Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ios 8 ?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

mad muffin wrote: »
    Something wrong with wifi on iOS 8?

On my

5s

iPad 3

iPhone 6

Wifi is working fine, then all of a sudden I'm getting dialup speeds. Turning wifi on and off makes no difference. I need to restart the device, en it's back to normal.

Same thing for me it would drop of WiFi and onto 3G with out warning
    I would be in middle of the AIB APP which requires WiFi would come up with
    a error you need to be connected to WiFi WTF

I upgraded the routers TP-LINK N600 model-W8980 firmware
    seems to be working OK now

App not working right:
    RTE now backup button crashes the app
    Sky News front page does not display correct on first start-up

Facetime call to a lower version of IOS makes your image look blurred
    phone gets really hot when doing a face time call
    eating more battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just to clarify, the AIB app doesn't need wifi to work. I use it mostly on mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

guil wrote: »
    Just to clarify, the AIB app doesn't need wifi to work. I use it mostly on mobile.

sorry yes you right

Here the error I was getting when it would drop of WiFi and back again

aiberror.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Does anyone play jetpack joyride or angry birds go?

On jetpack the screen is blank with sound and angry birds go part of the bottom of the screen is cut off on my iPhone 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Update requested still on my phone how can I try again there is no link or download button
    When I press software update it says update requested (3days now) and there is no other alternative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

IOS8 on my 32GB iPhone 5 is a disaster.

Very slow and keeps freezing all the time.

The Messages app is the worst. I open it and just have a blank white screen and can't see my inbox.

Then i tap a message and it goes light grey but doesn't open for about 20 seconds.

The messages are taking ages to send.

Messages are staying marked as unread even though I have opened them ten times and when I send a message the unread symbol is coming up as if the person has replied but they haven't.

Kicking me out of some apps too.

Not impressed at all.

Roll on Friday.......iPhone 6 (hopefully).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    IOS8 on my 32GB iPhone 5 is a disaster.

Very slow and keeps freezing all the time.

The Messages app is the worst. I open it and just have a blank white screen and can't see my inbox.

Then i tap a message and it goes light grey but doesn't open for about 20 seconds.

The messages are taking ages to send.

Messages are staying marked as unread even though I have opened them ten times and when I send a message the unread symbol is coming up as if the person has replied but they haven't.

Kicking me out of some apps too.

Not impressed at all.

Roll on Friday.......iPhone 6 (hopefully).

No issues with my iPhone 5. Try a hard reset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone else finding it takes ages to connect to wifi on ipad 3?
    It takes 15 mins for mine to connect.

No issues with my iPhone 5. Try a hard reset.

Didn't make any difference.

The Wifi is also a bit hit and miss since the upgrade too.

Think i will refrain from doing the iPad 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There’s a problem with 5GHz networks. My phone is okay, but it’s affecting my iPad Air. WiFi issues are par for the course with Apple OS upgrades unfortunately. Thankfully they’ve gotten much quicker at fixing them. I had an old iMac that went a whole year with no WiFi whatsoever.

I think Apple is going to have seriously to re-think audio and photo messages in iOS 8. The interface is finicky in the extreme. I was trying to explain it to my mother earlier and not only is it confusing to a non-techy, but it’s very unforgiving of accidental taps. I also don’t think the speaker/microphone in most iPhones is powerful enough for audio messages.

They also need to clarify how Photostream works in iOS 8. The feature seems to bear no resemblance to the old Photostream despite having the same name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

mad muffin wrote: »
    Does anyone play jetpack joyride or angry birds go?

On jetpack the screen is blank with sound and angry birds go part of the bottom of the screen is cut off on my iPhone 6.

Just tried jetpack joyride, no problems on 5S and ios8, got 4000m.

What was wrong with the old way of sending pics via iMessage?

If it aint broken & all that.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I think the new thumbs view for sending images in iMessage in is a great addition. Can't see what people wouldn't like about it once they gotten over the initial shock of seeing it appear. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Yeah I've no problems with it either. Left side for sending photos and video, right side for audio. Then the text bar in the middle. Simple and straightforward.

Can't wait for messages support for continuity to be added in October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ya replying to SMS will be handy on the iPad and Mac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It was great in the betas, wish they'd just kept it in for the final release. I understand that it's being kept back for a rollout with Yosemite but it can exist perfectly well without a Mac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

dloob wrote: »
    Just tried jetpack joyride, no problems on 5S and ios8, got 4000m.

Must be a problem with it on the iPhone 6 then.

Just getting a blank screen opening Facebook since i did a hard reset earlier. Re-installing app has made no difference.

Why can't all these bugs be squashed before release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Just getting a blank screen opening Facebook since i did a hard reset earlier. Re-installing app has made no difference.

Why can't all these bugs be squashed before release?

It's up to the app developers to make sure their app is compatible with the latest OS.

It's up to the app developers to make sure their app is compatible with the latest OS.

Yeah I get that. So why hasn't Zuckerdouche & his buddies tested it over the last few months to make sure it's 100%?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Yeah I get that. So why hasn't Zuckerdouche & his buddies tested it over the last few months to make sure it's 100%?

I find the Facebook app buggy in general so it's not too surprising tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The YouTube app has been buggy for me since the update, hope it gets support soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

If you want to downgrade you still can it seems :
    http://lifehacker.com/downgrade-from-ios-8-to-ios-7-1-2-while-you-still-can-1637650142

You need to do it fast though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Really not a fan of this update. First time I've ever not been happy with an update.

Hate not having my camera roll :( I've lost over 500 pics and they're not in the collection folder either.

Cannot figure out where to back up to icloud - cannot for the life of me figure that one out and i'm connected to wifi.

Everything is freezing and crashing on me. Majority of apps don't open. ETA I've a 5s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

I'm finding the iOS8 really slow and it's crashing and freezing a lot for me anyway. I've a 4s. I find it very frustrating and I'm hoping Apple get it sorted soon in a new update...

If I didn't have an iPhone 6 coming to me on Friday i would defo downgrade back to IOS7. But the iPhone 5 will just be a backup phone in a drawer after Friday so I'll leave it be. Hopefully if I ever have to go back to it the problems will have been resolved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Zero problems with iOS 8 on my 64Gb 5s, too laggy and some extreme slowness from some apps on the iPad 3 (retina based bastard child of the iPad family), pushed the iPad back to iOS 7.1.2, all happiness there again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Very funny (well at least I thought so!) article in the Guardian today on the iOS8 update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Anyone get this error message? Keeps popping up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Anyone get this error message? Keeps popping up.

Nope but that's related to Facebook and not to do with iOS 8

Advertisement