Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

Got my 64gb 6 today. Very nice.
    Have my 64gb 5 on adverts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

My delivery for my 6 plus was supppoused to be Wednesday to Friday then it changed to Monday. I rang apple and they said they will try their best for Friday but as of now it's still in Arnhem. So Monday it is if we're lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Has this happened anyone else?:

128gb 6+ due 10-17th. 10 days ago status updates to "preparing for despatch" and there's a pending transaction in my bank account for Apple for €1014. 5 daysater the money appears back on my account and the status is still the same. I rang apple and they said that the mkney was authorised and on hold but after 5 days if they don't take it, the bank drops the authorisation and credits it back to the account. He said they will take payment again when it ships. Well it shipped yesterday morning and is now traceable on the couriers website but the money hasn't been taken yet!!!! Is this normal.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

nokia211 wrote: »
    My delivery for my 6 plus was supppoused to be Wednesday to Friday then it changed to Monday. I rang apple and they said they will try their best for Friday but as of now it's still in Arnhem. So Monday it is if we're lucky

I have just received a UPS number and according to their information would have my phone by end of business tomorrow Friday. Total delivery time 10 working days. Just 3 outside the estimated time when I ordered from Apple.
    The only info on its travel is that the package is in Hinkley UK
    Looking forward to its arrival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

jarvis wrote: »

128gb 6+ due 10-17th. 10 days ago status updates to "preparing for despatch" and there's a pending transaction in my bank account for Apple for €1014. 5 daysater the money appears back on my account and the status is still the same. I rang apple and they said that the mkney was authorised and on hold but after 5 days if they don't take it, the bank drops the authorisation and credits it back to the account. He said they will take payment again when it ships. Well it shipped yesterday morning and is now traceable on the couriers website but the money hasn't been taken yet!!!! Is this normal.?

Yeah completely normal, I've often had the order and still hadn't been charged by Apple. They'll take your money eventually, don't worry :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Im developing a completely irrational hatred for this Arnhem place

jarvis wrote: »

Can happen. If you are on line for your banking, check pending in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Seagarz

Simply Red wrote: »

Agrreed. Lets not forget our hatred for TNT

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Seagarz

Agreed. Lets not forget our hatred for TNT

Should visit the town. It is a very nice city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Archie78

Still in Arnhem .... Is this Groundhog Day ??? ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Seagarz wrote: »
    Agreed. Lets not forget our hatred for TNT

Had the pleasure of them being in possession of my iPhone 5 delivery 2 years ago. Made a mess of my delivery too. "On the wrong van" on the day it was due after taking the day off college to wait for it.

UPS always a pleasure to deal with and are very efficient.

Things can change. This evening at 6pm,mine was with one carrier, about an hour letter it was with UPS , on the 8th.Oct. it was delayed. Yet, hope to receive it tomorrow, hopefully.

I did say hopefully.
    My latest update, the package has gone 50k up the road from Tamworth to Castle Donnington.
    New delivery day Monday sometime (hopefully)
    That is back to the original delivery date.

Will check in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jimbooooo

airuser wrote: »
    I did say hopefully.
    My latest update, the package has gone 50k up the road from Tamworth to Castle Donnington.
    New delivery day Monday sometime (hopefully)
    That is back to the original delivery date.

Will check in the morning.

is that UPS? if it's like mine, it'll be in koeln - germany at 4am, in dublin by 5am and out for delivery tomorrow at 7am.

I then got mine by noon (today).

Jimboooo

That's correct UPS. Castle Donnington is East Midlands Airport, after this must check flight from there to Ireland. But, I am now looking to Monday for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jimbooooo

Jimboooo

That's correct UPS. Castle Donnington is East Midlands Airport, after this must check flight from there to Ireland. But, I am now looking to Monday for delivery.

mine yesterday went from uk to germany, and only then dublin. I also had a delivery date for tomorrow (yesterday at this time) but it arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 vincentching

I'm really frustrated by TNT, no update since 28 hrs ago, still in Arnhem.

Yes. It's bloody ridiculous. We should all complain to apple via email and state how poor a service they give. It won't help us but may help people in the future if they know how unreliable they are.

I am so annoyed it will be another weekend without the phone. Tired of all this waiting now.

Have you got a Tracking Number. If so, just keep in putting into the tracking system. Delivery can change.

As you may have seen from my posts. I was expecting the phone tomorrow. Now, it's Monday. Having just moved up the road to the airport.

64,000$ question where it will go after that.

• Advertisement

Archie78 wrote: »
    Yes. It's bloody ridiculous. We should all complain to apple via email and state how poor a service they give. It won't help us but may help people in the future if they know how unreliable they are.

I am so annoyed it will be another weekend without the phone. Tired of all this waiting now.

I am not even hoping to get it on Monday, you know their reputation.

It's modern day Logistics. The end user does not count.

I know tnt are so horrible we will be lucky to get it by Monday now.its still in Arnhem. I wish we got ups

Have you got a Tracking Number. If so, just keep in putting into the tracking system. Delivery can change.

As you may have seen from my posts. I was expecting the phone tomorrow. Now, it's Monday. Having just moved up the road to the airport.

Even a camel does a better job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

I'd say Arnhem

A couple of things. Composing about delivery to Apple will just fall on deaf ears.

I and many others have had issues with Audiobooks and many hundreds have complained, nothing has been done.

Carriers will only upload delivery when they have a completed load and not befoe. Wether it TNT or UPS.

Some sort of an update by TNT would calm the nerves but its been in only 2 locations for the past 2.5 days. It's males you feel like they want to actually hit their delayed date of te 13th rather than Ben on Apples scheduled date.
    One thing I don't understand is that how come half the orders made it to Ireland today even though both were scanned at the same time in Arnhem.

Some sort of an update by TNT would calm the nerves but its been in only 2 locations for the past 2.5 days. It's males you feel like they want to actually hit their delayed date of te 13th rather than Ben on Apples scheduled date.
    One thing I don't understand is that how come half the orders made it to Ireland today even though both were scanned at the same time in Arnhem.

I know they should at LEAST be in the uk by now If not Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Gave up on the Belfast idea. Ordered online today at 12:44pm. Delivers: 29 Oct, 2014 - 03 Nov, 2014.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out after seeing some people ordering on Oct 1st & have it delivered two weeks early.

Anyone else order this week?

I order last night at 11:58 and was given delivery between 23 Oct, 2014 - 29 Oct, 2014

Bank holiday is the 27th so no doubt could add an extra day, given when you order I'm assuming mine will now come around the 29th which is a Wednesday - hopefully won't go missing and end up being November.

• Advertisement

As I said above. They make up full loads. Containers/ Groupage must be full. Those bloody big containers ones sees been loaded onto planes.

Some of the carries use their own planes. Others use commercial airlines to deliver

Advertisement