Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is she interested

• 17-09-2014 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

A new girl started at work in a different section about a year ago and we got on well from the start. She was only going to be there for a month as the office she was going to be in wasn't ready yet. She didn't always go to lunch in the canteen with the same crowd I would normally go with but one day I was on my own and she came in to the canteen to get something but instead of going back to the ones she was working along with she joined me for lunch. On the days she would join us she would I would often see her staring at me but never turned away when I looked at her.
    When she moved we kept in contact by e-mail. One day I was going to be working near her office so I suggested we meet up for a cup of tea, she said she was very busy and hadn't time so suggested we meet up after work instead. Maybe she didn't want to be seen with me as some of her work colleagues were teasing her about me and her, they don't know that I know this, no one said anything to me, I figured it out for myself.
    We have met up a few times since on Sundays but getting a day to suit would be difficult sometimes, she would always have something else on or cancel saying something came up, It's not that I don't believe her, If she were interested in me it wouldn't have been hard for her to reschedule on the odd occasion. When we do meet up she sometimes suggest we will go somewhere or do something but never follows up on it. I am looking for peoples opinions if I should ask her out or not.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Sounds like she's interested but is waiting for you to make a move. I'd guess that she's suggesting plans but not following up because she's hoping you will follow up with her to show your interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Jinonatron

Go for it. She is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I would be very wary here. It looks like OP is doing his bit, arranging dates, and she is the one who keeps cancelling. If she were interested she would at least arrange another day to meet instead...looks like she is making no effort and showing no interest, in my opinion at least...I would be careful, OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

just ask her on a proper date.

Advertisement