Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tracking down details on POS items on Statements

Options
  • 17-09-2014 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've a few POS line items on my statement which are not very informative, eg, "Pos15Aug Express Chec"
    What is the best way to get additional information on what these transactions actually are? Can I send PM with list, do I phone banking 365, call the branch etc.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi irishgrover,

Thank you for contacting us here on boards.

When you see POS in front of a transaction this is to clarify for you that this was a point of sale transaction with your Visa Debit Card in-store, over the phone or online..

It is certainly possible to obtain further information on any transaction you are unsure of by contacting our BOI365 Team on 0818 365 365. Alternatively if you are a registered user of BOI365 Online you can submit this request via the "ask a question" section of the Online Service Desk. A representative through either of these channels will be more than happy to offer you assistance with this.

We hope this is of benefit to you, if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi Paula,

alas, nothing in life is as easy as it seems.
    I contacted 363 (phone) last night. I was told by the agent that all she on her system is what I can see on my statement (eg P0505Gb138.00@.819818). However she further informed me that if I phoned back 365 during the day then they could access another system with more detailed information.
    I did that, and am just off the phone with your colleagues. I was told the following....
    Your colleagues can only access the same information as is on my statement, and cannot give any detail on what company (location of business etc) made the charge. They can however send a request to the Back Office to do same, but I would need to hire someone in the back office to do  this work at the rate of €35 per hour. :eek:
    Can you clarify if this is expected behaviour?, or have I just been unlucky and spoken to people who are mistaken? Might this just be a training issue?
    thanks again

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I have indeed been told the same when I have rang the 365 helpline. In this day and age it is ridiculous that an artificial technological barrier prevents customer care agents from accessing information that is available to the branch network - since BOI and other banks' main aim is to keep people physically out of the branch. Rather than respond with the usual platitudes, please forward the concerns of customers as mentioned on this thread on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi Paula,

alas, nothing in life is as easy as it seems.
    I contacted 363 (phone) last night. I was told by the agent that all she on her system is what I can see on my statement (eg P0505Gb138.00@.819818). However she further informed me that if I phoned back 365 during the day then they could access another system with more detailed information.
    I did that, and am just off the phone with your colleagues. I was told the following....
    Your colleagues can only access the same information as is on my statement, and cannot give any detail on what company (location of business etc) made the charge. They can however send a request to the Back Office to do same, but I would need to hire someone in the back office to do  this work at the rate of €35 per hour. :eek:
    Can you clarify if this is expected behaviour?, or have I just been unlucky and spoken to people who are mistaken? Might this just be a training issue?
    thanks again
    Hi, 

Thanks for the post.

I'm sorry about that, can you PM your details and I'll organise a call back.

Janette

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Red Alert.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us and provide us with this feedback. 
    We understand your frustration and will forward your comments on to the relevant department. 

If we can assist you with anything in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.
    Laura

• Advertisement
Advertisement