Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ios 8 ?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Nope but that's related to Facebook and not to do with iOS 8

No, it's happening when that app is closed also :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Really not a fan of this update. First time I've ever not been happy with an update.

Hate not having my camera roll :( I've lost over 500 pics and they're not in the collection folder either.

Cannot figure out where to back up to icloud - cannot for the life of me figure that one out and i'm connected to wifi.

Everything is freezing and crashing on me. Majority of apps don't open. ETA I've a 5s

I have to say, it is a bit confusing what they've done with Photos.
    Not sure if it's an issue with apps or with Photos in general, but I noticed when accessing your photos through some apps, Instagram for e.g., that all the photos are duplicated (2, 3, 4 sometimes) in what would have normally been Camera Roll. Any one else seeing that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Must admit, I don't get the fuss over the camera roll. I've been using the Moments sorting since iOS 7 and it makes sense to me. Haven't had any trouble.

Zcott wrote: »
    Must admit, I don't get the fuss over the camera roll. I've been using the Moments sorting since iOS 7 and it makes sense to me. Haven't had any trouble.

but when you go to upload a pic to an app, it goes to the 'Recently Added' folder and the pic isn't there, it doesn't give you the option to go to the Moments folder to upload the pic.

but when you go to upload a pic to an app, it goes to the 'Recently Added' folder and the pic isn't there, it doesn't give you the option to go to the Moments folder to upload the pic.

I'm not sure how a picture just couldn't be there as all mine are there. Am I somehow doing it wrong?

Also, I tested this with the Twitter app. The picture picker brought up all my recent photos but if I slid the picker up to fill the screen, there was a button to choose what albums I want to choose from in the top left.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

My issue is with fricking iTunes. I was forced to update to the latest version on Windows 7 to sync with iOS 8 - and now it just crashes.

I uninstalled every piece of Apple malware software and installed fresh, and it worked for a few days, but now the crashing has returned. If I don't get it stable before this Friday I will have a shiny new iPhone 6 and no way of restoring my stuff. :mad:

Not panicking until Thursday...

EDIT: Just uninstalled and re installed everything again and it seems to be working. Not gonna touch it until Friday now....

EDIT #2: F*cked again... sadface

Zcott wrote: »
    I'm not sure how a picture just couldn't be there as all mine are there. Am I somehow doing it wrong?

Also, I tested this with the Twitter app. The picture picker brought up all my recent photos but if I slid the picker up to fill the screen, there was a button to choose what albums I want to choose from in the top left.

The pictures in the 'Recently Added' are there for 30 days only and then gone. What do you do if you want to upload a pic that's older? That's just an example which happened me yesterday and made me realise that I've a good 500 pics completely missing. They were in the camera roll and now not in the collections folder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

No, it's happening when that app is closed also :confused:

Facebook and or other apps can run in the background too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Really not a fan of this update. First time I've ever not been happy with an update.

Hate not having my camera roll :( I've lost over 500 pics and they're not in the collection folder either.

Cannot figure out where to back up to icloud - cannot for the life of me figure that one out and i'm connected to wifi.

Everything is freezing and crashing on me. Majority of apps don't open. ETA I've a 5s

I have a 5 and no issues. What have you done since ? Restore ? Hard reset ?

Do you not see all of your photos in "Photos" selection ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Piliger wrote: »

You say you can access all photos in viber. Any chance you would take a screenshot and upload it?

• Advertisement

No there's a massive chunk of them missing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Dades wrote: »
    My issue is with fricking iTunes. I was forced to update to the latest version on Windows 7 to sync with iOS 8 - and now it just crashes.

I uninstalled every piece of Apple malware software and installed fresh, and it worked for a few days, but now the crashing has returned. If I don't get it stable before this Friday I will have a shiny new iPhone 6 and no way of restoring my stuff. :mad:

Not panicking until Thursday...

EDIT: Just uninstalled and re installed everything again and it seems to be working. Not gonna touch it until Friday now....

