Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 NittenE39

wush06 wrote: »
    Mine was due for tomorrow as well but just got a text to I missed my delivery and it will reschedule nnnnooooooooo😥😥

Sorry to hear that. Can you not call UPS and ask them to hold the package on nearest depo so you can go and collect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just got a delivery of a shiny new iPhone 6 64GB - Space Grey :D

Last night it was in Koeln, Germany and earlier this morning I checked and it was in Dublin. Assumed it would deliver tomorrow, and they usually arrive after 12pm for me. Got woken by a call from UPS about 9.50am.

Anybody on the same shipment could get theirs today. Hope everyone else gets their hands on it soon. Gonna take a while to setup until I can enjoy it properly :D

Where are you? Do you not what depot it came from?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Archie78

Mine will be delivered to my job.... There is a reception at my office. Can I assume it will be ok for reception to sign for it or does it have to be my signiture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

digitaldr wrote: »
    Belfast Apple store?

I reserved 1 on launch day and went to belfast to collect, suddenly changed my mind and kept my S5 and stupidly gave iPhone 6 to wife.

Don't fancy another trip to belfast, i will hold on.

Archie78 wrote: »
    Mine will be delivered to my job.... There is a reception at my office. Can I assume it will be ok for reception to sign for it or does it have to be my signiture

Reception can sign for it. I always get stuff in my office and reception always sign for them no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭needinghelp

Mine was due for tomorrow as well but just got a text to I missed my delivery and it will reschedule nnnnooooooooo😥😥

Do UPS ring before delivery? Don't fancy sitting around for the next 2 days waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

This post has been deleted.

this is mine if it helps,ordered 64gb space grey 26th [EMAIL="12@04"]12:04[/EMAIL] am

bb6d9dab-2356-4b5e-868b-d2cf8e5f2d24_zpsde6ddda4.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'm in Dublin 1, North Inner city but no idea which Depot it came from. It was different this time as I don't think i've ever had a delivery before 12-1pm. It's always after that time, which was why I was still asleep when they rang. Luckily I woke up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Mine on the same flight. Still just saying import scan. Patiently waiting in South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tommylobby

Anybody order an iPhone 6+? Mine is "preparing for dispatch" for the last day.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just got a delivery of a shiny new iPhone 6 64GB - Space Grey :D

Last night it was in Koeln, Germany and earlier this morning I checked and it was in Dublin. Assumed it would deliver tomorrow, and they usually arrive after 12pm for me. Got woken by a call from UPS about 9.50am.

Anybody on the same shipment could get theirs today. Hope everyone else gets their hands on it soon. Gonna take a while to setup until I can enjoy it properly :D

You dont now if UPS stated that it was "out for delivery" ? Mine got into Dublin this morning, but no update since nearly 7am :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 figure8

Mine was the Dubai-Cologne-Dublin batch, destination scan at 6.45am, but now its saying "The sender requested this package be held for pickup at a UPS facility. / Package must be picked up within 5 business days. " as of 10.59am...

Anyone know what this might mean? I'm getting it sent to Parcel Motel, maybe Apple isn't allowing that? I've had no other communication from Apple and the Apple website is still saying delivery by the 9th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

iSeano90 wrote: »
    You dont now if UPS stated that it was "out for delivery" ? Mine got into Dublin this morning, but no update since nearly 7am :(

Well yours must have the same route as mine, i checked and it had 7am Dublin but I didn't notice any change. I'd stay by the phone if I was you, there's a good chance you will have yours today.

What did you ordered iPhone 6 or 6+? Which one is better....... I know I'm asking it very late as already ordered mine and wifes (both 6) but would like to know your opinion.

What did you ordere iPhone 6 or 6+? Which one is better....... I know I'm asking it very late as already ordered mine and wifes (both 6) but would like to know your opinion.

NittenE39 wrote: »
    What did you ordered iPhone 6 or 6+? Which one is better....... I know I'm asking it very late as already ordered mine and wifes (both 6) but would like to know your opinion.

its all opinion based. We cannot say one is better than the other. Its all about choice if you want a larger screen or not. I went for the 6+ because I wanted a larger screen so i can watch Sky go etc. Both are similar phones with practically the same specs. There are a few little things the 6+ can do extra ( landscape mode on home screen and camera stablilsation etc ) but other than that both the same.... Its all about he owners choice

its all opinion based. We cannot say one is better than the other. Its all about choice if you want a larger screen or not. I went for the 6+ because I wanted a larger screen so i can watch Sky go etc. Both are similar phones with practically the same specs. There are a few little things the 6+ can do extra ( landscape mode on home screen and camera stablilsation etc ) but other than that both the same.... Its all about he owners choice

