Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

deep1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know, how long will it take if I order today? Online it says 7/10 business days, any hope to get earlier.

If you order today you'll probably have it in 2 weeks. It'll ship next week but come from China using an economy service from UPS/TNT/Fedex/etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

TNT :mad:

Theyll prob go and update that its in dublin now and all will be good again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭squonk

Still showing Order Delayed for me. Hopefully things will change today. Seeing as lots here who ordered just a phone are getting deliveries I'd imagine my phone must be on it's way to Apple UK or wherever the case can be attached to the order. If that's the case then it should only be a day or two afterwards for a European delivery. Fingers crossed. I'm normally pretty cool headed but it's becoming frustrating now!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Bob24 wrote: »
    If you order today you'll probably have it in 2 weeks. It'll ship next week but come from China using an economy service from UPS/TNT/Fedex/etc.

"economy service"....surely they can do better than that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Archie78

Simply Red wrote: »
    TNT :mad:

Theyll prob go and update that its in dublin now and all will be good again

I bloody hope so... but doubt it very much... Based on its current tracking Monday Oct 13th is looking very likely :(

• Advertisement

TNT update

08 Oct 2014 10:12:14 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.

C'mon ... Get to Ireland

Archie78 wrote: »
    TNT update

08 Oct 2014 10:12:14 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.

C'mon ... Get to Ireland

- TNT - So based on the info above - that was china local time i suspect so that was 3.12am 8th Oct. This will then be sent to the UK for dispatch to Ireland. So Cant see it getting to Ireland and out for dispatch before Friday 10th. If it gets delayed for any reason then we can expect the 13th for delivery...

Joziburg wrote: »
    "economy service"....surely they can do better than that!!

Well the standard service for these companies would be to deliver by the end of the next business day, or worst case within 2 business days.
    Orders shipped on Friday haven't arrived yet ... Which sounds like what they are marketing as "economy" (usually 3-5 working days).

Doesn't mean it's crap ... They are not using China Post, which could take weeks :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

deep1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know, how long will it take if I order today? Online it says 7/10 business days, any hope to get earlier.

Belfast Apple store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I'd say we could be looking at Friday. It's been ups I've had on other orders but a lot of the time it will land in Germany and move on again to UK by that night. Meaning the UK would have it tomorrow at the latest and in Ireland for Friday. It could as also go straight to Ireland from Germany. I still wouldn't hold my breath though as on other occasions it has sat in one country for two days without any movement at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

I just received a text from Apple saying that my phone is out for delivery, but according to UPS they "incorrectly sorted the package at our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay."

Jofspring wrote: »
    I'd say we could be looking at Friday. It's been ups I've had on other orders but a lot of the time it will land in Germany and move on again to UK by that night. Meaning the UK would have it tomorrow at the latest and in Ireland for Friday. It could as also go straight to Ireland from Germany. I still wouldn't hold my breath though as on other occasions it has sat in one country for two days without any movement at all.

If TNT deliver to me on Friday then I will be very happy... But I wont hold my breath as they have not changed any expected delivery date just yet... Tomorrow we should know an awful lot more.. Lets hope they are more proactive with their online updates

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I'm so glad I didn't order applecare (and to a lesser extent, a case). Such a significant delay for a poxy booklet that nobody even looks at? It would be maddening. There should be an option to have it emailed as a pdf, as if it was even that important to anyone!

"Such a significant delay"

I don't believe anyone knows yet what the delay will be or indeed if there will be one ... a bit early to say it is "significant".

Sit back and don't panic, I doubt the phones will arrive latter than the delivery date Apple provided at the time of order ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Has anybody ordered from the Apple UK website and delivered to Éire through Parcel Motel?

Just checked you don't save much with the conversion and adding on Parcel Motel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just got a delivery of a shiny new iPhone 6 64GB - Space Grey :D

Last night it was in Koeln, Germany and earlier this morning I checked and it was in Dublin. Assumed it would deliver tomorrow, and they usually arrive after 12pm for me. Got woken by a call from UPS about 9.50am.

Anybody on the same shipment could get theirs today. Hope everyone else gets their hands on it soon. Gonna take a while to setup until I can enjoy it properly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Bob24 wrote: »
    I don't believe anyone knows yet what the delay will be or indeed if there will be one ... a bit early to say it is "significant".

Sit back and don't panic, I doubt the phones will arrive latter than the delivery date Apple provided at the time of order ;-)

I'm just sympathetic to those who will be watching deliveries arriving today for others, as it would for themselves but for the diversion to pick up a booklet. But as you say, it's unknown how long that will actually take. Looks a delay of 24hrs at the least to me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 vincentching

Hey guys, just got an update from TNT, it is currently in Arnhem Hub and the status is "In Transit". So I assume it is on the way to Dublin??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

DubDJ wrote: »

Last night it was in Koeln, Germany and earlier this morning I checked and it was in Dublin. Assumed it would deliver tomorrow, and they usually arrive after 12pm for me. Got woken by a call from UPS about 9.50am.

Anybody on the same shipment could get theirs today. Hope everyone else gets their hands on it soon. Gonna take a while to setup until I can enjoy it properly :D

Yours arrived very fast. Ordered on the 1st right? I'm ordering one (again) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 NittenE39

Ordered mine iphone 6 128 gb space grey on 26th Sep and here is the status as per UPS today:

Dublin, Ireland 10/08/2014 6:33 A.M. Destination Scan
    10/08/2014 5:22 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Koeln, Germany 10/08/2014 4:18 A.M. Departure Scan
    10/08/2014 12:48 A.M. Import Scan
    Dubai 10/07/2014 7:00 P.M. Departure Scan
    10/07/2014 3:55 P.M. Arrival Scan

Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 10/07/2014 11:54 A.M. Departure Scan
    Shenzhen, China 10/07/2014 12:25 A.M. Departure Scan
    Shenzhen, China 10/06/2014 11:25 P.M. Origin Scan
    China 10/06/2014 5:22 A.M. Order Processed

Still showing In transit and delivery scheduled for 9th Oct by End of day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 NittenE39

Also ordered one for wife on 3rd Oct and its not dispatched yet (Preparing for Dispatch) and estimated delivery from apple says 20th - 23rd Oct :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

NittenE39 wrote: »
    Also ordered one for wife on 3rd Oct and its not dispatched yet (Preparing for Dispatch) and estimated delivery from apple says 20th - 23rd Oct :(
    Same here, I'm guessing if we are lucky we might have it by late next week.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Yours arrived very fast. Ordered on the 1st right? I'm ordering one (again) :D

Yeah I'm really happy with it tbh. I normally order launch day, but went with Meteor and after they messed me around I thought I'd end up waiting a lot longer to get one, up to the point of just not ordering. Glad I did, shipping and delivery was really quick. I'd say go for it, you'll have it in no time.

Hope others start arriving today, and those without tracking yet be patient... It's defnately worth it :D Pro-tip for the future is never order any accessories with the iPhone, I made that mistake with an Apple order in the past.

Hey guys, just got an update from TNT, it is currently in Arnhem Hub and the status is "In Transit". So I assume it is on the way to Dublin??

Yep noticed that this morning... I think it it will ship to the UK first then Ireland ( I spoke with Apple support on Monday about this )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Great to hear. Did yours say "Out for delivery" or similar on the tracking page? Last activity for me is Destination Scan.

NittenE39 wrote: »

I ordered on the 1st, was given the same estimate and it arrived on the 8th so don't go by that date too closely.
    This post has been deleted.

I'm not sure tbh, it was in Dublin around 7am, and still had a delivery date for tomorrow. Next thing was a call to say it was outside, I'm not sure if it changed but going from past years it didn't for me. It would be in Dublin with a destination scan and then delivered, but the updated tracking does show as out for delivery after I'd signed for it.

Finally Apple have taken the money from my Mastercard. It went out last night even though my phone was dispatched last Sunday

Archie78 wrote: »
    Finally Apple have taken the money from my Mastercard. It went out last night even though my phone was dispatched last Sunday

Same here, MasterCard was charged overnight for me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Mine was due for tomorrow as well but just got a text to I missed my delivery and it will reschedule nnnnooooooooo😥😥

Advertisement