Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ios 8 ?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Is auto-brightness enabled?

Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Is auto-brightness enabled?

I'm embarrassed now yes it was thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Settings > Accessibility > Increase Contrast. Adjust Reduce White Point to off

EDIT: all good now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Seems to be sorted now with 8.0.2 update. Now when I click + to add & then choose from gallery I get 'photos' which gives the full screen of photos & video thumbnails as before.

Yep same here full photo list is back in the messaging apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Any increase in speed or improvement in wifi with 8.0.2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I was having a small issue where the wifi would disconnect when I woke the phone or iPad and then reconnect after a few seconds. Seems to be working ok now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Photo issue fixed for me too - however it's now the case that the apps see all photos in one batch rather than the albums. Not too bothered by that though tbh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

When was 8.0.1 released? I checked for an update yesterday morning and nada and just checked now and the .2 is out!!

Downloading it now so hoping my 500 missing pics are found along with my dodgy wifi and Bluetooth issues.. Lesson learnt for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

When was 8.0.1 released? I checked for an update yesterday morning and nada and just checked now and the .2 is out!!

Downloading it now so hoping my 500 missing pics are found along with my dodgy wifi and Bluetooth issues.. Lesson learnt for me!

It was released, broke more than it fixed and withdrawn within a day or so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Hey guys , my old lad is having wifi problems with his new iphone 6 , keeps dropping in and out , but for some reason he can install 8.0.2 over 3g any work around for this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

It was released, broke more than it fixed and withdrawn within a day or so :D

:eek: someone's gonna get the chop for that!!

How's everyone's ohone since the .02 release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Man, you have no idea what you missed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Why is it telling me that I need 5.9gb of storage to install it in my iPhone 5s ? It says it is 1.2gb and I seem to have 3.1gb available on the phone.

finbarrk wrote: »
    Why is it telling me that I need 5.9gb of storage to install it in my iPhone 5s ? It says it is 1.2gb and I seem to have 3.1gb available on the phone.

Install it with iTunes and you won't need as much space. The update moves files around so you need the space. Make sure you backup first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Terrible no coverage at all it was supposed to fix this issue :(

DubDJ wrote: »
    Install it with iTunes and you won't need as much space. The update moves files around so you need the space. Make sure you backup first :D

Thanks. I'll give that a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

8.0.2 still didn't fix my spotlight search issue. I might revert back to 7.1.2 while apple are still signing. Anybody else having an issue with this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

dodzy wrote: »
    8.0.2 still didn't fix my spotlight search issue. I might revert back to 7.1.2 while apple are still signing. Anybody else having an issue with this ?
    Apple have stopped signing 7.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

dodzy wrote: »
    Are you sure that Messages is ticked in Settings=>General=>Spotlight Search

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Apple have stopped signing 7.1
    Managed to downgrade my 4s earlier in the week, but couldnt do himself's last night. Apple pulled the signing around teatime for 7.1.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Is there anywhere I can find what the toggles in system services do?

Such as:

Mobile network search

Compass calibration

Motion calibration

Wifi networking

I've looked at Apple's support page but it doesn't explain anything about the aforementioned toggles.

Do I need to have them on? Would they drain a lot of battery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

mad muffin wrote: »
    Is there anywhere I can find what the toggles in system services do?

Such as:

Mobile network search

Compass calibration

Motion calibration

Wifi networking

I've looked at Apple's support page but it doesn't explain anything about the aforementioned toggles.

Do I need to have them on? Would they drain a lot of battery?

Should be fairly obvious what some of them do: mobile network search looks for nearby towers. Compass calibration and motion calibration are devices that need calibrated to work properly, so if you're in maps and tap on the current location button twice to get your heading, it'll occasionally ask you to calibrate it if it can't calibrate by itself. And wifi is pretty obvious.

I usually leave them all on for a better user experience and I can't say I've noticed too much of a battery drain as a result.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If working correctly they shouldn’t drain the battery. They can go rogue, but unless you are experiencing a problem with a particular one, I’d leave them on. Some things don’t work correctly without them. Google Maps needs compass calibration, for example. WiFi networking tracks nearby routers to improve Apple's location services database so you don’t have to use GPS as much. Mobile network search keeps track of cell towers with the best signal, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I downloaded 8.0 a few days go and only noticed today that I had no coverage....fupping Apple.

So I connected my iPhone to my PC to download/install the 8.02 directly rather than having to free up 5 gigs of data...and then I got the below message (see attached)....wtf?!!? :confused::confused:

Am I missing something here?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I downloaded 8.0 a few days go and only noticed today that I had no coverage....fupping Apple.

So I connected my iPhone to my PC to download/install the 8.02 directly rather than having to free up 5 gigs of data...and then I got the below message (see attached)....wtf?!!? :confused::confused:

Restart the phone and iTunes and try again.

Over-the-air update only requires a small bit of space AFAIK. I have very little space on my iPad, about the same as yourself and I updated that way.

I installed it this evening on my iPhone. It took about 3 hours. About 75% of the photos are gone now though, even though the phone was backed up. I wonder why did it remove my older photos?

I installed it this evening on my iPhone. It took about 3 hours. About 75% of the photos are gone now though, even though the phone was backed up. I wonder why did it remove my older photos?

I'm guessing your talking about photostream? For some reason the update deleted photos older than 30 days. Usually it stores photos 30 days old or up to 1,000 whichever is bigger. I'd always had my old photos from months and years ago still there but after the update it only kept the photos I had taken recently. No biggie to me as they were just backups and I had copy's elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭nickhx

DubDJ wrote: »
    I'm guessing your talking about photostream? For some reason the update deleted photos older than 30 days. Usually it stores photos 30 days old or up to 1,000 whichever is bigger. I'd always had my old photos from months and years ago still there but after the update it only kept the photos I had taken recently. No biggie to me as they were just backups and I had copy's elsewhere.

Your photos are still there, just in the photos app now!

• Advertisement

It's ok, I found them. They seem to have redesigned the layout of the photos section.

Advertisement