Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ios 8 ?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Stuck this on my Ipad mini ... seems to be working ok .. although can't see or find this new Health App anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Stuck this on my Ipad mini ... seems to be working ok .. although can't see or find this new Health App anywhere

It's iPhone only similar to Passbook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Same old issue with updates. Battery draining incredibly quickly after updating. Looks like I'll have to set up the phone as new. Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Instead of setting up brand new, restoring from an iCloud backup should do the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

brophs wrote: »
    Same old issue with updates. Battery draining incredibly quickly after updating. Looks like I'll have to set up the phone as new. Again.

Battery still excellent for me. No issues.

• Advertisement

Piliger wrote: »
    Battery still excellent for me. No issues.
    Like clockwork.

Zcott wrote: »
    Instead of setting up brand new, restoring from an iCloud backup should do the trick.
    Yeah? I'll give that a bash so.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

DubDJ wrote: »
    I installed the update through iTunes and an iPhone 5 and iPad Air. Setup both devices as new and spent the night setting up both. Everything seems to be working fine for me. It seems a little quick on the iPad for things like launching safari, bringing up multitasking etc.

I knew that SMS from the continuity feature was missing but I didn't realise they also dropped the iCloud Photo Library. I'm confused by the photos app now, my photostream is basically gone, now only showing a few photos from the last 4 weeks or so under 'Recent Photos'. I used it as a backup feature so it's not a big deal, but I can't get my head around what's going on with the photos app now. What happened to storing all photos in iCloud?

From what I've read, they've postponed iCloud Photo Library for a month in response to the controversy over the nude celeb pics. It's been pushed back to beta and should launch in October with improved security

dodzy wrote: »
    Hi folks, can somebody check something out for me ?

I find the search function from text messages very handy. Normally at the top of the MESSAGE screen, you can search by word through previous texts. However, this aint working on any messages received before the upgrade. All messages are there, but search function shows blank, again, only on messages received after the update.

Maybe restore from backup ?

I just checked mine and search is going back at least a week based on my search of an unusual misspelled word used in a message a week ago.

Ah ... I just checked again and results coming up for 28th January 2013 ...also Feb 2014, July 2014 etc. So full search access to message history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I just checked mine and search is going back at least a week based on my search of an unusual misspelled word used in a message a week ago.

Ah ... I just checked again and results coming up for 28th January 2013 ...also Feb 2014, July 2014 etc. So full search access to message history.

Cheers Piliger, out of interest, did you do a restore from backup after the update ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Nialloo24

Downloaded and installed on iPad Air haven't installed on iphone 5 as of yet... Don't really notice a whole lot new on iPad except in safari... Can't you turn off the recent contacts in multitasking bar on iPad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Nialloo24 wrote: »
    Downloaded and installed on iPad Air haven't installed on iphone 5 as of yet... Don't really notice a whole lot new on iPad except in safari... Can't you turn off the recent contacts in multitasking bar on iPad?
    Have you tried:
    Settings => Mail, Contacts, Calendars and scrolling down to Show in App Switcher & toggling Phone Favourites & Recents to OFF?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭jtown

Just started the download :eek::eek::eek:

dodzy wrote: »
    Cheers Piliger, out of interest, did you do a restore from backup after the update ?

No. Just straight update.

Try a Hard Reset before you do anything. It worked for me with Call history and a few other things last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭whippet

How do I get the iPad to accept iPhone calls .. I can do it the other way round and dial from the iPad. Other handoff stuff is working (mail, safari and messages) ... ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

No. Just straight update.

Try a Hard Reset before you do anything. It worked for me with Call history and a few other things last year.
    Tried it, no joy. Bugger:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

faceman wrote: »
    Has anyone installed it on the iPad 2?. I very hesitant to do it given how bad ios7 runs on it

I downloaded it OTA last night. Works a treat on ipad2. Safari quicker & swift keyboard good
    . No health check app, but that was expected. I'm using iPad2 with ios8 all day without issue😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Fantastic.... SwiftKey is now in the App Store, and it's free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

I find the disappearing tab on top in Safari a bit fidgety.

Time time lapse feature is neat. Is there an option for slow motion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

pad199207 wrote: »
    Time time lapse feature is neat. Is there an option for slow motion?

Slow motion requires hardware that's only available in the 5S and above. Do you have one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Slow motion requires hardware that's only available in the 5S and above. Do you have one?

iPad Air :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Nialloo24

Have you tried:
    Settings => Mail, Contacts, Calendars and scrolling down to Show in App Switcher & toggling Phone Favourites & Recents to OFF?

You are a legend thanks for that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

whippet wrote: »
    How do I get the iPad to accept iPhone calls .. I can do it the other way round and dial from the iPad. Other handoff stuff is working (mail, safari and messages) ... ?

Mine just started working automatically. It's a little delayed picking it up sometimes, so let the iPhone ring. You need to be signed in on both devices with the same Apple ID and make sure you have it connected to Wifi or 3G when the call comes in. There could be an additional toggle in Settings, just check to be sure.
    pad199207 wrote: »
    I find the disappearing tab on top in Safari a bit fidgety.

Same here, it took time getting used to the iPhone version as well though. I don't like that you've to bring up the multiple tabs option when you've only one tab that needs to be closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Is there a way to reset keyboards to default texts. As in getting rid of previously used words

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

greenman09 wrote: »
    Is there a way to reset keyboards to default texts. As in getting rid of previously used words

Settings-general-reset and tap reset keyboard dictionary.

Updated fine on my 5S but I really don't like the new photos app. Have zero intention of saving my photos to the cloud, I don't really want to save anything to cloud storage.

Karsini wrote: »
    Updated fine on my 5S but I really don't like the new photos app. Have zero intention of saving my photos to the cloud, I don't really want to save anything to cloud storage.

How did it change ? And what's the problem ? do they make it mandatory to save to the cloud ? Not on my 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I was going to update tonight, but it's taken an hour to download the update for iTunes alone, so think I will leave it for tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Calls over WiFi would be a very handy feature if it ever got enabled by the networks here - my reception is very dodgy at home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Any 4s people upgrade yet ?

Afraid to update in case its like ios7 on the 4

Advertisement