Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I need to get a new hobby. This compulsion to check this thread and my order status is like watching a kettle boil on Christmas eve. Sad I know but I'm happy ha ha

So has anyone who ordered a space grey 64gb 6 got there's shipped yet? I'm waiting to be dispatched since Friday. Ordered about 12:30 they morning they went on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.
    Space grey 64gb 6

I am guessing this is the most popular model. Hence the delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

Space grey 64gb 6

I am guessing this is the most popular model. Hence the delay.

Ordered as soon as online store went live 64 space grey 6 and still waiting for dispatch

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

I need to get a new hobby. This compulsion to check this thread and my order status is like watching a kettle boil on Christmas eve. Sad I know but I'm happy ha ha

So has anyone who ordered a space grey 64gb 6 got there's shipped yet? I'm waiting to be dispatched since Friday. Ordered about 12:30 they morning they went on sale.

Exact same. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Same as above. 64GB grey order was in at 12.08am on the 26th. "Preparing to dispatch" for the last 90 odd hours, give me a break. Disheartening to see other orders going in days later than mine and still arriving days earlier. First world problems and all, but my patience is wearing very thin at this stage.

do they have any online chat ,rather than ringing them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭needinghelp

Same as above. 64GB grey order was in at 12.08am on the 26th. "Preparing to dispatch" for the last 90 odd hours, give me a break. Disheartening to see other orders going in days later than mine and still arriving days earlier. First world problems and all, but my patience is wearing very thin at this stage.

^^ what they said :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

First world problems and all, but my patience is wearing very thin at this stage.

If you look at it form a rational point of view I would even say spoiled and bored kid's problem to be honest (but I understand your new toy is worth a lot of money and you want it now ;-))

At this stage you don't even know if your order will actually be delivered later. It could be a glitch with the website or a different batch which Apple knows will ship later but arrive earlier for some reason. And in any case it looks like Apple will easily meet the estimate delivery date they gave you when you ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eoin Kavanagh 64

And that is true, ships 5-7 business days delivery 8-10th October. Looks about spot on from where I'm sitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Bob24 wrote: »
    If you look at it form a rational point of view I would even say spoiled and bored kid's problem to be honest (but I understand your new toy is worth a lot of money and you want it now ;-))

At this stage you don't even know if your order will actually be delivered later. It could be a glitch with the website or a different batch which Apple knows will ship later but arrive earlier for some reason. And in any case it looks like Apple will easily meet the estimate delivery date they gave you when you ordered.

"Bored kid" seems a little harsh but yeah I know, I'm inclined to agree.

What really irritates me is how we get the short straw compared to the UK. They already have pre-order and launch day delivery sorted for the north, but if you live 2 miles across the border, the launch day is a week later and there is no supply of stock so we're basically a month behind. The Belfast store gets stock every day, it wouldn't be difficult to have a pallet sent down for the first wave of orders.
    And as someone else pointed out, Apple seem perfectly happy to abuse our tax system nonetheless...

Anyway, the world will keep turning, and we'll all get our expensive toys in due course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Delivery date on the Apple website says the 10th but TNT tracking says the 13th. Which should I trust?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Archie78

Mine was dispatched yesteday too. 64GB Gold Ip6 Plus... Apple stores states delivery of October 10th ( Friday ) but the TNT courier site states Monday 13th October for delivery.... It cant or better not be delayed another weekend...

Brian017 wrote: »
    Delivery date on the Apple website says the 10th but TNT tracking says the 13th. Which should I trust?

Mines the same - only saw your post after I posted mine... I am going by Apple haha... Only because they are generally correct with their estimates or even late - but genreally Apple deliver before their instructed date...... Hope this stays that way and we dont have to wait another weekend before we get the phones

Can anyone explain two things

1. why are we getting the phones delivered from Ups and or TNT and

2. how come my credit card has still not been debited even though my phone is in transit / already dispatched ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Archie78 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain two things

1. why are we getting the phones delivered from Ups and or TNT and

2. how come my credit card has still not been debited even though my phone is in transit / already dispatched ?

My credit card showed it was a pending transaction of €799 for a week then disappeared. Hasn't been taken out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭needinghelp

Mine has updated to dispatched!!!!!

64gb Space Grey 6 ordered 26th @ 1am.

mine as well ,got no notification or anything but store has updated,

del 14th by ups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Same here. No tracking available to the moment.

Wahoo. Mine as well. No txt or email as of yet.

• Advertisement

Courier tracking is later that Apple delivery date... Hope Apple have it right 13th V 10th TNT V Apple.... C'mon Apple win this round haha

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Same here. No tracking available to the moment.

Anyone get apple insurance with there iPhone and if so did they get a tracking number? I have a delivery number but no tracking number and no update since the 3rd. Est delivery date of 16th Oct FFS Apple, 2 weeks to deliver??? All it says is dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bagsofballs

Space grey 64gb 6 just dispatched, delivery 8th. Still no charge on my card, took it initialy when I ordered but back in my account since yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

martin_g wrote: »
    Anyone get apple insurance with there phone and if so did they get a tracking number? I have a delivery number but no tracking number and no update since the 3rd. Est delivery date of 16th Oct FFS Apple, 2 weeks to deliver??? All it says is dispatched.

You mean Apple Care+? If so yes, it ships as a little booklet. UPS delivered my copy.

As to the other question as to why there are multiple transport companies, the answer is simply capacity.

How much is Apple care insurance as is it good - i was thinking of getting gadget insurance costing €7.99 per month... Need to make a decision - whats peoples favoutrite ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Irish Apple store just shipped mine - ordered as soon as it launched online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Also just got dispatch notification - iPhone 6 64GB Space Grey, ordered October 1st. Text, then email to let me know. Tracking number isn't showing anything yet, it will probably update soon. Hope I have it this week. :)

Swines have now updated the Delivery to Oct 13th on Apple site - it was Oct 10th an hour ago...... So annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bagsofballs

Archie78 wrote: »
    Swines have now updated the Delivery to Oct 13th on Apple site - it was Oct 10th an hour ago...... So annoying

My text said 14th, Apple site says 8th, still nothing on UPS but I'd be happy enough if it was here by Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

You mean Apple Care+? If so yes, it ships as a little booklet. UPS delivered my copy.

As to the other question as to why there are multiple transport companies, the answer is simply capacity.

Well I ordered Apple Care+ and Silver iPhone 6 Plus 128 G both to ship together. No tracking number only delivery reference number. No way to track. So why ship both and then merge them? 2 weeks to deliver & by standard post after spending a fortune? Rant over lol. It's a silly set up

Advertisement