Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Ahh balls, its changed to 3-4 weeks dispatch time but I'd say I will be getting the 6 anyway which is still only 7-10 days so heres hoping it doesnt change by tomorrow evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Can anyone explain : Dispatched: 5-7 business days
    Delivers: 13 Oct, 2014 - 15 Oct, 2014

5-7 days would make a lot less than the 13th.

Ordered 9am Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

Can anyone explain : Dispatched: 5-7 business days
    Delivers: 13 Oct, 2014 - 15 Oct, 2014

5-7 days would make a lot less than the 13th.

Ordered 9am Friday.

7 business days would be dispatching on the 7th. Allow 3-4 days for delivery would have it there on the 13th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'm absolutely furious now, after pre-ordering at exactly 9am on Friday the 19th from Meteor they've just now told me, after repeated emails that the iPhone I ordered wasn't in stock. They just said they're waiting on stock from Apple, after being told Friday it was shipped, and yesterday it was in their warehouse. It was a standard 64GB iPhone 6 so there was plenty of stock. Sure people were able to walk into the store on Friday and picked one up.

Can't believe how messed around I've been, Anybody know where I stand when it comes to cancellation? Also what the time would be to refund the money?

Edit: Just cancelled my order. Don't know whether to try pick one up in store or to order direct from Apple. I'll be waiting about three weeks from Apple now my the looks of the delivery estimate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

My visa debit card has the €799 card authorisation on it but doesn't deliver until 14-16th Oct. Is this normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Anybody who ordered from O2 getting delivery? Think they are having issues with stock...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

Anybody who ordered from O2 getting delivery? Think they are having issues with stock...

They don't have any phones. There's murder over it all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭gorevs

Aodhagan wrote: »
    My visa debit card has the €799 card authorisation on it but doesn't deliver until 14-16th Oct. Is this normal?

Yeah. That's normal for them with a debit card. My case just arrived via ups- was ordered with the phone via apple online. Delivery man said he's delivered a lot of small packages today from apple. Hopefully early delivery of cases a positive sign re delivery dates for phone! Having said that the initial wait times on the phone when ordered online were they shortest they've ever been in ireland. Previous new models were always 4 weeks plus the instant they went on line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

gorevs wrote: »
    Yeah. That's normal for them with a debit card. My case just arrived via ups- was ordered with the phone via apple online. Delivery man said he's delivered a lot of small packages today from apple. Hopefully early delivery of cases a positive sign re delivery dates for phone! Having said that the initial wait times on the phone when ordered online were they shortest they've ever been in ireland. Previous new models were always 4 weeks plus the instant they went on line

Strange I have a delivery date of 13th-15th and nothing on my visa debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

DubDJ wrote: »
    I'm absolutely furious now, after pre-ordering at exactly 9am on Friday the 19th from Meteor they've just now told me, after repeated emails that the iPhone I ordered wasn't in stock. They just said they're waiting on stock from Apple, after being told Friday it was shipped, and yesterday it was in their warehouse. It was a standard 64GB iPhone 6 so there was plenty of stock. Sure people were able to walk into the store on Friday and picked one up.

Can't believe how messed around I've been, Anybody know where I stand when it comes to cancellation? Also what the time would be to refund the money?

Edit: Just cancelled my order. Don't know whether to try pick one up in store or to order direct from Apple. I'll be waiting about three weeks from Apple now my the looks of the delivery estimate.

Just wait until about five past midnight every night and reserve one in the Belfast store . Always plenty of stock of both types.

• Advertisement

Talking to O2 dispatch earlier for anyone waiting. They have no association with O2. O2 send them the orders and they dispatch them as they come in. He told me that the preorder had been a mess.

They're expecting a delivery tomorrow and will be dispatched straight away. Said I should hopefully have my phone on Thursday or Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Ordered on launch night straight after 12 and nothing taken off my visa debit yet either, could bank be blocking it?

Just wait until about five past midnight every night and reserve one in the Belfast store . Always plenty of stock of both types.

