Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

• 18-09-2014 7:31am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Will there be one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

No. You can buy it from the 26th. In store from networks and the likes of carphonewarehouse.

From Apple expect at least a week shipping for the 6 and 3-4 weeks for the plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

CPW are taking pre orders in some of their stores in dublin tomorrow

RVN10 wrote: »
    CPW are taking pre orders in some of their stores in dublin tomorrow

Just so you know. These are not official preorders.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

mad muffin wrote: »
    Just so you know. These are not official preorders.

In what sense?

godtabh wrote: »
    In what sense?

They are just writing down some names. some shops might not even do them. Also they don't know how many they will get, until the day before sales start.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

In my experience a name on a list is worthless unless someone absolutely guarantees that they'll hold a phone for you.

Caveat emptor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If there are pre-orders of some type in CPW tomorrow, does that mean there'll be an indication as to the handset cost on the various contracts?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

dulpit wrote: »
    If there are pre-orders of some type in CPW tomorrow, does that mean there'll be an indication as to the handset cost on the various contracts?

doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

I'm doing f all till i see how much bill pay contracts are

Whats the big deal with people wanting it now now now etc drives me nuts , they will still have them in a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭squonk

Whats the big deal with people wanting it now now now etc drives me nuts , they will still have them in a month

Very true! In the past I would have been one of those chomping at the bit to get my hands on the latest phone. They were rarer and it was nice to get to try them out. That being said, I started out with a 3G and the iPhone 4 was a significant upgrade at that point. I upgraded to the 5 then because it was an important enough update in it's own right. It had the bigger screen and improved on the 4 in lots of ways. Now though I don't want a 6+ and the 6 is really just taking what's there and brightening it up a bit. I'm not taken enough with the fingerprint scanning to get very excited about the prospect of owning an iDevice that does it. It's the first time really I've not been overwhelmed by a new iPhone launch. I'm even unsure if I'll upgrade as my current 5 is a replacement phone from Apple a few months ago so it's perfect.

• Advertisement

The contract prices will be released before the phone is available so that goes for everyone.
    What's wrong with wanting something sooner rather than later? Especially something that's been in the pipeline forever.

Also, if you have an upgrade available with a network it makes sense to use it sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

thanks for coming in today

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/content/apple-iphone-6/1298

On the site earlier there was a greyed out option to pay 50 quid refundable deposit to pre-order. All subject availability etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Dades wrote: »
    The contract prices will be released before the phone is available so that goes for everyone.

What's wrong with wanting something sooner rather than later? Especially something that's been in the pipeline forever.

Also, if you have an upgrade available with a network it makes sense to use it sooner rather than later.

Just seems pointless the folk going up to camp or sit outside a shop for a bloody phone , i mean it wont so much more than the 5 or 5s does now

No probs if somebody wants something new etc but do they need to go to them extremes ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Anyone know what time the iphone 6 will be available to order online from the Irish Apple store?

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/content/apple-iphone-6/1298

On the site earlier there was a greyed out option to pay 50 quid refundable deposit to pre-order. All subject availability etc..

that form says pre order from mid night tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

godtabh wrote: »
    that form says pre order from mid night tonight

Thanks but that's from carphone warehouse not Apple.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

digitaldr wrote: »
    Anyone know what time the iphone 6 will be available to order online from the Irish Apple store?

8am on the 26th IIRC

Just seems pointless the folk going up to camp or sit outside a shop for a bloody phone , i mean it wont so much more than the 5 or 5s does now
    Some people love their tech... and in particular some people love their iPhones. It's a device they use a hundred times throughout the day and therefore anything new is going to be a Big Deal.
    No probs if somebody wants something new etc but do they need to go to them extremes ?
    I wouldn't be a camper myself (maybe a queuer!) but if you like your Apple tech then the whole thing is a bit of an event. Sometimes in life you need something to get excited about. :)
    kceire wrote: »
    8am on the 36th IIRC
    That's gonna be a long wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

kceire wrote: »
    8am on the 36th IIRC

damn Apple, making us use their proprietary new calendar

• Advertisement

digitaldr wrote: »
    Thanks but that's from carphone warehouse not Apple.

who said anything about apple?

This. Have been sitting on an upgrade since July, want it used now...

just for an email about metoer doing a pre order

Me too (re. Meteor). Says stock will be limited both in store and online. Pre-order tomorrow will (apparently) guarantee delivery or collection on Friday week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Meteor preorder from 9am tomorrow and Carphone warehouse from midnight tonight. Just a word on preorders, from my own experience, I've done this before with three and received my phone each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

fifth wrote: »
    Meteor preorder from 9am tomorrow and Carphone warehouse from midnight tonight. Just a word on preorders, from my own experience, I've done this before with three and received my phone each time.

Have you had a long wait for the phone or got it on the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Have you had a long wait for the phone or got it on the day?

No I was able to get it on the day, went in at lunch time and they had kept it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

No I was able to get it on the day, went in at lunch time and they had kept it for me.

Amazing. I queued last time and luckily got what I wanted but had to take a day off work to sleep!! This could be a better option.

O2 doing preorder from tomorrow online also.

Interesting...

So I assume you preorder a handset with CPW and then when you collect you sign up with whatever carrier you want? Do you need to pay a deposit with the preorder or does it just reserve you an iPhone until a certain time and give you an email confirmation?

Might do this if there's no penalty and if I get one at my local VF shop before I get into town, I'll let them know I don't need it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Interesting...

So I assume you preorder a handset with CPW and then when you collect you sign up with whatever carrier you want? Do you need to pay a deposit with the preorder or does it just reserve you an iPhone until a certain time and give you an email confirmation?

Might do this if there's no penalty and if I get one at my local VF shop before I get into town, I'll let them know I don't need it.

Yes €50 refundable deposit with CPW

Advertisement