Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ios 8 ?????

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Unbelieveable how little difference there was UI wise until iOS7.
    And even then it was a bit of "Malibu Stacy Got a New Hat!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Dades wrote: »
    And even then it was a bit of "Malibu Stacy Got a New Hat!".

A 64 bit OS is a bit more than that to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

It's the least they could do after 7 iterations of an OS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Not happy with my 5 since updating to this. Phone crapped itself in the middle of the update the other night so had to do a restore, got iOS8 onto it but the phone has been running like a pig since. Battery randomly dropping a good few percentage, Safari randomly slowing down, phone just a bit laggy in general. Multiple hard resets haven't helped.
    What's the best plan of action? Back up the phone then Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings and then just do a restore from my latest back up?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I was only really referring to the UI. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

BDJW wrote: »
    What's the best plan of action? Back up the phone then Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings and then just do a restore from my latest back up?

To do it properly, erase everything and set up as a new phone, making sure you've backed up photos, contacts, notes etc all on gmail or iCloud.

The easier option is wipe it all and restore from latest iCloud backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Tim76 wrote: »
    This thread highlights why you should never be the early adopter of an operating system, especially from Apple. Always wait for X.0.1!

My update is perfect, as are millions of others. With every update of any software, from every company there will always be a tiny number of glitches. Same for 0.1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

guil wrote: »
    Turn off 5ghz network if you can.

From what I can see, the router is currently running at 2.4 ghz.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Unbelieveable how little difference there was UI wise until iOS7.

OS X has changed very little over the years. 10.10 will probably be the most radical overhaul of the look and feel of the OS since it first came out.
    http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/12/screenshot-tour-os-x-then-and-now/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Tim76 wrote: »
    This thread highlights why you should never be the early adopter of an operating system, especially from Apple. Always wait for X.0.1!

Good call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Good call.

Sorry, no service… :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

mad muffin wrote: »
    Sorry, no service… :p

Thats_the_joke.jpg

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Does anyone else have an issue since updating to iOS 8 where the button of a bluetooth headset won't answer calls? The audio comes through fine. I've tried a hard reset, forgetting the device and re-pairing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Apple have withdrawn the update as its causing more problems than its fixing.

http://news.sky.com/story/1341689/apple-pulls-back-ios-8-update-due-to-flaws

Thats_the_joke.jpg

:P

UfEI36W.png

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Potus

Not happy with my 5 since updating to this. Phone crapped itself in the middle of the update the other night so had to do a restore, got iOS8 onto it but the phone has been running like a pig since. Battery randomly dropping a good few percentage, Safari randomly slowing down, phone just a bit laggy in general. Multiple hard resets haven't helped.

Same here. Cellular gone haywire. Dropping all the time and switching to edge. Wifi not working. Apps slow to load. In general ios8 appears v laggy. Seriously thinking about jumping from apple. Sick of bad iOS releases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

I have an iPhone 5 and last night I had problems with the Bluetooth not working.

I could connect to the car radio but the call didn't play through the speaker and they couldn't hear me until I switched off Bluetooth. Anybody else have this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

bop1977 wrote: »
    I have an iPhone 5 and last night I had problems with the Bluetooth not working.

I could connect to the car radio but the call didn't play through the speaker and they couldn't hear me until I switched off Bluetooth. Anybody else have this problem?
    Did you check the audio button when in a call? There is an option to select Bluetooth, iPhone or speaker. It's only an option when connected to Bluetooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Potus wrote: »
    Same here. Cellular gone haywire. Dropping all the time and switching to edge. Wifi not working. Apps slow to load. In general ios8 appears v laggy. Seriously thinking about jumping from apple. Sick of bad iOS releases.

Well on the other side of the glass, at least they will work on it and fix it.

I remember IOS 7 had many issues before and 7.1 fixed majority and now the latest version doesn't seem to have any issues that were unexpected.

End of the day, we are the real testers, anyone who upgrades immediacy should expect this now, with millions over 100 million running iSO 8 it is clear issues then appear and will be fixed. This is why IOS x.1 is released within the month.

Remember also Android had issues like this and it took them, oh 2 years to fix?

Android cannot create fixed patches that quick as each one has to be deigned for each device before release.

Windows I have no current experience. Samsung s4 here running latest Android system and is still buggy as hell, prefer my iPhone 5 on iOS 7. iOs 8 will get there I have no doubt.

I updated my iPad to 8.0.1. It didn't fix the buggy wifi :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Did this last night and my 5 seems perfect again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

mad muffin wrote: »
    I updated my iPad to 8.0.1. It didn't fix the buggy wifi :(

Thats the one real annoyance I have with 8. My iPad Air keeps losing the wifi connection. Shows as having a full signal but wont connect. Have to turn off Wifi and back on for it to reconnect.

Hopefully the newer release of 8.0.1 will have a fix when its released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I'm convinced Apple only decide to ship new software as soon as they find a wifi bug. Is it really that hard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

dodzy wrote: »
    UPDATE: restoration from last backup ( that was done automatically before upgrade on itunes ) has solved the issue.

Spotlight now functioning again on all pre-update messages

This is pissing me off now. Spotlight refuses to function on messages older that today. WTF is going on here ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

bop1977 wrote: »

Did you update to 8.0.1? Buggy bluetooth is one of the problems associated with the update released yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

Did you update to 8.0.1? Buggy bluetooth is one of the problems associated with the update released yesterday.

No it's on iOS 8.

Also I had Bluetooth selected as my output method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

i had the same problem connecting to the car Bluetooth ,
    solution was to do a reset all settings its working fine now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

guil wrote: »
    You say you can access all photos in viber. Any chance you would take a screenshot and upload it?
    Seems to be sorted now with 8.0.2 update. Now when I click + to add & then choose from gallery I get 'photos' which gives the full screen of photos & video thumbnails as before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Anybody else having an issue with screen brightness, it just randomly goes to max from time to time happening now with my iPhone 6 and it's been happening since release day of iOS 8 on my iPad Air.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Anybody else having an issue with screen brightness, it just randomly goes to max from time to time happening now with my iPhone 6 and it's been happening since release day of iOS 8 on my iPad Air.

Is auto-brightness enabled?

Advertisement