Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So is it a banable offence to suggest that someone is a membe of Sinn Fein

Options
  • 17-09-2014 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭

So I got a 24 hour ban as per the message below, now I wonder how someone could be insulted about being a member of SF? Nodin came back with what I considered a jolly little reply where I question if Muslim leaders had condemned the murder fo David Haines, and someone referenced statements from last month, and I came back with a harmless little reply, Nodin or one of his friends on here reported it and I get a 24 hour ban? Can someone explain this to me?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Snake Plisken View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodin View Post

Shush now. He didn't hear it, so it never happened.

Nodin my little SF friend I'm talking about the Latest (David Haines) murder, not some generic statement from the middle of August! Can you not read now or is it selective blindness!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi Snake Plisken,

You weren't banned for suggesting another poster was a member of Sinn Fein. You were banned because "Nodin my little SF friend" and "Can you not read now or is it selective blindness!" are needlessly patronising and antagonistic. You're attacking the poster, not the post, and it's not the first time it's happened either.

If you have an issue with another poster(s), I suggest you drop it, or put them on ignore.

Ban upheld. You may ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

Advertisement