EDIT #2: F*cked again... sadface

Did you uninstall all the Apple stuff in the proper order? I would tell you what it is but can't remeber. I just know when this happened to me I had to uninstall everything in the proper order before reinstalling iTunes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

mad muffin wrote: »
    Did you uninstall all the Apple stuff in the proper order? I would tell you what it is but can't remeber. I just know when this happened to me I had to uninstall everything in the proper order before reinstalling iTunes.
    The first time I did yeah (from here). Was okay for a few days and then gone again. Seems I can get it working for a spell each time so hopefully there'll be enough of a window on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Dades wrote: »
    The first time I did yeah (from here). Was okay for a few days and then gone again. Seems I can get it working for a spell each time so hopefully there'll be enough of a window on Friday.

I shall cross all available phalanges. :D

No there's a massive chunk of them missing :(

Photos appear in a time line ... so all of your photos are missing before a specific date ? is it recent ? or 2013 ? or earlier ?

guil wrote: »
    You say you can access all photos in viber. Any chance you would take a screenshot and upload it?

It won't help. I already posted about this earlier in the thread. When it goes to the photos app it includes all of the albums plus one called "Photo Library" with the balance of them.

It won't help. I already posted about this earlier in the thread. When it goes to the photos app it includes all of the albums plus one called "Photo Library" with the balance of them.

Can you post a screenshot showing it? I and others only have recently added.

guil wrote: »
    Can you post a screenshot showing it? I and others only have recently added.

Here is what happens when I click on the '+' beside the message field.

5hNkJc.jpg

Then I chose "Choose from Gallery"
    6KHT2M.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

DubDJ wrote: »
    Have you tried a restore? I've the same iPhone running iOS 8 and I've had none of the problems you've had. Everything working perfect the last few days, except file upload via Safari. Also the swift key keyboard disappeared and I had no keyboard until I removed it and added it back after. Other than that everything seems ok.

Ok, restored twice now, both times set it up from my iCloud back up.

Still buggy as fook, Facebook esoecially but not exclusively.
    I'm talking 20-30 second freezes, crashing , white screens, missing keyboards.

I might reset as a new phone, but does that mean all numbers etc will be lost completely ?

Ok, restored twice now, both times set it up from my iCloud back up.

Still buggy as fook, Facebook esoecially but not exclusively.
    I'm talking 20-30 second freezes, crashing , white screens, missing keyboards.

I might reset as a new phone, but does that mean all numbers etc will be lost completely ?

Tell it to sync contacts to either gmail or iCloud to ensure that doesn't happen.

• Advertisement

Photos appear in a time line ... so all of your photos are missing before a specific date ? is it recent ? or 2013 ? or earlier ?

It seems to be all over the place, some from 2011 when my DS was born, some from 2012 and 2013. Photos I know for definite should be there that I would never take off my phone. It's very strange..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Anyone having issues with losing the wifi connection ? My iPad air keeps dropping the connection, not sure if it's a UPC horizon issue or iOS 8 related but it appears to be happening lot since I upgraded.

tallus wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with losing the wifi connection ? My iPad air keeps dropping the connection, not sure if it's a UPC horizon issue or iOS 8 related but it appears to be happening lot since I upgraded.
    Turn off 5ghz network if you can.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

tallus wrote: »

There's an issue with 5GHz networks. I haven't tried it yet but I've heard disabling Wi-Fi Networking in System Location Services fixed it for some people. If that doesn't work you can try resetting network settings or just waiting for an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

This thread highlights why you should never be the early adopter of an operating system, especially from Apple. Always wait for X.0.1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I haven't had many problems at all with this update. iPhone 5 and iPad Air.

Safari uploading is broken, third party keyboad disappears sometimes, the YouTube app is very buggy since the update, the iPad rotation seems to be delayed too, sometimes I need to flip the iPad and back again to get the screen to rotate. Also when rotating in Safari from horizontal to vertical the bottom half of the screen that was hidden before appears in black and takes a second to load.

That's all I can find for now, some problems are with third party apps, others small things that don't bother me that much. I set both devices up as new with this update though, so that could be why I'm not having the same problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

Interesting infopgraph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Unbelieveable how little difference there was UI wise until iOS7.

There's an issue with 5GHz networks. I haven't tried it yet but I've heard disabling Wi-Fi Networking in System Location Services fixed it for some people. If that doesn't work you can try resetting network settings or just waiting for an update.

I disabled 5ghz on my router and it's working fine since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Working fine on my 5GHz router. (iPad3)

Advertisement