Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom cutting off people early. Disgraceful customer service.

Options
  • 17-09-2014 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I received a call today from Eircom asking to speak to the account holder (my wife) I asked about the nature of the call and was told that they could only discuss it with the account holder as it was against data protection act. I went to ring my wife then from work and found that the phone was cut off. I managed to get through to her mobile and got her to ring Eircom. After a lot of two'oing and fro'ing around with the customer rep (Alan, I believe is his name) my wife could not get him to call me directly only if I was in the house with her on the same line. This is nonsense and spouting Data Protection act is also at this stage after my wife agreed I could call on her behalf. In any case the nature of my complaint was that I always paid on a certain date over the last 2 years and never got cut off. This was agreed with a previous rep years ago. Alan then looked at the account history and found that it was always paid on the date I stated yet then said that I should have been cut off on all those dates, despite me telling him that this was already agreed ! He would not restore service despite having the knowledge that I need my phone for business and was unhelpful in resolving the matter despite having the facts at his fingertips. My wife then asked to be put on to customer complaints and they told her they would restore service if I set up a direct debit ! How is this in some way relevant to the argument ? If there is also a re-connection fee I will dispute it with Comreg. This is a disgraceful service by Eircom and if it is indeed a revenue raising exercise they should focus on keeping their existing customers happy instead of trying this despicable gouging exercise. 
    Please post if you have recently been cut off earlier than usual to see if there is a pattern in this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

flash777er wrote: »
    I received a call today from Eircom asking to speak to the account holder (my wife) I asked about the nature of the call and was told that they could only discuss it with the account holder as it was against data protection act. I went to ring my wife then from work and found that the phone was cut off. I managed to get through to her mobile and got her to ring Eircom. After a lot of two'oing and fro'ing around with the customer rep (Alan, I believe is his name) my wife could not get him to call me directly only if I was in the house with her on the same line. This is nonsense and spouting Data Protection act is also at this stage after my wife agreed I could call on her behalf. In any case the nature of my complaint was that I always paid on a certain date over the last 2 years and never got cut off. This was agreed with a previous rep years ago. Alan then looked at the account history and found that it was always paid on the date I stated yet then said that I should have been cut off on all those dates, despite me telling him that this was already agreed ! He would not restore service despite having the knowledge that I need my phone for business and was unhelpful in resolving the matter despite having the facts at his fingertips. My wife then asked to be put on to customer complaints and they told her they would restore service if I set up a direct debit ! How is this in some way relevant to the argument ? If there is also a re-connection fee I will dispute it with Comreg. This is a disgraceful service by Eircom and if it is indeed a revenue raising exercise they should focus on keeping their existing customers happy instead of trying this despicable gouging exercise. 
    Please post if you have recently been cut off earlier than usual to see if there is a pattern in this.

Hi flash777er

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience this has created. An account is not usually taken off service until two billing cycles are outstanding so if you would like to PM me your account number I will look in to this further and get back to you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6 flash777er

Still no reply

Still no reply
    Hi flash777er

I had esclated this to our accounts team, I will follow this up and get back to you as soon as possible

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6 flash777er

Hi Alan,

ok cheers for the reply

Hi Alan,

ok cheers for the reply
    Hi flash777er

I've just had feedback from accounts. Can you PM a mobile number so I can call to discuss?

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement