Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatles mono vinyl reissues

Options
  • 18-09-2014 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Any impressions on the new boxset and/or the individual album reissues? I have the mono cd boxset but would love to have good vinyl editions of Rubber Soul, Revolver, White album, Magical Mystery Tour (strawberry fields & penny lane!) and Mono Masters (rain,across the universe)
    The individual albums are priced a bit high but the boxset is €350!
    Would love to hear any reviews from anyone who has made purchases :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

I have the mono mixes on my ipod yet I still find it weird listening to mono... things seem "empty" to me and although you can hear everything (and some mixes, like Sgt Pepper, are actually better) I still prefer the stereo.

I'm sure I'm supposed to be listening to these on a high end stereo system rather than ipod earbuds, but still. That's how I listen to music 90% of the time.

Advertisement