Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Brian017 wrote: »
    And then he just drove off? :confused: Maybe your phone isn't on his truck then

Just saw the website says delivered now ... probably he gave it to the reception at my office they are not in a hurry to tell me. Going to pay them a visit now :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Bob24 wrote: »
    Just saw the website says delivered now ... probably he gave it to the reception at my office they are not in a hurry to tell me. Going to pay them a visit now :-)

Lucky B****** :p Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Archie78

Lucky sod.. mines still in Arnhem for the past 23 weeks - hope to get it by christmas :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭needinghelp

I hope you were typing that on the move to reception.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭needinghelp

Archie78 wrote: »
    Lucky sod.. mines still in Arnhem for the past 23 weeks - hope to get it by christmas :confused:

I wonder are TNT just crap at updating? You'd imagine Apple wouldn't put up with such delays if it's constant?

• Advertisement

Brian017 wrote: »
    Lucky B****** :p Enjoy :)

Cheers :-)

Got it now but will be tortured the whole day having it in my drawer but not able to set it up as there is not open Wi-Fi network in the office ... might go home for lunch! :-D

And on a different note, the "merged" packets (phone itself and AppleCare) where actually delivered in two different boxes, so not sure what the point is for this merging process ...

Hope you get it soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

I wonder are TNT just crap at updating? You'd imagine Apple wouldn't put up with such delays if it's constant?
    I think thats the case, this line just appeared in the middle of my tracking results this morning 08 Oct 2014 10:00:00 Ide Centre Released By Customs
    That was supposed to have happened before it even got to arnham but only showed up today

I hope you were typing that on the move to reception.......

My Apple geekery condition has improved after a few years of therapy, I can now hold it for a few minutes :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Hmm my current TNT Status is....
    09 Oct 2014 07:00:00 Dublin Delay. Recovery Action Underway
    Delivery Exception
    The shipment has experienced an exception. Please contact TNT for more information.
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:00 AM
    Is anyone else seeing this for TNT?

• Advertisement

bazzz wrote: »

Not for me no, still saying Arnhem

Yeah - I would agree with you about Apple.... And also hopefully you are correct about their lack of updates but I wont hold my breath..:mad:

Nope - Mines in Arnhem... Well so TNT are saying

And on a different note, the "merged" packets (phone itself and AppleCare) where actually delivered in two different boxes, so not sure what the point is for this merging process ...

And I also just got a letter by regular post to confirm the AppleCare contract ... they're really not making it simple :-)

let us know what they say when you contact them - please as I do no have that message just yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eoin Kavanagh 64

This TNT epitomises the phrase "slow boat from China", mental note to self, never send any business their way again. :p

Guys with TNT - Track you parcel here http://www.trackingex.com/tnt-tracking/ ( enter your tracking number ) then click on the ide centre... When I click on this it brings me to customs in Cork..... Can this be correct as this line only came on my tracking this morning... if it is then thats great news as its in transit then... but I just do not believe TNT

Guys with TNT - Track you parcel here http://www.trackingex.com/tnt-tracking/ ( enter your tracking number ) then click on the ide centre... When I click on this it brings me to customs in Cork..... Can this be correct as this line only came on my tracking this morning... if it is then thats great news as its in transit then... but I just do not believe TNT

looking at it again - it has to be an error with TNT as it shows the ide centre ( Cork ) :mad:customs before it leaves Arnhem.... ahhh excitment over :(

Same thing for me, knowing tnt they probably sent it from Arnhem to Cork then back to Arnhem for the laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

let us know what they say when you contact them - please as I do no have that message just yet ?

Just spoke to TNT and the guy told me ....That there was a two hour delay with the flight to Dublin and that I should expect the packet by the due date which is now Monday 13th.Then he proceeded to say that I should check the tracking this time tomorrow and it will either be out for delivery(if it's earlier than the due date) or it won't make it till Monday.He said if there is no sign of it tomorrow to call him again.
    So by the look of it,we could have had our 6+'s today:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just spoke to TNT and the guy told me ....That there was a two hour delay with the flight to Dublin and that I should expect the packet by the due date which is now Monday 13th.Then he proceeded to say that I should check the tracking this time tomorrow and it will either be out for delivery(if it's earlier than the due date) or it won't make it till Monday.He said if there is no sign of it tomorrow to call him again.
    So by the look of it,we could have had our 6+'s today:rolleyes:

Haha - in other words he hasnt a clue and we could get it anytime..... At least you have this update on your TNT site... Mines is still the same as it was yesterday morning.... Then again they probably didnt want a thousand phone calls so only updated some of the delivery timetables

TNT UPDATE

I spoke to TNT and they said the orders missed the outgoing flight last night from Arnhem due to customs check. It will leave direct for Dublin tonight and will be in customs first thing tomorrow morning. If it passes through customs quickly they will be out for delivery tomorrow - but as its a Friday customs may be busy and it may get delayed... If this happens in Dublin then they wont be out for delivery until Monday...

