Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Can't Believe I Just Did/Said That ....!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

God I just looked again, which was a mistake. I can see you have a sense of humour, which is good, but this is just way beyond a joke really.

Not sure I should ask, but... What meal were you eating every day for the previous two years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

J Mysterio wrote: »
    What meal were you eating every day for the previous two years?

Good question .......... Ummmm ..... I Think it might have been the " Chicken Curry " period? (Chickens wings are cheap and, if ye can be doing with pulling them all about? Actually make a Great curry! :)

Tinned stewing steak on a bed of pasta, with Patak's madras curry paste. That was another staple I seriously enjoyed too. For years.

Anyway, aren't we veering a little to one side of the thread here? I mentioned my dinner only as a vehicle of illustration.

Start a thread about eating habits, or what ever ....? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Ditch wrote: »
    Good question .......... Ummmm ..... I Think it might have been the " Chicken Curry " period? (Chickens wings are cheap and, if ye can be doing with pulling them all about? Actually make a Great curry! :)

Tinned stewing steak on a bed of pasta, with Patak's madras curry paste. That was another staple I seriously enjoyed too. For years.

Anyway, aren't we veering a little to one side of the thread here? I mentioned my dinner only as a vehicle of illustration.

Start a thread about eating habits, or what ever ....? ;)

Now you've got me drooling. Just a plain Goat/Lamb Curry will do (it's late) and some Pilau Rice. Nom nom!

Yes, fair enough. That was fascinating however.

Chicken wings are ridiculously cheap. I normally make Buffalo Wings with them though I guess you could tear them up for a curry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Chicken wings ..... I guess you could tear them up for a curry.

Slow Cooker. Half way through the cook; Dig out the wings, with a fork. Then, just use ye fingers to push the meat off the two upper bones and pull off the lump of cartilaginous bone.

It hurts! Ye dealing with some Hot shcit here! But, my god! I was seriously thinking of opening up " Ditch's Chicken Curry And Stout House "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭IrishExpat

Nothing that's never been done before:

Running around the flat for a good 5 minutes making a fair bit of noise, already late-ish for work, searching for glasses. Flatmate is just looking at me and sniggering before I look down and they're already in hand.

All teachers (will) have done the next one:

Freshly cleaned whiteboard and for some ungodly reason someone's left a permanent marker within arms reach.

Car keys left in the car door, and the frantic 100m sprint back when you realize.

IrishExpat wrote: »

Freshly cleaned whiteboard and for some ungodly reason someone's left a permanent marker within arms reach.

colour over it with whiteboard marker and it'll remove it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

I got Lasik a while back now have 20/20 but spent quiet a while waking up in the morning looking for my glasses, some times actually finding my girlfriends ones, putting them on and starting to get worried that everything was very blurry all of a sudden.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was killing time in work on Tuesday, had finished up but 30 minutes wait before I was leaving to go play football.
    Turned on a bit of BoJack Horseman on the comchuter in the office, full screen, headphones on.
    Someone approached my desk, I getured to hold on (like a Pr*ck) as the cartooon was mid joke, laughed, hit pause, turned around to see who was disturbing me. It was the CTO of the company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Recently went on holidays.

At Alicante airport and OH says to me "Should we check in now?" (He's clueless and leaves all the organising/airport stuff to me as he has no concept of when we've to do stuff)

NOW, I thought he meant "should we board now?" (don't ask-hungover) so I said "Don't be silly, you don't do that now, let's get something to eat."

We saunter over to Burger King, have a burger, amble over to the shop for a magazine and after an hour, boyf says to me "We should check in now, the queue's really long".

It was only then it dawned on me that when he said "check-in", he MEANT "check-in" and we practically ran over to the Aer Lingus check-in desk and joined the queue of a hundred people.

I felt ridiculously embarrassed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Poured some soup into a bowl, mixed it up and stuck it into the microwave at work. With the metal spoon still in. Ooooops.

Luckily one of my colleagues saw me do it and opened the microwave before it could do too much damage :P

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

This was about 20 years ago..

Woke up for work one winters morning...Had a shower , grabbed a cup of coffee and hopped into the car..

I was living on the Northside of Dublin but working in Bray (Wicklow) so had a decent enough drive.. Would normally leave the house around 7:15 or so be be sure of getting to Bray for around 8:30am

Was making really excellent time , kept thinking , "wow , really light traffic this morning..."

Got about as far as Cabinteely when I finally decided that I'd turn on the radio... Only to hear the 6am news start.... Was too far gone at that stage to turn around..

