Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ios 8 ?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It was only introduced in iOS 6 to be fair. Also I think I've only ever used it once (bar from that one time I wrote the file upload for touch.boards.ie ;)).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Upgraded today.

All messaging apps like whatsapp, Viber etc are now borked for sending any photos or videos that aren't recent. Bit pissed off with that as it takes away a lot of the good that was in the upgrade.
    I'm getting this, too. Story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Update requested is still there two days later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

sarkozy wrote: »
    I'm getting this, too. Story?

Also happened higher in the thread with text searching. My update went fine and no such restriction applies in Viner or Whatsapp.
    Try a Hard Reset or two, and then maybe a restore ?

Update requested is still there two days later

Don't you think there might be a glitch ? I would start again if I were you ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

iPhone 5 on iOS 8,
    I'm getting around 4-5 30 second freezes a day, around 10-15 5 second freezes and a lot of battery fluctuations and deaths.

Message search only funding results since the upgrade too

I hope they fix these bugs sharpish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

iPhone 5 on iOS 8,
    I'm getting around 4-5 30 second freezes a day, around 10-15 5 second freezes and a lot of battery fluctuations and deaths.

Have you tried a restore? I've the same iPhone running iOS 8 and I've had none of the problems you've had. Everything working perfect the last few days, except file upload via Safari. Also the swift key keyboard disappeared and I had no keyboard until I removed it and added it back after. Other than that everything seems ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

iPhone 5 on iOS 8,

Im having the same issues. Its worse than when I had ios7 beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

How do i revert back to iOS7? I dont like the new OS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Piliger wrote: »
    Also happened higher in the thread with text searching. My update went fine and no such restriction applies in Viner or Whatsapp.
    Try a Hard Reset or two, and then maybe a restore ?

There are numerous articles on the net now detailing this exact issue.

Would you mind clarifying for me:

When in whatsapp or Viber if you try to send a photo to a contact what exactly is there for you ?

On mine the recently added album is shown as default. Selecting the albums back arrow button on top left brings me back to the album screen but only the recently added album and any custom albums are shown. There is no access to older photos unless they have been moved into a custom folder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

When in whatsapp or Viber if you try to send a photo to a contact what exactly is there for you ?

On mine the recently added album is shown as default. Selecting the albums back arrow button on top left brings me back to the album screen but only the recently added album and any custom albums are shown. There is no access to older photos unless they have been moved into a custom folder.
    Mine's the same - when I select 'choose from gallery' (which is the only option) the only choice I have is 'recently added' with no other choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Same here.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I was getting the crazy 10 hour download times when updating through iTunes on my Mac over a 120Mb UPC line. It eventually picked up and finished in about 4 hours.

It does seem a bit buggy at times on my iPad4, certainly could do with a performance tweak as with iOS7 iirc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I'm getting a few issues with app downloads after restoring and then App Store updates. They stay shaded and I have to delete them and try reinstalling them.

Something wrong with wifi on iOS 8?

On my

5s

iPad 3

iPhone 6

Wifi is working fine, then all of a sudden I'm getting dialup speeds. Turning wifi on and off makes no difference. I need to restart the device, en it's back to normal.

With millions of people applying an upgrade, a similar glitch issue with always happen to a certain number of unlucky users. It's significance is very often misleading because of this statistical factor.

Viber - '+' button beside the message field ->Choice of taking a photo or choose from gallery or doodle or location or hold and talk. Tap on choose from gallery ->my whole photos album listing where I can choose any photo I like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

mad muffin wrote: »

On my

5s

iPad 3

iPhone 6

Wifi is working fine, then all of a sudden I'm getting dialup speeds. Turning wifi on and off makes no difference. I need to restart the device, en it's back to normal.

Same for me. Has happened a few times since the upgrade. Wifi, although full signal showing, doesn't work at all. Have to turn the wifi off in settings and then back on again and it's fine.

Also some apps have become very sluggish and laggy. Snapseed for example used to work flawlessly but is very laggy since the update. Could be the app itself though that needs updating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I'm an Android user, decided to dust off the iPhone 5 from the drawer and update it.

I set it to download, forgot about it and when I came back a few hours later it was done so no clue how long it took download wise.

Safari is much quicker but hasn't a pick against Google Chrome.

I don't really see what's new, iOS 7.5 maybe but calling it iOS 8 when there's nothing really that new is a much much surely?

The Handoff feature is really cool, shame I've no other iOS device to test it with! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'm an Android user, decided to dust off the iPhone 5 from the drawer and update it.

I set it to download, forgot about it and when I came back a few hours later it was done so no clue how long it took download wise.

I don't really see what's new, iOS 7.5 maybe but calling it iOS 8 when there's nothing really that new is a much much surely?

The Handoff feature is really cool, shame I've no other iOS device to test it with! :(

What's in a version number really? Sure chrome releases nearly twice a month and has a major version number so that argument is moot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

There is a hell of a lot on this OS release and more under the hood. Every release can't change the look and feel of the OS.

In fact they do too much every year. Also they need to move away from coupling the new OS release to the phone release.

I want to back up and then restore from back up to see if it helps my freezing issues.

I can't find my " back up now" option anywhere, am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

I want to back up and then restore from back up to see if it helps my freezing issues.

I can't find my " back up now" option anywhere, am I missing something?

On iOS 8, it should be in Settings > iCloud > Backup > Backup Now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

mad muffin wrote: »

On my
    5s
    iPad 3
    iPhone 6

I'm seeing something similar on my iPad but I'd put it down to the spider that lives in the router :(

theothernt wrote: »
    On iOS 8, it should be in Settings > iCloud > Backup > Backup Now

Yeah that's what I thought, no back up now option .......
    I'm not home, maybe it needs wifi ?

Graham wrote: »
    I'm seeing something similar on my iPad but I'd put it down to the spider that lives in the router :(

And you haven't moved house yet? :confused:

Jesus, you are braver than I :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Graham wrote: »

he's just surfing the web :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yeah that's what I thought, no back up now option .......
    I'm not home, maybe it needs wifi ?

I have back up now on my phone will on wifi.
    Can't do back up when off wifi. It actually says that on screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I'm still using 4s. Since I updated everything is crazy slow. Very irritating.

• Advertisement

I just reverted my 5S back to 7.1.2. Apple are still signing it so this is still an option for the time being. I was annoyed by the Photos app changes and the Mobile Safari issues. I'll stay on it for now, pity I lost three days of data in the process but I'll live with that.

Advertisement