Any news?

Best

Hi forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Hello forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thank you! Any news?

Best
    Hi forumcars

It's still in the process of cancelling but I'll let you know as soon as it's complete

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Hello forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thank you! Any news?

Best
    Hi forumcars

It's still in the process of cancelling but I'll let you know as soon as it's complete

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

That's great thanks! Also, how do I ask for a refund? eircom took money from my bank account although I was told that it wouldn't happen...

Hi forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Hello forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thank you! Any news?

Best
    Hi forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

That's great thanks! Also, how do I ask for a refund? eircom took money from my bank account although I was told that it wouldn't happen...
    A full refund has been arranged forumcars

The account is now ceased and you will receive the refund via cheque within the next 30 days

Thanks
    Al

Hi forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Hello forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thank you! Any news?

Best
    Hi forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

The account is now ceased and you will receive the refund via cheque within the next 30 days

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan

I'm sorry but I just received another bill... so my account has NOT been closed and I haven't received any refund yet. I'm seriously thinking about putting a lawyer on this... it's unbelievably clumsy.

Cheers

Hi forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Hello forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thank you! Any news?

Best
    Hi forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan

I'm sorry but I just received another bill... so my account has NOT been closed and I haven't received any refund yet. I'm seriously thinking about putting a lawyer on this... it's unbelievably clumsy.

Cheers
    Hi forumcars

I had arranged the closure of this account and your account is credit- the bill you received is to reflect the credit amount which you will receive within 30 working days.

Al

Hi forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Hello forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thank you! Any news?

Best
    Hi forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan

Cheers
    Hi forumcars

I had arranged the closure of this account and your account is credit- the bill you received is to reflect the credit amount which you will receive within 30 working days.

Al
    Hi Al,

This is absolutely outrageous. It's been more than a month and I STILL HAVEN'T received my refund. You leave me no choice but to contact a lawyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Wow. Thats shambolic stuff.

Hi forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Hello forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thank you! Any news?

Best
    Hi forumcars

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan

Cheers
    Hi forumcars

Al
    Hi Al,

This is absolutely outrageous. It's been more than a month and I STILL HAVEN'T received my refund. You leave me no choice but to contact a lawyer.
    Hi forumcars

Your cheque for credit was verified and agreed by credit management on the 27th of Novemeber and should be with you within 10 working days from that date. Apologies for these delays forumcars.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement