Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ogruairi

Yeah, that was me but then after talking to online store rep said that thats impossible as its via An Post regardless of whether you chose deliver to store or not.

Ah alright cheers! Looks like it will be a long weekend of waiting for me so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Had you got an email?

nope, thats why i wanted to chat with them, to see what the story was. No email, but its shipped and available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

dan786 wrote: »
    Ordered on Tuesday on Prepay.

Me too. Got an email with tracking number at 18.14 today.

As of now it's in Ballymount. My local PO is Balbriggan, wonder will it get there overnight for delivery tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

Branoic wrote: »
    nope, thats why i wanted to chat with them, to see what the story was. No email, but its shipped and available

Twitter people said it wasn't shipped but onto the live chat people now to see what the story is.
    I'm actually getting really annoyed to hear that some people had theirs shipped and others haven't. So frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Me too. Got an email with tracking number at 18.14 today.

As of now it's in Ballymount. My local PO is Balbriggan, wonder will it get there overnight for delivery tomorrow?

Leaving for work at 10 so hoping I get it before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Ordered from Vodafone at 11am this morning but still nothing about shipping for tomorrow yet :(

Just got on to O2 on Twitter in order to clarify tomorrow's orders. They told me that if an order is dispatched tomorrow morning it still could be delivered tomorrow. They then apologised for not being able to be more specific and said they'd have more information at 9:00 tomorrow.

So fingers crossed - even though I never knew An Post offered same-day delivery, unless O2 have some contract for days like tomorrow.

Just kicked up an almighty fuss on online chat with a lovely guy on O2. Expressed the frustration over the confusion, over the fact all the other networks were shipping for tomorrow, over the fact some people were told it had shipped etc and that nobody would give concrete information until 9am tomorrow. Told him I was going to refuse the order and take my business somewhere else.

He then told me to hold on and he was able to tell me it had in fact shipped today and would be in store for collection tomorrow for sure.

Just kicked up an almighty fuss on online chat with a lovely guy on O2. Expressed the frustration over the confusion, over the fact all the other networks were shipping for tomorrow, over the fact some people were told it had shipped etc and that nobody would give concrete information until 9am tomorrow. Told him I was going to refuse the order and take my business somewhere else.

He then told me to hold on and he was able to tell me it had in fact shipped today and would be in store for collection tomorrow for sure.

By the sounds of it the only way to get a straight answer out of O2 it to say your taking your business elsewhere - which is fairly concerning I'm only to switching to them this week when the iPhone arrives.

Might try my hand on the live chat there to see what they'll tell me. Don't know why there being so ambiguous about the whole thing. Incredibly annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

dutopia wrote: »
    Ordered from Vodafone at 11am this morning but still nothing about shipping for tomorrow yet :(

Well I ordered at 9.30am and still nothing. Status actually went from processing to preparing to ship back to processing.

Not looking good but half hoping they're doing the Dublin ones later.

• Advertisement

ogruairi wrote: »
    By the sounds of it the only way to get a straight answer out of O2 it to say your taking your business elsewhere - which is fairly concerning I'm only to switching to them this week when the iPhone arrives.

Might try my hand on the live chat there to see what they'll tell me. Don't know why there being so ambiguous about the whole thing. Incredibly annoying.

See how you get on and let us know.

He has since changed his story saying "don't worry etc...it will be definitely sent tomorrow". This was when I asked for a tracking number. He had five lines before promised I would have my phone delivered tomorrow.

I've just asked him for clarification and have also emailed a copy of the transcript to myself. I'm so fed up with the lack of consistency and ambiguity from every member of O2 staff. It's shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

In fairness lads, they said the whole time that it would ship on the 26th.

Complaining about not getting it tomorrow is a bit much. Bonus if it arrives, if it doesn't then you'll get it when you originally expected to when you read it ships on the 26th.

See how you get on and let us know.

He has since changed his story saying "don't worry etc...it will be definitely sent tomorrow". This was when I asked for a tracking number. He had five lines before promised I would have my phone delivered tomorrow.

