Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A "Travel Buddy" section?

• 18-09-2014 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, Im new to this part of Boards so maybe it has been suggested already. Would it be possible to get a "Travel Buddy" subsection going on here where people who are travelling solo but would like to do it with others can post to?

So for example it could be "Male, 30s, travelling to Brazil January 2015" and anyone looking to do similar could join that thread to get involved.

I ask because I want to see a bit of the world next year but all my friends are either married and settled down or just dont have the funds and Ive a funny feeling Im not the only one in this situation!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

There was a thread for this a while back. If you do a search of the forum you might come up with it. I think "Single Travellers" was in the title...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi, Im new to this part of Boards so maybe it has been suggested already. Would it be possible to get a "Travel Buddy" subsection going on here where people who are travelling solo but would like to do it with others can post to?

So for example it could be "Male, 30s, travelling to Brazil January 2015" and anyone looking to do similar could join that thread to get involved.

I ask because I want to see a bit of the world next year but all my friends are either married and settled down or just dont have the funds and Ive a funny feeling Im not the only one in this situation!

Just moved your thread from our mainstream Travel forum over into our Independent & Youth Travel forum where it would be better suited.

A good number of similar threads can be found in here, some v-specific in terms of queries & locations.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Where is it you are looking at travelling to? When and perhaps, for how long?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭ruskin

Funny I happened upon this thread, I was just thinking the same to myself over the weekend. I'm 29, single, and really want to see some of the world while I can, but all my buddies seem to have commitments re- girlfriends etc. While I'd love to travel some next year, I just think doing so on my own would be an empty experience!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Dub_Steve

This would useful, good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

ruskin wrote: »
    While I'd love to travel some next year, I just think doing so on my own would be an empty experience!
    Give it a go. Guarantee you'll love it. You end up meeting the best people when you travel alone and if they happen to be going the same direction you're not alone for long.

• Advertisement
Advertisement