Haha - in other words he hasnt a clue and we could get it anytime..... At least you have this update on your TNT site... Mines is still the same as it was yesterday morning.... Then again they probably didnt want a thousand phone calls so only updated some of the delivery timetables

So they gave me a similar story to you but blamed customs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Glad my order is with UPS, TNT sound a disaster.

Mine departed Hong Kong today, still have a delivery date of Monday 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wheresmyphone

TNT UPDATE
    I spoke to TNT and they said the orders missed the outgoing flight last night from Arnhem due to customs check. It will leave direct for Dublin tonight and will be in customs first thing tomorrow morning. If it passes through customs quickly they will be out for delivery tomorrow - but as its a Friday customs may be busy and it may get delayed... If this happens in Dublin then they wont be out for delivery until Monday...

My 6+ 128 is showing up as in Dublin since this morning...

09 Oct 2014 10:12:08 Dublin Held Customs, Awaiting Clearance Instructions From Receiver.
    09 Oct 2014 10:05:04 Dublin Shipment Received At Tnt Location
    09 Oct 2014 01:22:55 Liege Euro Hub Shipment In Transit.
    09 Oct 2014 01:05:01 Liege Euro Hub Shipment Received At Transit Point.
    08 Oct 2014 20:05:35 Arnhem Shipment In Transit.
    08 Oct 2014 17:31:01 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
    08 Oct 2014 14:01:24 Arnhem Hub Shipment Received At Origin Depot.
    08 Oct 2014 10:11:48 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
    08 Oct 2014 10:00:00 Ide Centre Released By Customs
    07 Oct 2014 01:23:26 Pudong International Airport Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 22:43:51 Pudong International Airport Shipment Received At Tnt Location
    06 Oct 2014 22:27:00 Zhengzhou Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 22:03:23 Zhengzhou Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 18:20:36 Zhengzhou Shipment Collected From Customer

My 6+ 128 is showing up as in Dublin since this morning...

09 Oct 2014 10:12:08 Dublin Held Customs, Awaiting Clearance Instructions From Receiver.
    09 Oct 2014 10:05:04 Dublin Shipment Received At Tnt Location
    09 Oct 2014 01:22:55 Liege Euro Hub Shipment In Transit.
    09 Oct 2014 01:05:01 Liege Euro Hub Shipment Received At Transit Point.
    08 Oct 2014 20:05:35 Arnhem Shipment In Transit.
    08 Oct 2014 17:31:01 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
    08 Oct 2014 14:01:24 Arnhem Hub Shipment Received At Origin Depot.
    08 Oct 2014 10:11:48 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
    08 Oct 2014 10:00:00 Ide Centre Released By Customs
    07 Oct 2014 01:23:26 Pudong International Airport Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 22:43:51 Pudong International Airport Shipment Received At Tnt Location
    06 Oct 2014 22:27:00 Zhengzhou Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 22:03:23 Zhengzhou Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 18:20:36 Zhengzhou Shipment Collected From Customer

Bloody Hell - So it looks like the orders were all split up in Arnhem :( - so yours should be out tomorrow....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

According to my last scan of it I was scanned ten seconds before you in Arnhem wheresmyphone but have had no further update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

iPhones back in stock with Meteor for those that are interested.

Just got a mail and placed my order for the 64gb Silver. Will be delivered by next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭zeromedic

So I found an email address for TNT sent a reasonably nice email, then got the following:
    Dear ,

I'm sorry to heart that you are not happy.

TNT and UPS have different routings and transit times.

Possibly shipment delivered by UPS was form UK not China.

Tracking on our website clearly shows due date 13th for con *********.

Regards

Customer Service Representative - Support

Express Customer Service

T : 0818 400 600
    F : +353 1 806 7801

TNT Express (Ireland) Limited
    Corballis Park, Dublin Airport,
    Cloghran, Co. Dublin
    Ireland. Reg No: 74547

Then I sent a not so polite one including Apple's commitment to the 10/10/14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

TNT UPDATE

I'm guessing that as a Dutch company that's a major hub. If so, it's really ****ty that it seemsto have just the one flight to Dublin per day. The country is small, but you'd think they'd be moving more than that.

Advertisement