Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    If I'm going on 02 anyway is there any point spending the extra, and cant they be unlocked later?

I would also skip O2 and go sim fee directly form Apple.

2 reasons:
    - you never now if they won't be annoying with you to unlock it ... If they are you'll be regretting not to have bough sim free.
    - don't know o2's exact rules for unlocking but I guess at least you need to wait for a few months. It means you're locked in with them during that time (or whatever happens to them and their tariffs when Three really steps in - and three will have no interest in marking O2's offers competitive). Also if by chance you go abroad and want to buy a local simcard, you won't be able to.

These compromises might be acceptable for people getting a contract and a heavily subsidised phone - but on prepay I would not thing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Knockieranlady

Stephen, any idea when we are likely to get our phones. I ordered 64gb space grey on fri 19th. Would it have been any better with other colours? I didn't care about colour as I'll be keeping it in a case. Rep suggested space grey would be best, didn't say it would be the one in short supply. I am a new customer moving from vodafone. Starting to regret my decision now, I was due upgrade on vodafone and they seemed to have shipped without problems

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Knockieranlady

Sorry , my post should have been on Three forum page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

64gb 6 Plus in Space Grey getting delivered from O2 to me this morning.

Ordered Friday 19th around 10am over the phone.

ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER
    DUBLIN PARCEL CENTRE, BALLYMOUNT RD, DUBLIN 12
    29-Sep-14
    05:39

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

how much was the handset ?

€300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

Finally found out today after ringing the O2 Dispatch Office that my phone never came in. In fact no 128GB preorders came in despite so many O2 reps telling us that it had come in and was on the way.

Furious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Pre-ordered with Meteor on the 19th and they just told me my phone hasn't even left their warehouse yet. Really annoyed, to the point I'd like to cancel and order direct from Apple. What's the point in the pre-order If the phone doesn't arrive until 5 days later? Really bad service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Finally found out today after ringing the O2 Dispatch Office that my phone never came in. In fact no 128GB preorders came in despite so many O2 reps telling us that it had come in and was on the way.

Furious.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

DubDJ wrote: »
    Pre-ordered with Meteor on the 19th and they just told me my phone hasn't even left their warehouse yet. Really annoyed, to the point I'd like to cancel and order direct from Apple. What's the point in the pre-order If the phone doesn't arrive until 5 days later? Really bad service.

Why not go into a Meteor/3/Vodafone/whatever store and pick one up? I'd be surprised if there wasn't a few in stock in most stores.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Why not go into a Meteor/3/Vodafone/whatever store and pick one up? I'd be surprised if there wasn't a few in stock in most stores.

I could of done that, I pre-ordered assuming all stock would be sold out. I could of easily walked in on Friday and walked out with the iPhone I wanted. But instead I had to go through a worse process online and I'm still left waiting. It's my first time going bill pay so I didn't know what to expect.

I complained about it but they haven't even replied. They've still got the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Myself and the wife's (Space Grey 64gb 6 plus and Gold 16gb 6) arrived this morning. Dying to get home now...

I ordered on preorder launch day, and she ordered the following wednesday, both with O2.

All kicking off on the O2 Online Community. They have no phones left in stock, even for those who bothered to preorder.

Absolutely disgraceful. The lies of O2 have gone on too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

All kicking off on the O2 Online Community. They have no phones left in stock, even for those who bothered to preorder.

Absolutely disgraceful. The lies of O2 have gone on too long.

Have a look at the Three forum. Reps keep saying everyone is in a queue and phones are going in priority as stock allows.
    One guy says he ordered two identical phones the same day, hours apart. The second phone came on launch day. Still waiting for the first phone. Reps aren't touching it with a barge pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Well anyone get good news yet? Like there iPhone has shipped, i would say it'll be Wed / Thurs before we see any movement.

Honestly can't believe my iPhone still hasn't shipped. I literally ordered the minute the pre-order went live with Meteor. I'm getting no reply from customer service and when I rang they just said email again. I got replays right up until I said I wasn't happy. All emails after that have been ignored.

Any of the O2 people that had their phone delivered on Friday - was the email you got with tracking info direct from O2 or from An Post? I got a mysterious An Post tracking email this evening but no idea what the item is and no indication! Just saying your delivery is on the way and I track it to Portlaoise at the moment en route to me.

I'm almost 100% sure its not the phone but then stranger things have happened.

While I certainly blame the networks for their bad handling, the responsibility of phones comes down to Apple really. I think maybe they launched too early in the other countries after first round of release - maybe should have waited until say this Friday or the next to allow some extra stock all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Any of the O2 people that had their phone delivered on Friday - was the email you got with tracking info direct from O2 or from An Post? I got a mysterious An Post tracking email this evening but no idea what the item is and no indication! Just saying your delivery is on the way and I track it to Portlaoise at the moment en route to me.

I'm almost 100% sure its not the phone but then stranger things have happened.

While I certainly blame the networks for their bad handling, the responsibility of phones comes down to Apple really. I think maybe they launched too early in the other countries after first round of release - maybe should have waited until say this Friday or the next to allow some extra stock all over.

I got an email from the o2 online shop team with tracking details.

F34 wrote: »
    I got an email from the o2 online shop team with tracking details.

Ah so that throws that theory out the window. Must be something else. The saga continues...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Paulie1987

Does anybody know when the networks (I know O2 already have) will put the iPhone 6 on pay as you go?..how long after release was the 5s available on prepay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone regretting buying a 6 or 6+? CEX are offering more than cost price for them

16gb - €733
    64gb - €814
    128gb - €899
    6+
    16gb - €838
    64gb - €944
    128gb - €1049

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Anyone regretting buying a 6 or 6+? CEX are offering more than cost price for them

16gb - €733
    64gb - €814
    128gb - €899
    6+
    16gb - €838
    64gb - €944
    128gb - €1049

Those aren't the correct prices. Just checked the 6 16GB/64GB and they're offering a fair bit less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

DubDJ wrote: »
    Those aren't the correct prices. Just checked the 6 16GB/64GB and they're offering a fair bit less.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SAPPI616GGRUNLA#.VCm5ivldWxw

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SAPPI664GGRUNLA#.VCm5YPldWxw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Feels like the 8th Oct - 10th Oct will never get here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Did you order the 6 or the plus? Ordering one tomorrow off Apple but not sure what to get. In favour of the 6 at the moment cause I think the plus is just too big for me. And itll take 2 weeks longer to ship ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

stuba wrote: »
    Did you order the 6 or the plus? Ordering one tomorrow off Apple but not sure what to get. In favour of the 6 at the moment cause I think the plus is just too big for me. And itll take 2 weeks longer to ship ha
    Space grey 6 plus 64gb, saw it in the flesh for the first time yesterday and it does look bigger than i expected, but im glad i chose it and say ill get used to it pretty quick

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Where did you order it from?

Directly from apple as soon as it was released last week

• Advertisement

Speaking to a friend of a friend who works for O2 just there and apparently Apple had promised them an allocation of iPhones which is why they sold them in preorder but when it came down to being delivered, they didn't get the allocation they were promised hence why so many people didn't get their phones. Apple also cannot give them any indication of when the next delivery might be or even what it will contain! Would have been better off just buying it on the Apple website last week!

Advertisement