Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime - click here for drama

Options
  • 18-09-2014 6:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Guy tried to assault me tonight.

Ongar - the long wooded laneway between Ongar village and top of Ongar road.

Locals will know the place. Roundabouts at both ends.

Anyway - Male approx 180cm/...maybe 5'10, early 20's, race-black/African.
    Clothes: red hoody, black skinny jeans, white runners. Hoody pulled tight around head so cant say about hairstyle.

Important - that laneway: approx 1 km long, beside a school, Ongar village at one end, roundabout of the top of Ongar road at the other end: Is not safe. Its well lit, but I wont be using it at night anymore.

It may not even be a great route during daylight hours.

Please spread the word, that route is dangerous at night.

Story: Out for a stroll/bit of a jog. Was walking up said laneway, male coming towards me asked me for a smoke, replied 'no', asked again ... perhaps foolishly I said no again, I knew it was probably trouble at this point.... turned to see him moving quickly towards me raising his fists - raised my own fists and gave my best war scream.(locals for two kilometers may have heard this). He backed off and told me to keep going...which I very gladly did.

What troubled me though is the nature of the situation - I was going into a fight for my life in my book, others may say thats an exaggeration, but for all I knew at the time thats what it was.

Any stranger attempting to assault you, in a secluded area, is an attempted murder.

Chances are it was a mugging attempt, but how many muggings have gone wrong, concussions lead to loss of consciousness - if you're lying in the wrong position you can stop breathing.

How did he plan to take my wallet from my trouser pocket if I was still moving, there was no demand for money - just zero to combat.
    He may have been carrying a blade for all I knew/know, he initially had his hands in his pockets.

Rang the Gardai and reported it they said they'd send a car.

Twitter, Facebook, forums - anyone who knows the area please pass it on - get the word out - that route is not safe at night.

Thanks.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement