Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

No change for me it's still preparing for shipment)-:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

We won't get charged custom fees for this right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

ShaneU wrote: »

Don't think so. I got the iPhone 5s last year from apple and didn't get charged by Customs.

No Shane u won't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Of course not :-)

It doesn't matter where the phone comes from, you are buying from Apple Ireland which is taking care of all import duties and collective VAT.
    Custom duties would be due if you were importing the phone youself (ie buying it from an entity which is not based in the EU and not paying these duties on your behalf)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Archie78

Mines still preparing for dispatch ( delivers 8-10 October ) No money taken from my card as yet - Gold 6+ 64GB ..... Hurry up Apple and dispatch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,669 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm preparing for Dispatch as well. Thought it might go for delivery over the weekend. I'm 10-14 Oct for delivery

its a pain in the arse the way the online store had no actual devices to ship once ordered. I know the shops had them in small supply but I would have thought the Apple store should have had some ready for dispatch :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

martin_g wrote: »
    Most likely orders will ship from China direct to us )-: this is the case in the USA and hence the long delivery dates, but I am open to correction on this.

No, they ship in bulk in to Europe where they are customer cleared, and then the pallets are split out to the carrier for delivery.

Anybody else get dispatched messages and emails?

• Advertisement

Nope - strange how long it takes to have the order prepared for dispatch... I wonder if orders are dispatched over weekends or is it just weekdays - hence longer deliveries

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Still waiting for dispatch. I ordered as soon as the ie store went live last week, got the email confirmation at 00.08 on Friday. 64GB 6 Black.

I have to keep reminding myself that it's not the end of the world, but it's damn frustrating waiting when other orders are going out!

Still waiting for dispatch. I ordered as soon as the ie store went live last week, got the email confirmation at 00.08 on Friday. 64GB 6 Black.

I have to keep reminding myself that it's not the end of the world, but it's damn frustrating waiting when other orders are going out!

Looks like 6 Plus shipments are a few hours ahead ...

My 64GB 6 Black is also still preparing foe shipment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Bob24 wrote: »

Do you mean space grey?

My64 gb 6+ in Gold is still preparing for sispatch - nothing has changed in 24hrs :(

My 64 gb 6PLUS in Gold is still preparing for dispatch - nothing has changed in 24hrs :( ... may have a shortage in specific colours now too

My 128 Gig Plus Silver still waiting for dispatch also )-:

Do you mean space grey?

yep ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Michael8000

finno wrote: »
    You sure it wasn't 128gb you ordered cause they didn't have 64gb yesterday only 128gb

Hey

Definately 64gb. Sending this reply from it now.

Lads think where outa luck gonna be next week before we ship )-:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I only got my order in on the 1st of October. iPhone 6 64GB and it's just changed to preparing for dispatch. Delighted would be an understatement. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

64gb 6 plus space grey still waiting to be dispatched too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Ordered silver 16GB plus on meteor upgrade Friday morning. Phone is in the depot for collection for me in the morning as I wasn't home today. It's earlier than meteors initial estimate of Wednesday which they gave me Tuesday gone

Will apple ship on a saturday or will we be waiting til monday now for them to be sent?

We will be waiting till Monday I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

What date did ye order lads? And did it take long to go from preparing from dispatched to actually being dispatched?

We will be waiting till Monday I would say.
    Boo-urns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

6 grey 64 still preparing.
    Feck sake.

I ordered 26th as soon as was available, only went to preparing for shipment on Thursday afternoon so a week, but no shipping yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I ordered 26th as soon as was available, only went to preparing for shipment on Thursday afternoon so a week, but no shipping yet.

Same here.

Advertisement