Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Yes €50 refundable deposit with CPW
    Thanks - do you mean refundable even if you don't follow through, or that the €50 is refunded when you collect?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Amazing. I queued last time and luckily got what I wanted but had to take a day off work to sleep!! This could be a better option.

O2 doing preorder from tomorrow online also.

Where did you see O2 doing preorders tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

RedLegend wrote: »
    Where did you see O2 doing preorders tomorrow?

I asked the online chat advisor on their website. He wasn't sure what time but said there would be an email sent tomorrow for preorders tomorrow. Only post preorders though.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Sent by post? Last time I preordered through O2 online, I didn't get my phone till the Tuesday after iPhones were released.

To anyone who's upgrading online with O2 make sure to register 1st with priority moments and you get 20% off cost of your upgrade online. With these new iPhones looking highly likely to be most expensive iPhones yet this could amount to a decent saving.

Anyone else able to preorder with earphone?!

Just preordered the 6+ there on Carphone! Hopefully they'll have enough of the model I want - 128GB in grey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Trying now but its saying Collect and reserve not available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Anyone else able to preorder with carphone?!

Nah,was going to but they didn't offer a sim free or PAYG option.

Just looking at the CPW reservation system now. I see there's no way of choosing what size (GB) phone you want which makes me sceptical of how effective a reservation this really is. That and:
    Phones will be reserved for your collection in store, subject to availability.

I think I'll chance my arm turning up early at a VF store.

Yeah its not very clear at all. On one page it says collect in store, but when you checkout it says collect and reserve not available. Also as Dades says, no choice of sizes or colour yet. Not sure if I will bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I put in an order its refundable if I want to cancel so may as well.

Will be interesting to see what Meteor's system will be like in the morning.

• Advertisement

As I was going through the preorder process it said I had an account already which I had forgotten and it all came back to me from a preorder for the iPhone 5 two years ago.

You pay the €50 deposit. They ring you the day before-ish and you tell them what you want and if its available its reserved. If its not available you get a refund of your €50. Last time I preordered a few hours after the link had gone live and at the time wanted a 64GB black phone. It wasn't available so I got my refund and went in and queued at O2 on Grafton Street and got the phone that way.

I'm only preordering with CPW in the hopes they'll have what I want (128GB Grey) so I don't have to spend all night in the queue. I'm willing to but this way hopefully I get the phone on release day AND extra sleep!

Went ahead and ordered as the deposit is refundable anyway so will see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

so is it on general release next fri 26 th ?

eirlink wrote: »
    so is it on general release next fri 26 th ?

Yup :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

super. need to find a shop where i can perorder or set up camp :eek:

Harcrid wrote: »
    Went ahead and ordered as the deposit is refundable anyway so will see how it goes.

Yeah, in theory, it should be a good option.

I just cheekily emailed CPW to ask where in the first-come first-served list I was! No doubt they won't tell me but worth a shot. Also asked when they expect to know.

If O2 and Meteor are both doing preorders tomorrow, its possible they'll have prices for the different models. HOPEFULLY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Ordered mine through CPW, you pay the deposit then they call you to ask what you want. You can choose the carrier on the site when you order..

Hoping for a silver or grey 128GB plus.

Baba woke me up tonight so reading this again went for it and ordered. If someone calls me and guarantees me a 64GB I'll go with these lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭boardzz

Just a little idea as to how cpw works. Stores have no clue what stock they are getting as it's up to each network as to what they give to cpw.
    The store only finds out on the morning when they receive their deliveries.
    They then ring people on the preorder list to tell them it's in.
    If the phone doesn't come in you could be a long time waiting for cpw to phone you.

Hurrumph. That doesn't sound too safe.

I assume when someone calls you that you can cancel either way? Would prefer not to be waiting on a call in the morning and being pro-active instead.

• Advertisement

O2 now taking pre orders. No 64GB 6 Plus left to order :(

Tried to preorder with O2 this morning. Wanted 128gb plus grey. Had one in stock and went through motions. Put in cc details and pressed buy and went back to the home page.

To say I'm fumed would be an understatement!

Had a look at O2 pre-order but it says 2-4 days delivery to store and I was hoping to get it on Friday as I am on holidays the week after. Think I will stick with CPW order for now.

Meteor's pre-order is live and only 6 plus available to pre-order is the 16gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

No pre-order from vodafone? I'm stuck with them (staff/friends plan :cool:). Looking at handset price on o2 - seems pricey. Meteor website seems cheaper, but my god is the website slow.

Has anyone managed to get definitive prices?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I didnt see any options of what phone to chose on Metoer. Just a €59 price plan (no thanks)

Seeing it now

godtabh wrote: »
    I didnt see any options of what phone to chose on Metoer. Just a €59 price plan (no thanks)

They have 16gb 6 plus and 16 and 64gb 6 to order their prices look better than o2 who as usual are fairly pricy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

Just called 3 upgrade team & they will be accepting pre orders later on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 upthedubs**

Any prepay prices for meteor? Can't see any...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

O2 only start shipping on Friday, and say it can take up to 5 days.

Seems a bit silly. Especially if Meteor can get it to you on Friday.

Advertisement