Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

boreder wrote: »
    O2 only start shipping on Friday, and say it can take up to 5 days.

Seems a bit silly. Especially if Meteor can get it to you on Friday.

Same with CPW.

Waiting for 3 to launch their prices before making my mind (may also look at emobile but their upfront costs based on their iPhone 5s are very expensive )

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Montiii

boreder wrote: »
    O2 only start shipping on Friday, and say it can take up to 5 days.

Seems a bit silly. Especially if Meteor can get it to you on Friday.

One of the few times I'll give O2 the benefit of the doubt, last 3 phones I've order from them have all arrived on the official release day.

I may take this back next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭squonk

Looking at the O2 plans, I'm not impressed. I think it might work out better to buy the phone outright and then pick up a PAYG SIM and use that. 3 do a good PAYG deal with their €20/month at the moment. I'm currently paying 40odd a month for 2Gb data and with 3 taking over o2 and likely switching over to o2's network soon, it shouldn't be a great change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I just preordered with Meteor, I wasn't sure if they'd have different storage options, but they had the exact phone I was looking to get - iPhone 6 64GB Space Grey.

It didn't seem like a pre-order and more like a full billpay sign-up. I had to dig out a passport, work out an IBAN number which I'd never heard of before, find bank and credit card details, and it took a good 30 minutes until I completed the order.

I signed up to a Smart €39 plan, with €350 upfront. Just hoping I get approved now, been with Meteor years and never had any problems paying bills but I know the approval system can just reject you for no good reason. Still need to send in a passport scan and bank statement scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Montiii

I just ordered the 64gb Space Grey 6 - €229 on 24 month contract, €55 a month.
    Work cover my bills so that part is fine and I've agreed to sell my 5 to someone in work for €200.

Not a bad start to the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Bit of a guide to 3's prices. They seem only to be available via the upgrade section though....

No 128gb plus available there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Regarding the CPW online reservation - I dropped into a store today to clarify.

If you've paid your €50 deposit, your phone will be set aside at your designated store from any stock which is to be sold first-come-first-served. You then pick it up on Friday.

I told the guy we hadn't been given an option to choose a size, and he reckons we'll be contacted to clarify the order ahead of Friday. (He gave me his mobile number to call him Wednesday in case this doesn't happen).

So feeling more confident about this now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Anybody fancy calling Vodafone to find out their story? Stuck at work so can't do it from here... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

Simon201 wrote: »
    Bit of a guide to 3's prices. They seem only to be available via the upgrade section though....

No 128gb plus available there.

Thanks for that, just ordered a 64gb plus for my upgrade:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Hopefully they will let you know before Friday morning if you have one for sure or not. That way you can still head somewhere else to get one if you don't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Am with Three and eligible for upgrade. Finger hovering over the €179 for a 64gb iPhone 6 but want to switch to vodafone as I do a fair bit of international and roaming. Typical Voda is the only one not taking orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

64gb plus on order from three :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

dulpit wrote: »
    Anybody fancy calling Vodafone to find out their story? Stuck at work so can't do it from here... :(
    I dropped into one of their stores yesterday evening and the two bits of info I got were: they weren't taking names or preorders, and they didn't know when the plans would be announced.

Dades wrote: »
    I dropped into one of their stores yesterday evening and the two bits of info I got were: they weren't taking names or preorders, and they didn't know when the plans would be announced.

Considering every other network has released plans and pre-orders I'd say they are loosing quite a few customers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Wonder when we can expect (if any) unwanted upgrades of the 6 on Adverts? I usually wait till Nov but will bite the bullet a few weeks earlier if any appear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

So did any one who "registered their interest" on O2's site over the last couple of weeks actually get any text or email notifications of the pre-orders? Or was that just a convenient way to get customers to opt in to a marketing spam email list?

Branoic wrote: »
    So did any one who "registered their interest" on O2's site over the last couple of weeks actually get any text or email notifications of the pre-orders? Or was that just a convenient way to get customers to opt in to a marketing spam email list?

I got an email at around 7.30 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

Ordered as a new customer through 3's website this morning. Just got an e-mail confirming my order.

Does anyone with past experience know if this confirmation means they'll actually be able to ship it next Friday? Also what happens with porting my number over to 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dicknorris

got e-mail from 3 this morning had registered last week 24 Month contract €169 for iphone 6

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

dicknorris wrote: »
    got e-mail from 3 this morning had registered last week 24 Month contract €169 for iphone 6

Is that as a new customer on the 55 per month plan? It's coming up as 179 for me.

• Advertisement

Arctic89 wrote: »
    Ordered as a new customer through 3's website this morning. Just got an e-mail confirming my order.

Does anyone with past experience know if this confirmation means they'll actually be able to ship it next Friday? Also what happens with porting my number over to 3?

Got iPhone 4 and 5 from Three. iPhone 4 was delivered on the Saturday and iPhone 5 was delivered on the launch day. I expect you'll receive it next Friday. You'll probably get a text or email from DPD on the morning letting you know when to expect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Got iPhone 4 and 5 from Three. iPhone 4 was delivered on the Saturday and iPhone 5 was delivered on the launch day. I expect you'll receive it next Friday. You'll probably get a text or email from DPD on the morning letting you know when to expect it.

Silly question but if you are upgrading from an iphone 4 to a 6/6+.Whats the story with the sim? Do you need to call to a store to get a different size one if keeping you number?

Antibac wrote: »
    Silly question but if you are upgrading from an iphone 4 to a 6/6+.Whats the story with the sim? Do you need to call to a store to get a different size one if keeping you number?

they should send a new nano sim with the phone, you then call them to activate the new sim on your number which will take a few hours.

When the 5 came out they screwed up the sims and sent micro sims with the phones. I just cut down my iPhone 4 micro sim to nano sim size with a scissors and it worked fine until they sent a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dicknorris

I'm existing customer with 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Antibac wrote: »

You call in and get a new sim, then activate it yourself online. They used to do it there and then but it's changed. Takes under 2 hours. Did it last week for my son when he upgraded to the 5.

anyone know if retail stores get a shipment / allowance independent of Online orders? 6 Plus models sold out on O2's website in no time. I'm wondering can I pre-order in store for one of their allotted models, or if its sold out online does that mean the stores won't be getting any of them either?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

Preordered with O2 this morning and was just talking to an online advisor who told me I should be able to collect it on Saturday morning from O2 on Grafton Street which was my nominated store.

Just got an email from O2 saying the 64GB Space Grey Plus was back in stock. Rushed to the website and ordered it. Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 AnthonyWalsh07

are the pre-orders just for bill pay? cant find a pay as you go option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Could anyone tell me the deal with o2's PAYG iphone 6 options.I'm looking to get a 6+ 64GB but want it sim free.If I pre-order a PAYG O2 iphone 6,will it be sim free(unlocked)?

Advertisement