Arrived at the office around 6:30am .. Had to sit in the car in the park for over an hour until the 1st person with keys to the building arrived.....

Made sure to look at my watch in the mornings before leaving the house after that one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    This was about 20 years ago..

Woke up for work one winters morning...Had a shower , grabbed a cup of coffee and hopped into the car..

I was living on the Northside of Dublin but working in Bray (Wicklow) so had a decent enough drive.. Would normally leave the house around 7:15 or so be be sure of getting to Bray for around 8:30am

Was making really excellent time , kept thinking , "wow , really light traffic this morning..."

Got about as far as Cabinteely when I finally decided that I'd turn on the radio... Only to hear the 6am news start.... Was too far gone at that stage to turn around..

Arrived at the office around 6:30am .. Had to sit in the car in the park for over an hour until the 1st person with keys to the building arrived.....

Made sure to look at my watch in the mornings before leaving the house after that one...

I did a similar thing in secondary school. I had to be at school for a 7 am start which meant leaving my house at 6 am. It was late autumn, so I was used to going to school in the dark, but one day my alarm broke and went off at 3:30 am. I was at school over an hour and a half early :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

Long time ago...

Arrived home, half cut, throw one of those tinned meat pies into the oven, fell asleep

Woke up by what I thought was a massive explosion a little while later...

Had forgotten to remove the top of the tin :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭columf

A while ago we done some work in the house and part of the work was a bathroom upgrade and we decided to turn the box room which was my home office into a wet room and the old bathroom became my home office. On more that one occasion while half asleep I have gone into the office with the intention of taking a wiz luckily I have always come to my senses before I piss on my computer's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

Did you ever say something you didn't mean to say? :eek:

This week I was trying to tell my friend not to worry about a skin biopsy test he was having done but instead I came out with:

"Good luck with the autopsy!"

(Inside I was saying "Aahhhh … what have I said!" , and on the outside looking like a very concerned friend).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

"i do"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yeah, oh god.

I used to go to college with this girl who smelled chronic. Never washed her uniform, never changed her socks, you could smell her in the college from the bottom of the stairs. She was rank.
    There were 7 of us altogether in the class, so it was a small class.

Now, our tutors had called her aside and told her to sort out her hygiene but the most that achieved was her using more anti perspirant on top of dirty clothes and old sweat.

Obviously smelly Laura was a running joke in our class, we called the smell Estée Laura. Nobody wanted to work with her because she wasn't clean so she didn't bother with most of the class.

Anyway - this morning were all sitting in the theory room waiting for class to start. My friend Emer was spraying deodorant and the spray was evaporating out through her tunic under her arms as she was spraying so I was making a joke about it, "oh look at the steam coming out from under your arms, dirty bitch!" Kind of thing. So I then said "would you ever go home and take a shower, laura". (I meant to say Emer)

Oops, you know that feeling when you think you're going to faint with shock? Emer was staring right at me trying not to laugh, the other girl was staring at me with her mouth open, thinking she was hearing things and poor Laura was sitting beside me pretending she didn't hear me at all.

Man, I felt so bad. It didn't encourage her to wash herself/her clothes though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

A few years ago I meant to say to my wife "I love you" but accidentally said "I fcuking hate you, you have ruined my life, I can't believe I married such a fcuking bitch who has slowly destroyed my soul. I despise you" oh how we laughed when I told her what I meant to say.

• Advertisement

I remember going to a hospital morgue after an unexpected death in the family and the mortician as he let us out the door said " … see you again, see you soon … " … a moment of levity at a difficult time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

A few years ago I meant to say to my wife "I love you" but accidentally said "I fcuking hate you, you have ruined my life, I can't believe I married such a fcuking bitch who has slowly destroyed my soul. I despise you" oh how we laughed when I told her what I meant to say.

So you are the inspiration behind The Pina Colada Song I would dare to imply.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

So you are the inspiration behind The Pina Colada Song I would dare to imply.:D

Dunno what your talking about, move on now, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

When i was 12 years old i was in the hospital to get my appendix out. my mother was visiting me one day and told me " tomorrow ill bring you in your brothers playboy" ... i was stunned.. 12 years old!! the next day she arrived with a gameboy for me.... classic irish mammy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Remember those in-service training course days you'd get off in primary school? Yeah. I came home one evening all like "no school tomorrow it's intercourse day"

Threads merged!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Was at a removal before and was coming up to the first family member and had a total brain fart, instead of saying sorry for your loss, I said "hi how's it going" I just put my head down and quickly shook hands with the rest of the family and got out of there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This one is a bit of a strange one, so brace yourself for the strange. Firstly, I need to go on record by saying my family is not a religious bunch.

My father passed away in a private room in hospital last year. When the priest came to the room to perform whatever magic spell he does, his final words were "and now you can start your journey to heaven". At that exact moment, when the 'n' sound finished, my brother just happened to have flushed the toilet at the exact same time.

Threads merged!

OOooppps, didn't see that similar thread …. goes to show that we think we are original and creative … but it has all been done before … :)

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    This one is a bit of a strange one, so brace yourself for the strange. Firstly, I need to go on record by saying my family is not a religious bunch.

My father passed away in a private room in hospital last year. When the priest came to the room to perform whatever magic spell he does, his final words were "and now you can start your journey to heaven". At that exact moment, when the 'n' sound finished, my brother just happened to have flushed the toilet at the exact same time.

Truth is stranger than fiction …. :)

we called her the smell Estée Laura.

lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Fiolina wrote: »
    If I park my car the opposite way to normal outside my house I'll invariably go to get in to the passenger side every time.

Grew up in Ireland, now live in the Netherlands, rarely drive anymore. I do this everytime. I did it once outside my daughter's school, got into the passenger side and sat there really visibly confused as to where the steering wheel had gone for just long enough for every parent and child to see me, and piss themselves.

Another of my brainfarts: http://i.imgur.com/iCwiOEk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Mentally trying to press CTRL+F while reading a newspaper to search for a particular word

I actually said "No, wait, delete!" once in a conversation. Delete?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

i am always referring to taylor swift as tiffany swift for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

i am always referring to taylor swift as tiffany swift for some reason.

Always referring to Taylor Swift? Weird....

You sure about that username?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

endacl wrote: »
    Always referring to Taylor Swift? Weird....

You sure about that username?

:pac:

cannot get her haters gonna hate hate hate song out of my head! that and "its all about the bass about the bass no treble"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I actually said "No, wait, delete!" once in a conversation. Delete?!

That is embarrassing! The correct key would be Back Space!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Arguing with the wife, I tried to slam my Samsung Phone down to hang up, thinking I was using a landline with a receiver.

Just not the same with these smart phones is it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My grandmother comes out with some funny stuff.
    I recently was showing my aunt how to use Spotify and I was running through a playlist of romantic songs to guide her.
    Que my granny taking a gander at it and quipping:
    "What sort of name is Dildo?"
    (Dido)

*snort*

Having a shower.

*puts shampoo in hair*
    *wash it out*

Two minutes later I'm wondering if I have put shampoo in my hair yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I was at an all night party a few years ago. Myself and a friend were walking back through the fields as the sun came up. It was one of those wet, foggy mornings.

I fall over into the grass. Sat up going 'Oh my God, Padraic, I'm blind! I'm blind"! All I could see were blurry things. Was completely freaked out as didn't think I'd hit my head at all.

He's there, "it's okay, love". Reached over me, took my glasses off my nose and wiped the dew off them.

I was so relieved I forgot to be embarrassed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Betty Bloggs

Ditch wrote: »
    Thanks for the fun, folks. Now, most especially for " My Name Is Url " .....

Dinner Is Served!

I couldn't eat the same thing everyday, 2 days in a row with the same dinner would usually be my maximum.
    However I think that stew looks nice, I want to make stew tomorrow now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Putting away the shopping, put the roll of bin bags in the freezer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

My friends lives the north side if Dublin. One evening, she was late catching a train at Connolly, she just about made it and was relieved! 30 minutes later and she sees shes on the way to maynooth..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

loubian wrote: »
    My friends lives the north side if Dublin. One evening, she was late catching a train at Connolly, she just about made it and was relieved! 30 minutes later and she sees shes on the way to maynooth..

Similar happened to me in London. Thankfully was the tube so didnt have to wait too long for a return train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭hagoonabear

When I first started learning to drive , I had to go pay my motor taxed parked up outside city council went in and paid came back out sat in the car and tried my hardest to start it after a half hour of crying and wondering why it wouldn't start I realised I didn't have they keys in ......

Also many times I ve gotten ready for a nice bath or shower jumped in and few mins later to realise I'm still wearing my clothes not my finest moments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Hooked up my ipad to a tv display to explain something. Started tapping the tv screen like it was a touchscreen. Of course that didn't work.

Load of students just staring at me with a combination of amusement and pity.

Advertisement