Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Pre-ordered an upgrade with Three last Friday. Doesn't look like it'll be delivered today - order still says Order Approved.
    There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to how they're allocating to people.
    Colleague beside me just walked into Three store this morning and bought one there as an upgrade. If I knew I could do that, I wouldn't have bothered with the pre-order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Just got my iPhone 6 in the three store in Cork City

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Branoic wrote: »
    i got a tracking number from O2 Chat this morning and checked it with An Post, shows On Route to Customer from 06:45 this morning. I'm in Arklow.
    Same for me and I'm in Dublin. No phone yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

i got a tracking number from O2 Chat this morning and checked it with An Post, shows On Route to Customer from 06:45 this morning. I'm in Arklow.

This morning they said it hasn't been sent for me, even though last night they said it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bjp1967

Got a call from Vodafone yesterday regarding registering my interest in the new iphone, asked the lovely lady what models are available,

"We have the iphone 6 16gb model"

"do you have 64gb or 128gb version?"

"sorry, no we dont"

"do you have the iphone 6 plus in stock?"

"sorry, no we dont"

"do you know when your getting them in?"

"sorry, no I dont"

End of conversation!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Anyone successful in walking into a vodafone store today and getting iphone 6 on upgrade.

Told its only new connections for the limited floor stock they got into today from afew number of vodafone stores in cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Fair play to O2 for once. Delivered this morning 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 upthedubs**

Got my an post tracking no from O2. Rang an post and they said it will definitely be delivered today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I just picked up a 64GB 6 in a Vodafone shop. I was porting from Meteor, and apparently this was music to their ears. If you are porting or a new customer, then stock availability isn't an issue. This is where they make money. If you are an existing customer looking to upgrade, there's a good chance you'll get fobbed off with "stock issues". There's no money in it for them with existing customers. Seems unfair... but true.

Meanwhile, I'm still wondering if Vodafone are going to charge my credit card for a failed attempt at purchasing it directly off them online yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Got my an post tracking no from O2. Rang an post and they said it will definitely be delivered today :)

This is totally at odds to what i've just been told by customer care on 1747.

I ordered last Friday morning. Customer care told me it will be 2-3 days from today. I asked how or why people were getting their phones today before me when I ordered as soon as I got the email. They said these people "could have ordered before" me.

Would be a huge bonus to have it for the weekend but will have to wait I guess! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Won't be getting mine today :( Just got confirmation from Meteor that mine will be with me early next week. Was hoping for today but suppose there's nothing that can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭maticm18

Any iPhone 6 64GB left in Liffey Valley Vodafone store?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

maticm18 wrote: »
    Any iPhone 6 64GB left in Liffey Valley Vodafone store?

2 from what I was just told after ringing Carrickmines looking for the same

Edit: In carphonewarehouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

In fairness to Vodafone. Phone here no probs this morning. Ordered yesterday morning. Class stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I just picked up a 64GB 6 in a Vodafone shop. I was porting from Meteor, and apparently this was music to their ears. If you are porting or a new customer, then stock availability isn't an issue. This is where they make money. If you are an existing customer looking to upgrade, there's a good chance you'll get fobbed off with "stock issues". There's no money in it for them with existing customers. Seems unfair... but true.

Meanwhile, I'm still wondering if Vodafone are going to charge my credit card for a failed attempt at purchasing it directly off them online yesterday.

They charged me for a failed attempt

Went into the store this morning. €349 for a 6 plus porting from meteor Bill pay. They wanted €250 security deposit so i told them to take a hike. €65 a month. Never missed a bill in 2 years

Upgraded with meteor and no deposit. Phone is €50 cheaper and plan is same, €55 a month

Vodafone have better coverage but feck me if I'm remortgaging my house to go to vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Delivered to store an hour ago, just picked up there. Yay!

Delivered to store an hour ago, just picked up there. Yay!

Very jealous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

They charged me for a failed attempt

Went into the store this morning. €349 for a 6 plus porting from meteor Bill pay. They wanted €250 security deposit so i told them to take a hike. €65 a month. Never missed a bill in 2 years

Upgraded with meteor and no deposit. Phone is €50 cheaper and plan is same, €55 a month

Vodafone have better coverage but feck me if I'm remortgaging my house to go to vodafone

I got the "security deposit" problem in the store today too, but the sales guy in the shop worked around it. Basically it's due to the number of years you specify you've been in your current address / current job. If either of those are short or look suspiciously fictitious, then their system flags up this security deposit requirement.

It is most probably why we both failed to get our online orders through yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Bob24 wrote: »
    For those of you who went to the shops, do they all have demo units already?

I have an order from the online Apple Store but just want to confirm I am happy with my choice of size and colour ...

Answering my own question in case anyone's interested: O2 and Three on Grafton Street have both the 6 and the 6 Plus on display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

On my way home with my Meteor iPhone 6 16GB Space Gray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I got 13 Oct, 2014 - 15 Oct, 2014 by Express Shipping from apple store on a 64 grey at 9.00am this morning.

Anyone get a different date?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 happinessfr

I got 13 Oct, 2014 - 15 Oct, 2014 by Express Shipping from apple store on a 64 grey at 9.00am this morning.

Ordered one at 7am and it said the same delivery date as yours.

If you try it now on the apple store now it still reflects the same delivery date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Regular 6 or Plus?

I ordered a 6 64GB space grey at 8AM and got the same: Delivers: 13 Oct, 2014 - 15 Oct, 2014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Cancelled my order & got it today in Three!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Got one in grafting street just now. 64gb on eMobile

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

I thought I was chancing my arm going into a few stores today to see if they had stock (Dublin). To my surprise there seemed to be loads of availability (especially the 16gb models) and most of the stores seemed pretty devoid of customers. Just picked one up in Liffey Valley there and got €50 off the handset price for porting to Meteor. There was tumbleweed in the Three stores if anybody is REALLY stuck for an iphone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

godtabh wrote: »
    Got one in grafting street just now. 64gb on eMobile

What tariff did you get it on?

What tariff did you get it on?

The eircom discount plan

Anyone get an O2 dispatch email today? Still waiting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Tommy coco

I just pick up my order from cpw.lol

Advertisement