Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Bob24 wrote: »
    Regular 6 or Plus?

I ordered a 6 64GB space grey at 8AM and got the same: Delivers: 13 Oct, 2014 - 15 Oct, 2014

Got the following, ordered just after midnight last night!:

Delivers 10-14 Oct: 16gb space grey

I'm hoping I'll actually receive it a bit earlier than this!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I thought I was chancing my arm going into a few stores today to see if they had stock (Dublin). To my surprise there seemed to be loads of availability (especially the 16gb models) and most of the stores seemed pretty devoid of customers. Just picked one up in Liffey Valley there and got €50 off the handset price for porting to Meteor. There was tumbleweed in the Three stores if anybody is REALLY stuck for an iphone.

Some on Henry Street - seemed to be a distinct lack of buzz compared to previous launch days. I guess there's more competition nowadays plus I'd say a lot of the hardcore fanbois have already made the trip to Belfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

when i ordered off the apple site last night it told me delivered 10th of october...just got a text informing me it will be delivered 30th of sept :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

picked up my ip6 space gray this morn. love it.
    the bigger screen is fab :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Gekko wrote: »
    Got the following, ordered just after midnight last night!:

Delivers 10-14 Oct: 16gb space grey

I'm hoping I'll actually receive it a bit earlier than this!!

Certainly hoping for this as well :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

when i ordered off the apple site last night it told me delivered 10th of october...just got a text informing me it will be delivered 30th of sept :)

Wonder if I order now would there be a chance of something similar happening :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Lucky S.O.B. Jealous! Out of curiosity, was it a 6/6+?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

digitaldr wrote: »
    Some on Henry Street - seemed to be a distinct lack of buzz compared to previous launch days. I guess there's more competition nowadays plus I'd say a lot of the hardcore fanbois have already made the trip to Belfast.

Nah, I'd say more people are clued in and upgrading online too as you get better deals online nowadays with cheaper tariffs and/or increased data as per the meteor online plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Got a dispatch email from eMobile tonight.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

is any retail outlet selling them SIM free (apart from the Apple Store in Belfast) ?

Could cancel my apple store order and go and pick one up straight away...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

What version did you order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

I ordered a leather case at the same time as my new iph6 from Apple.ie and got the 10th delivery and ten got a text last night to say the case had shipped , are you sure it wasn't just an accessory shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zenit

Is it normal for Apple to have an Irish launch without having stock on hand? I ordered at a couple of minutes past midnight on the 26th and have a delivery date of the 8th Oct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

zenit wrote: »
    Is it normal for Apple to have an Irish launch without having stock on hand? I ordered at a couple of minutes past midnight on the 26th and have a delivery date of the 8th Oct.

Yes. I actually expected a 3-4 week wait from the outset like I have experienced in the past so I was surprised i got a 5-7 day wait when I ordered mine just before 1am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

zenit wrote: »

Yeah it's really annoying that you have to wait so long when buying straight from the company. Saw a bloke in Liffey valley with a 6 box in his hand. Was really jelly looking at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Yeah it's really annoying that you have to wait so long when buying straight from the company. Saw a bloke in Liffey valley with a 6 box in his hand. Was really jelly looking at him.

I pre-ordered mine from Meteor the minute it went live on their site. Still haven't gotten mine until next week. It'll be a little bit earlier but a lot more hassle for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

I see dates are starting to slip, glad i ordered straight away. Dispatches in 3 - 4 weeks
    Delivers: 31 Oct, 2014 - 06 Nov, 2014 by Standard Shipping

martin_g wrote: »
    I see dates are starting to slip, glad i ordered straight away. Dispatches in 3 - 4 weeks
    Delivers: 31 Oct, 2014 - 06 Nov, 2014 by Standard Shipping

What date did you get?

14th-16th Oct as got insurance with it and you? iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB Silver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Buying my 1st iphone this year want to go prepay and was wondering should i go with 02 / 3 or apple.ie, will there be stock instores here and is it better to get the sim free version from apple for the extra €50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

*fingers toes legs arms eyes crossed* that I have a phone tomorrow! Here's hoping!

Ordered online last night, delivery 14-16th October. 6 64gb Space Grey

*fingers toes legs arms eyes crossed* that I have a phone tomorrow! Here's hoping!

Lucky Duck!

Aodhagan wrote: »

Not bad says 3-4 weeks for dispatch now )-:

Got the same on Friday 9 am. Hoping for an email from apple tomorrow to say different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

godtabh wrote: »
    The eircom discount plan

how much was the handset ?

Got the same on Friday 9 am. Hoping for an email from apple tomorrow to say different.

I'm so impatient. I know if I wait a month or maybe more I can get it for significantly less but I can't hold out any longer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Buying my 1st iphone this year want to go prepay and was wondering should i go with 02 / 3 or apple.ie, will there be stock instores here and is it better to get the sim free version from apple for the extra €50

SIM free all the way.
    I'm so impatient. I know if I wait a month or maybe more I can get it for significantly less but I can't hold out any longer :D

I doubt you'll see much of a price drop until the 6S is announced.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

gearoidol wrote: »
    I ordered a leather case at the same time as my new iph6 from Apple.ie and got the 10th delivery and ten got a text last night to say the case had shipped , are you sure it wasn't just an accessory shipped

you could be right...the text message said the order was being shipped so maybe its just the other bits and pieces i ordered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

kaizersoze wrote: »
    SIM free all the way.
    If I'm going on 02 anyway is there any point spending the extra, and cant they be unlocked later?

Advertisement