Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damien/Damian builder /carpenter B&Q Swords - May live in Santry

Options
  • 17-09-2014 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

A couple of months ago we got talking to a builder / carpenter called Damian / Damien at B&Q in Swords. He gave us his number and we said that we would call him in a couple of months once we took possession of our home as we already knew we wanted to make some changes - moving a door, under stairs storage and fitted wardrobes. We really got a good feeling from our chat, and are keen to talk to him about a quote etc.

Sod's law, we have lost his number. We think he was doing a rebuild of a Mercedes SL in his spare time, and he may have mentioned living in Santry.

I know it's a long shot but if anyone knows who we are talking about could they PM me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Some 'repairs' eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

No, more general carpentry plus a bit of building - he stemmed to be a good, knowledgable guy and he had a couple of really good ideas! We really thought we had our 'home improvements' team sorted, tiler, carpets etc, and now when we are ready to go,we've lost our carpenter. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Has he got all the right tools?

I expect so - he built houses from scratch before the recession, and he was/is easing himself back into carpentry / building now that things are improving a little.

I think it's going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack and we will need to start looking for a new carpenter / builder.

Oh well, at least we tried

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

PM on the way

• Advertisement

Thanks Yakuza for the PM but our Damian / Damien remains a mystery.

Our guy was about 167cm / 5ft 6, skinny, aged probably in his late 40s, moustache, short hair (mainly black, with a bit of gray). He is married (he talked about the renovations he had done in his own house for his missus), and I think he mentioned a son. He is rebuilding a Mercedes coupe as he and OH talked about cars a bit.

It's really bugging me as we're sorted with a good tiler, electrician, plumber etc, and I really thought I'd found the perfect carpenter. It's just a shame sorting out the purchasing has taken so long... I'm going to have to trawl Adverts.ie etc for a new guy :(

Thank you so much for reaching out!

Advertisement