With me I would love to have a big screen as I know this was the only think iPhone was lacking , however the screen for 6+ is way too big and I can't hold it with my one hand so went for 6 instead. I hear 6+ is overselling 6 so was curious did I make a right choice? but I guess I'll be happy with what I'm getting :)

With me I would love to have a big screen as I know this was the only think iPhone was lacking , however the screen for 6+ is way too big and I can't hold it with my one hand so went for 6 instead. I hear 6+ is overselling 6 so was curious did I make a right choice? but I guess I'll be happy with what I'm getting :)

I've held the ip6+ in the shop and was happy with its size. I dint feel it was too big but thats why there is a choice between the two i guess. The ip6+ also has a bigger battery thats supposed to last quite long. That was one thing the 5s customers were complaining about.

I've held the ip6+ in the shop and was happy with its size. I dint feel it was too big but thats why there is a choice between the two i guess. The ip6+ also has a bigger battery thats supposed to last quite long. That was one thing the 5s customers were complaining about.

What do you think about that bend issue reported with 6+? Is it really happening or something hyped with no reason.....

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

What do you think about that bend issue reported with 6+? Is it really happening or something hyped with no reason.....

I think this guy sums it up well
    youtube.com/watch?v=8TPfpNgKlSE#t=1209

• Advertisement

There were 7 cases reported to Apple. And 4 were dismissed because of carelessness. i do believe there would be an issue but only if you are negligent. I cant see it been an issue in every day life unless you just dont look after your phone or give a sh1t about it. IMO I will always have a cover/ case surrounding it so it wont get scratched or damaged. This will supprt the phone too.

There were 7 cases reported to Apple. And 4 were dismissed because of carelessness. i do believe there would be an issue but only if you are negligent. I cant see it been an issue in every day life unless you just dont look after your phone or give a sh1t about it. IMO I will always have a cover/ case surrounding it so it wont get scratched or damaged. This will supprt the phone too.

I agree....

I always keep my phone in covers and will do same for this one too. Now after talking to you guys I'm thinking may be I ordered wrong one and might need to replace with 6+........:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

deep1 wrote: »
    I reserved 1 on launch day and went to belfast to collect, suddenly changed my mind and kept my S5 and stupidly gave iPhone 6 to wife.

True Love:)

figure8 wrote: »
    Mine was the Dubai-Cologne-Dublin batch, destination scan at 6.45am, but now its saying "The sender requested this package be held for pickup at a UPS facility. / Package must be picked up within 5 business days. " as of 10.59am...

Anyone know what this might mean? I'm getting it sent to Parcel Motel, maybe Apple isn't allowing that? I've had no other communication from Apple and the Apple website is still saying delivery by the 9th

I'd be ringing UPS if you see no other details by the end of the day. Probably refused to leave it with parcel motel.

Guy just got the delivery,,,,,,,,,,,,,very happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 figure8

I'd be ringing UPS if you see no other details by the end of the day. Probably refused to leave it with parcel motel.

Now the Apple store status is saying "Delivery not completed". I thought loads of people have had phones delivered through parcel motel? This is a major pain in the balls, I can't get to a UPS pickup office during business hours and won't be at home during delivery hours either, which was the whole point of getting it delivered to parcel motel. How on earth am i gonna get my phone?! Fuming...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Just noticed that the apple order status is now saying estimated time of delivery October 13th to coincide with TNT where as yesterday it still said the 10th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Is everyones tnt delivery saying in Arnhem now? Mine is still showing as in transit from Pudong

figure8 wrote: »
    Now the Apple store status is saying "Delivery not completed". I thought loads of people have had phones delivered through parcel motel? This is a major pain in the balls, I can't get to a UPS pickup office during business hours and won't be at home during delivery hours either, which was the whole point of getting it delivered to parcel motel. How on earth am i gonna get my phone?! Fuming...

Yeah I'd be snapping as well.
    What about getting it forwarded to work if you could? Or you could get a bike courier to pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭zeromedic

Mine saying Anhem. Just realised theres an Apple customers button on the top of the Contact us page on TNT site. Rang to give a piece of my mind as I took Fri off to sign for delivery.

Got usual fob off, but at least I could vent. Now to vent a little more to Apple and suggest UPS should be their preferred shipping choice!!!
    Simply Red wrote: »
    Is everyones tnt delivery saying in Arnhem now? Mine is still showing as in transit from Pudong

Advertisement