Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Ordered 12:30 64gb space grey 6
    Delivery 8th according to Apple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I've an estimated delivery date of the 9th which I'm delighted with. Friday would of been pushing it so glad to have it the day early in case of delay. UPS site now shows the label has been created. Looking good for getting it this week. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭giveth

Just a warning to Parcel Motel users....
    UPS refused to deliver mine (Purchased from Apple Ireland site) to Parcel Motel, saying that Apple only allow direct deliveries.

Other people on here seemed to get theirs delivered to Parcel Motel, so maybe I was just unlucky. They're going to deliver to my work address tommorrow instead (which is actually much less secure than delivering to Parcel Motel but there ya go)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

DubDJ wrote: »
    I've an estimated delivery date of the 9th which I'm delighted with. Friday would of been pushing it so glad to have it the day early in case of delay. UPS site now shows the label has been created. Looking good for getting it this week. :D

What was your original date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

soundsham wrote: »
    Ordered 12:30 64gb space grey 6
    Delivery 8th according to Apple

I ordered the exact same at 12.07 and have a delivery estimate of the 14th!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

RonanC wrote: »

Luck of the draw maybe ??
    Cork address ??

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

RonanC wrote: »

Same for me. When I ordered, Apple "didn't recognise" the delivery address I gave them, so I'm crossing my fingers that this is the reason, they're giving themselves a wider window to make the delivery. If we're all part of the same shipment more or less, we'll all likely hit Dublin at the same time surely, at which point it's just a case of the courier getting to your part of the country? Fingers crossed for an earlier delivery either way.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    What was your original date?

October 17th - 23rd. :eek: So the fact I'll probably have it by the 9th is a millions times better. UPS haven't given me the expected delivery date yet though, so it's still all just estimates until they update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

My 64gb gold '6' just delivered at my work. There was no text or email to say it was imminent tho apart from the dispatched email last week.

See yas all next year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Archie78

Simon201 wrote: »
    My 64gb gold '6' just delivered at my work. There was no text or email to say it was imminent tho apart from the dispatched email last week.

See yas all next year!!

Nice - When did you get he3 original dispatched email ?

• Advertisement

October 17th - 23rd. :eek: So the fact I'll probably have it by the 9th is a millions times better. UPS haven't given me the expected delivery date yet though, so it's still all just estimates until they update.

Would you recommend ordering one today? maybe the 7-10 business days is much improved but doesn't reflect it on the site.

See yas all next year!!

Nice - When did you get the original dispatched email ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,669 ✭✭✭squonk

10th. for me and no tracking number yet. I ordered just after 12AM on the 26th. I ordered a 64Gb iPhone 6 Space Grey. I bundled a case with that and I'm now seeing the "Your order has been shipped from multiple places and must be combined" message. I'd hoped Apple were really hedging their bets and that I'd have my phone today but I've settled into thinking the end of the week or early next at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Archie78 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain two things

1. why are we getting the phones delivered from Ups and or TNT and

2. how come my credit card has still not been debited even though my phone is in transit / already dispatched ?

imagine how big the shipments of iPhone's world wide is...

also think of this Apple has to block book a set amount of shipment labels every year (when they release the iPhone) UPS is only so big...

Apple, like to put a hold on the card, then it appears on your statement when it ships. this is better than them taking a huge chunk of change 2 weeks before it actually ships.

Would you recommend ordering one today? maybe the 7-10 business days is much improved but doesn't reflect it on the site.

I originally ordered from Meteor but when they messed me around so I cancelled. I put my order through on October 1st just after 12am, Apple shows September 30th though. It originally had 7-10 business days with the 17th - 23rd estimate. If you order now, you'll most likely get it earlier. Was it you who cancelled before they starting dispatching?

Keep in mind China is about to get the iPhone 6 too so it could delay other countries as the demand is probably going to be huge.

I originally ordered from Meteor but when they messed me around so I cancelled. I put my order through on October 1st just after 12am, Apple shows September 30th though. It originally had 7-10 business days with the 17th - 23rd estimate. If you order now, you'll most likely get it earlier. Was it you who cancelled before they starting dispatching?

Keep in mind China is about to get the iPhone 6 too so it could delay other countries as the demand is probably going to be huge.

Yeah I canceleed it. Original date was 14-16th. Would probably have had it this week. The money still hasn't been released back into my account from the first one. Not sure what to do. Saw it for the first time today in the Three store & the urge to purchase came back

Yeah I canceleed it. Original date was 14-16th. Would probably have had it this week. The money still hasn't been released back into my account from the first one. Not sure what to do. Saw it for the first time today in the Three store & the urge to purchase came back

It's not going to be readily available for a while, the only option would probably be the Apple Store. I half considered not upgrading more than once but everytime I read something or see it I want it again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Received mine at around half past 1. Was home on lunch but ups left it with security. Work in a government building so maybe they weren't as strict re photo id etc.

I had original expected delivery date of 9th to 13th October but received notification of dispatch on 3rd.

Estimated delivery from ups site was tomorrow by end of the day. Ups website didn't even have it that my phone was out for delivery. Just received a notification to say it had delivered.

Very impressive. Have a speck case for it that arrived this morning but am a little worried about trying to put it on. It's a tight squeeze and I'm a little freaked out at all the bending stuff I have read about.

Anyway, hope everyone else gets a pleasant surprise like I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Nice - When did you get he3 original dispatched email ?

Text and email on the 3rd October

jaykay2 wrote: »
    Received mine at around half past 1. Was home on lunch but ups left it with security. Work in a government building so maybe they weren't as strict re photo id etc.

I had original expected delivery date of 9th to 13th October but received notification of dispatch on 3rd.

Estimated delivery from ups site was tomorrow by end of the day. Ups website didn't even have it that my phone was out for delivery. Just received a notification to say it had delivered.

Very impressive. Have a speck case for it that arrived this morning but am a little worried about trying to put it on. It's a tight squeeze and I'm a little freaked out at all the bending stuff I have read about.

Nice Story - mine seems to have gone the other way - Original expected delivery of 8th - 10th now shipping expected date is now the 13th .... Its out for dispatched since 5th. I would love to get it on the 9th but now since the courier company TNT states the 13th I wont hold my breath for delivery this week

• Advertisement

Text and email on the 3rd October

That was super fast to get from a dispatch date of 3rd and delivery of 6th... I hope I ama as lucky but reckon next monday 13th will be my day... Mines was dispactched 5th but given delivery date of 13th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

jaykay2 wrote: »

Where Did you get the Speck case for it? can't seem to find any for the 6 + online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Nice Story - mine seems to have gone the other way - Original expected delivery of 8th - 10th now shipping expected date is now the 13th .... Its out for dispatched since 5th. I would love to get it on the 9th but now since the courier company TNT states the 13th I wont hold my breath for delivery this week

Mine is identical to yours. I'm going to say it will be here next Monday and if it's any earlier than that I'll be happy. If it was ups Id be confident of this week as I've always had orders quick from them. I've never got an order from TNT so won't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

F34 wrote: »
    Where Did you get the Speck case for it? can't seem to find any for the 6 + online.

I got it on amazon.co.uk. Paid something like 35 pounds for it though because they were so scarce. Said I would just go ahead and buy it as I was going to spend 10 or 15 on another temporary case on the meantime. Seems nice. Good quality but it's not a hard case as I thought it was so it won't help with any possible bending problem.

I'm pretty careful with my electronics but I can't help but be nervous. Will buy AppleCare anyway.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Mine is identical to yours. I'm going to say it will be here next Monday and if it's any earlier than that I'll be happy. If it was ups Id be confident of this week as I've always had orders quick from them. I've never got an order from TNT so won't hold my breath.

Will just have to see.... Looks like our phones will be on the same plane over... I hope its a fairly direct flight but somehow I assume a lot of stops to offloads iphones on the way so dont expect an early delivery :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,669 ✭✭✭squonk

Mine has changed to "In Transit to Customer - Shipment delayed" now. No tracking info or anything so far. Estimated delivery is still the 14th. Hoping I'll have it before then. I'll be a bit happier once I get a tracking number tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Will just have to see.... Looks like our phones will be on the same plane over... I hope its a fairly direct flight but somehow I assume a lot of stops to offloads iphones on the way so dont expect an early delivery :(

In transit to customer - shipment delayed- well I am a happy camper! Not 😡

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭needinghelp

My email has an est delivery of 14/10 but apple.com says 8/10.
    Don't have an est. yet from UPS.

It all seems a bit up in the air. Just glad it's on the way now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Everyone getting their delivery details, meanwhile im waiting for Carphone Warehouse to contact me :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I've a couple of space grey iPhone 6 (although they're not for me) that have just left Shenzhen, coming with UPS.

Delivery date saying Thursday at the moment on the UPS tracking. Happy enough with that.

I ordered around midday on Sept 26.

Advertisement