Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

F34 wrote: »
    Ding ding phone has arrived yay for the postman.

What network and area you in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

dan786 wrote: »
    What network and area you in

o2 in Clonmel.

F34 wrote: »
    o2 in Clonmel.

With o2 my self and very close to An Post depot but still waiting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Preorder with O2 last Friday not shipped yet, will be 1-2 days I'm told

Not sure how some O2 orders are being delivered today?

With o2 my self and very close to An Post depot but still waiting

If they are delivering a lot it prob depends on the route they take. I normally don't get parcel delivery till after 12 so was lucky today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Just got my email from CPW, due in later today.

If I don't have passport or drivers licence, am I screwed? Passport is in any of a number of boxes in a garage(yay moving house) I don't have access to until later this evening, but I've got an Age Card/Birth Cert which I've used elsewhere as ID...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Montiii

Mine has been delivered to my wifes office, I'm however in the UK for work until next week

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

As of 7:08 this morning my parcel is in ballymount and I'm in Stepaside. Can't see how it will get to my local depot for delivery today. Is this standard procedure? Or will they be delivered straight from ballymount? Monday surely? Has anyone had anything definite from O2 as regards delivery today?bive been told 1-2 business days on O2 chat this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Montiii

RedLegend wrote: »
    As of 7:08 this morning my parcel is in ballymount and I'm in Stepaside. Can't see how it will get to my local depot for delivery today. Is this standard procedure? Or will they be delivered straight from ballymount? Monday surely? Has anyone had anything definite from O2 as regards delivery today?bive been told 1-2 business days on O2 chat this morning.

Mine was also in Ballymount this morning, wifes office is about 2 mins from the depot a;ready delivered
    The delivery is direct from Ballymount, so as long as the tracking no. says "On route to customer" you will get it today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Montiii wrote: »
    Mine was also in Ballymount this morning, wifes office is about 2 mins from the depot a;ready delivered
    The delivery is direct from Ballymount, so as long as the tracking no. says "On route to customer" you will get it today

Update at 6 this morning said on route to customer, live 20 minutes away from Ballymount. Still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Montiii wrote: »

Fingers crossed so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Cancelled my UK order as the Irish one is coming at 9-13th dispatch but UK one was a bit more vague, 10th to 17th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I ordered with Meteor (switching to bill pay) and I've literally heard nothing since pre-ordering last Friday. No contact whatsoever and no way of checking the status of the order. My card was charged for the full up front amount though. Was hoping to get it today but looks unlikely. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I hear that the Carphonewarehouse launch didnt happen. They got no stock other than that of preorders so nothing for the shops

godtabh wrote: »
    I hear that the Carphonewarehouse launch didnt happen. They got no stock other than that of preorders so nothing for the shops

The thing that strikes me this year is how the networks were pushing to sell the phone direct or is it just me?

phone4u went bust in Uk as all carriers didnt renew their contracts , obviously to sell them directly. Could CPW be next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Has anyone who registered with Vodafone got a call yet? I had a call at 8.15 this morning from a private number but I cancelled just as it start ringing.

guil wrote: »
    Has anyone who registered with Vodafone got a call yet? I had a call at 8.15 this morning from a private number but I cancelled just as it start ringing.

Heard nothing at all from vodafone so they lost themselves a customer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

phone4u went bust in Uk as all carriers didnt renew their contracts , obviously to sell them directly. Could CPW be next.

The press at the time suggested that CPW could be next. The problem with Phones4U was that they were massively leveraged with debt and couldn't afford to drop their commission prices. CPW may not have that problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Walked in and got my 64GB 6 in O2 Clonmel without any sort preorder. No queue and they seem to have a few available for anyone interested. Although its mostly 16GB. they only had one iPhone plus.

Now to cancel with Carphone Warehouse!

Postman came and went. But normally parcel deliveries are later than normal post. If not O2 is gonna hear alot of stuff today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Wandered into work this morning at 08:40, iPhone waiting for me and all :D Good start to the day, for all Vodafone's failings their ordering process (for me at least) went perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

For those of you who went to the shops, do they all have demo units already?

I have an order from the online Apple Store but just want to confirm I am happy with my choice of size and colour ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

guil wrote: »
    Surely you can ring the card services team to let them know about it.

I told them a few days ago about it and they made note of it but said they still couldn't guarantee it wouldn't be blocked but if it is just ring them and they'll sort it out. It's no problem really, just would like to avoid the hassle of another phone call. It hasn't been rejected yet so I'm taking that as a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

So after being onto O2 again following my hour onto them last night my phone is not being dispatched today, its still in the warehouse, I'll have it late next week. I am so close to leaving them.

What. A. Joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Jofspring wrote: »
    Cancelled my UK order as the Irish one is coming at 9-13th dispatch but UK one was a bit more vague, 10th to 17th.

I did the same thing.

Still no email from Vodafone about shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Bob24 wrote: »
    For those of you who went to the shops, do they all have demo units already?

I have an order from the online Apple Store but just want to confirm I am happy with my choice of size and colour ...

O2 shop had one of the Iphone 6's to play with but no plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

i got a tracking number from O2 Chat this morning and checked it with An Post, shows On Route to Customer from 06:45 this morning. I'm in Arklow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Never mind, it just delivered! iPhone 6+ 64Gb Space Grey. Well done VF.

Advertisement