I've just asked him for clarification and have also emailed a copy of the transcript to myself. I'm so fed up with the lack of consistency and ambiguity from every member of O2 staff. It's shocking!

I pushed him for more information but all he could say was my order was still under review. I sent in all the relevant documentation earlier today and don't know what sort of review they need to conduct, especially one that takes 24 hours!

So he was unable to give me tracking number or anything of the sort. Not impressed with O2.

ogruairi wrote: »
    I pushed him for more information but all he could say was my order was still under review. I sent in all the relevant documentation earlier today and don't know what sort of review they need to conduct, especially one that takes 24 hours!

So he was unable to give me tracking number or anything of the sort. Not impressed with O2.

I don't know anything about O2's processes, but I would hazard a guess that they're not sitting there waiting for your stuff to arrive. It's probably one of the busiest days of the year for them, so expecting them to jump on something within a few hours and have it all ready to ship is a bit much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

I sent the documents at 11 today. Just took pictures of docs and sent them. You have to push them to get what you want. but I think its too late now. So you will have to wait till tomorrow for update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Well I ordered at 9.30am and still nothing. Status actually went from processing to preparing to ship back to processing.

Not looking good but half hoping they're doing the Dublin ones later.

Same thing with me. Delivery address is in Dublin CC so I'm still hopeful.

boreder wrote: »

Complaining about not getting it tomorrow is a bit much. Bonus if it arrives, if it doesn't then you'll get it when you originally expected to when you read it ships on the 26th.

Completely understand and almost agree with this - would have said the same earlier if others hadn't been dispatched especially when it seems that the more you complain and threaten to leave the easier it is to get information from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Yeah but in fairness, when every other operator will have phones available on the 26th or shipped prior for delivery on the 26th, I never really bought O2's insistence that their deliveries would be 3 - 5 days after the 26th. Never seemed to be any plausible reason why this would be the case.

Branoic wrote: »
    Yeah but in fairness, when every other operator will have phones available on the 26th or shipped prior for delivery on the 26th, I never really bought O2's insistence that their deliveries would be 3 - 5 days after the 26th. Never seemed to be any plausible reason why this would be the case.

Besides them stating it a half dozen times during the order process?

I would imagine it was just to cover their asses should they not get all the phones in and out in time, which seems to be the case. Fingers crossed they're all in the An Post vans in the morning.

Besides them stating it a half dozen times during the order process?

I would imagine it was just to cover their asses should they not get all the phones in and out in time, which seems to be the case. Fingers crossed they're all in the An Post vans in the morning.

Yeah I get they've stated it a billion times all over the place but when other networks can deliver tomorrow and confirm it, its frustrating that O2 are either just being awkward or at the very least just covering themselves.

Fingers, legs, toes crossed! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Apple Store offline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Apple Store offline

For the last two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

I got an email and tracking number this evening? Tracking now says its in ballymount, does this mean It should be out for delivery tomorrow or Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

RonBo88 wrote: »
    I got this aswell...

And of course they still debited my bank account for the €549.

Apparently that error message means you will have to wait 10 working days for a refund. I haven't called Customer Care yet, I will give them a call tomorrow.

Of course we're not vodafone customers as yet since the order didn't go through

If you ring 1907 you'll get nowhere , the automatic system won't put you through. it's the 1800 595 595 number you need

Stupid of vodafone to give out the wrong number

Where'd you hear 10 day refund? That's 2 weeks and I won't be happy about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

bazzz wrote: »
    For the last two hours.

back up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

5-7 Business Days delivery for iPhone 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lm01

Currently saying 5-7 days dispatch on the 6 and 6+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

That's ****ing desperate, none in stock for launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

That'll jump to 3-4 weeks very quickly so get on it if you want one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

ShaneU wrote: »
    That's ****ing desperate, none in stock for launch.

If you want one tomorrow Apple store Belfast has all sizes in stock for reservation at the minute but be quick

Advertisement