I'm not interested in travelling up tbh. At this stage I already missed the Irish launch date, which is one reason I went bill pay. I'm not bothered with the wait anymore. Gonna order tomorrow, have to sort out financials first thanks to the crappy Meteor service.

Simply Red wrote: »
    Ordered on launch night straight after 12 and nothing taken off my visa debit yet either, could bank be blocking it?

I *think* they only charge the credit/debit card when a phone is assigned to your order (i.e. just before shipping) - but then I can't explain why someone's card would have been charged.

In regards to charges, from my order of both the 4 and 5 with debit cards they charge a holding fee (full iPhone price) and then refund it until the iPhone actually ships. That's what's happened to me in the past. But credit cards don't seem to be charged, and show no mention of Apple until after the iPhone actually ships.

It could have changed but that's usually the way they do things, maybe they've changed things now though.

DubDJ wrote: »
    In regards to charges, from my order of both the 4 and 5 with debit cards they charge a holding fee (full iPhone price) and then refund it until the iPhone actually ships. That's what's happened to me in the past. But credit cards don't seem to be charged, and show no mention of Apple until after the iPhone actually ships.

It could have changed but that's usually the way they do things, maybe they've changed things now though.
    That would make sense, up until today the price of the iphone was showing as not being available to me in my account although not actually gone. Today my full balance is available to me which suggests theyve refunded it as you say, cheers

Just ordered an iPhone 6 64Gb Space Grey from the Apple Online Store. Shipping date quoted as October 17th-22nd. Going by previous orders I'd imagine I'll have the phone by the 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭EmmetOT

Given that they apparently don't really charge your debit card until the phone has been shipped, is it possible for me to order the phone, then cancel the order for no charge if I manage to find a phone elsewhere? (I'm in France atm, might be able to buy an unlocked iPhone in a store.)

EmmetOT wrote: »
    Given that they apparently don't really charge your debit card until the phone has been shipped, is it possible for me to order the phone, then cancel the order for no charge if I manage to find a phone elsewhere? (I'm in France atm, might be able to buy an unlocked iPhone in a store.)

Yes should be possible. I had an order pending for a week on the UK store and cancelled it on the irish release date as the delivery date was more or less the same ordering from the irish store.

Note that in France the price will be slightly higher due to a copyright related tax on devices which can play multimedia content, and you will have a charger for continental european sockets (neither is a big deal).

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭EmmetOT

Oh, no, I plan on buying it on the Irish store.

The French store doesn't have enough space for my whole address, and requires a French number. (That's why I'm trying to buy a phone...)

Anyway, thanks!

• Advertisement

O2 received a delivery of phones this evening. Expect the online store to update tonight or in the morning.

Those who are still awaiting preorders should have them tomorrow/Friday.

From O2 Dispatch office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

The lack of information from O2 is incredible

The lack of information from O2 is incredible

The online reps are awfully poor. I've got most of my info from ringing Dispatch who have no relation to O2 except for the fact they dispatch the phones. Robert and Patrick (or Michael can't remember) are very helpful. They're 1850 22 20 20. Also I found Michael and Gina who I got through to on 1909 (option 2, option 5 and star) very helpful today.

I got a text this evening to say my phone would be delivered tomorrow, although when I phoned and spoke to Gina she said it would actually be Friday. I wasn't meant to get that text until tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone pre-ordered with carphone warehouse and still not gotten them? I'm still waiting on mine...the 6 plus btw

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Ya still awaiting CPW to provide a phone. I spoke to a guy in the shop yesterday he told me to order with Vodaphone as no chance with Meteor. Starting to think about canceling order and just wait awhile.

Has anyone who ordered from Apple saw anything other that 'processing order yet'?
    Nearly a week now since ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Has anyone who ordered from Apple saw anything other that 'processing order yet'?

Still the same for me as well processing order. I was hoping to get this week but not looking likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Nope. Pretty dissappointed to be honest.

jaykay2 wrote: »
    Nope. Pretty dissappointed to be honest.

Same here. And looks like another 2 week wait.
    Heading north when a grey 64 shows up.

• Advertisement

Still the same for me too

Advertisement