Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 vincentching

airuser wrote: »
    As I said above. They make up full loads. Containers/ Groupage must be full. Those bloody big containers ones sees been loaded onto planes.

Some of the carries use their own planes. Others use commercial airlines to deliver

TNT use nothing but camels and turtles.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Archie78

nokia211 wrote: »
    I know they should at LEAST be in the uk by now If not Dublin

Last nights delivery from Arbhen scanned in at 1 or 2 am in Dublin. Hope it's the same. Somebody said earlier that the delivery has already been cleared in customs in Holland so that will speed things up for delivery if it actually does arrive in Ireland.

We will only know for sure in the morning. If its too late for delivery I will called TNT and see if I can pick it up at the depot. Not sure if they will allow it but I will try.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

As I said above. They make up full loads. Containers/ Groupage must be full. Those bloody big containers ones sees been loaded onto planes.

Some of the carries use their own planes. Others use commercial airlines to deliver

Are they actually still in Arnhem or do you think there website just isn't updated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Preparing for dispatch, let the games begin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Preparing for dispatch, let the games begin!

When did you order?

• Advertisement

Archie78 wrote: »
    Last nights delivery from Arbhen scanned in at 1 or 2 am in Dublin. Hope it's the same. Somebody said earlier that the delivery has already been cleared in customs in Holland so that will speed things up for delivery if it actually does arrive in Ireland.

We will only know for sure in the morning. If its too late for delivery I will called TNT and see if I can pick it up at the depot. Not sure if they will allow it but I will try.

Same we'll have to know by tomorrow. If it's in the depot I might try collect it also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I order last night at 11:58 and was given delivery between 23 Oct, 2014 - 29 Oct, 2014

Bank holiday is the 27th so no doubt could add an extra day, given when you order I'm assuming mine will now come around the 29th which is a Wednesday - hopefully won't go missing and end up being November.

I'd expect it a lot earlier, I ordered the 1st, arrived on the 8th with the original estimate of 17th-23rd being way off. As long as it's with UPS that is, TNT are terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

nokia211 wrote: »
    Are they actually still in Arnhem or do you think there website just isn't updated

As I found out, one will only know what is happening is by "Tracking" all the time.

On the UPS site when inputting my tracking number it originally showed that the delivery was to take place Friday. The next option was " out for delivery". Meaning that it had arrived in Ireland. But it had only moved up the road to the East Midlands Airport. Where from there I do not know.

Shipment Progress
    What's this?
    Location Date Local Time Activity
    Castle Donnington, United Kingdom 09/10/2014 22:37 Departure Scan
    09/10/2014 21:49 Arrival Scan
    Tamworth, United Kingdom 09/10/2014 21:12 Departure Scan
    09/10/2014 19:39 Origin Scan
    United Kingdom 09/10/2014 13:23 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Additional Information
    This is the progress in the shipping of my package.
    Hope this will upload ok.
    It would appear to have been scanned out at 22.37. But to where.?

One question if anyone knows. I know TNT used to have their depot at the airport but moved it to Belgard in Tallaght.
    My question is does anyone know if this is the only depot they have or are there more. Just in case they may allow pickups if their deliveries aren't ready on time.

• Advertisement

I did a quick search. They are still listing one near the airport. If you are in the Dublin Area look in the "yellow pages".

I did a quick search. They are still listing one near the airport. If you are in the Dublin Area look in the "yellow pages".

I am in the Dublin area but the airport depot is just too far to get to. I wanted to just take an hour or so to drive from work during the day. Belgard would have been ideal.

I am in the Dublin area but the airport depot is just too far to get to. I wanted to just take an hour or so to drive from work during the day. Belgard would have been ideal.

a colleague had said he would cover me tomorrow. I can call UPS and arrange to call for the package on Monday or early Tueday morning. All this for a phone. My wife's thinks I am off my rocker.
    She said I would not do it for her. I wonder???

a colleague had said he would cover me tomorrow. I can call UPS and arrange to call for the package on Monday or early Tueday morning. All this for a phone. My wife's thinks I am off my rocker.
    She said I would not do it for her. I wonder???

Haha. I am in the exact same position. My wife things I'm obsessed about getting this phone too.

Haha. I am in the exact same position. My wife things I'm obsessed about getting this phone too.

I happen to have all Apple products. Moved away from PC etc, many years ago.

iPad, iPhone, iMac, MacBook and even Apple TV
    Wait till I tell her I getting the new iPad when it comes out. Only joking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Aodhagan wrote: »
    When did you order?

29th Sept

Gentlemen,

One is not going to believe this. My package is on the way to Germany. Köln.

So, it came from somewhere in the world to the Uk, then to Tamworth to Castle Donnington and now onto Germany.

I find it had to understand to logic to this never mind the logistics.

I have a headache from trying to work all this out.

Gentlemen,

One is not going to believe this. My package is on the way to Germany. Köln.

So, it came from somewhere in the world to the Uk, then to Tamworth to Castle Donnington and now onto Germany.

I find it had to understand to logic to this never mind the logistics.

I have a headache from trying to work all this out.

That's normal. You should have it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭zeromedic

Yes. It's bloody ridiculous. We should all complain to apple via email and state how poor a service they give. It won't help us but may help people in the future if they know how unreliable they are.

I am so annoyed it will be another weekend without the phone. Tired of all this waiting now.

I already have. Twice. Feel free to add further emails.

Aodhagan

Good morning.

This is getting a movable feast. Earlier this evening was informed on the "Tracking" delivery was to be Friday, got cover to be here. Then moved to Monday. Now a few minutes is back to Monday. I give up.

I would hate to be in "Logistics ".

• Advertisement

Aodhagan

Good morning.

This is getting a movable feast. Earlier this evening was informed on the "Tracking" delivery was to be Friday, got cover to be here. Then moved to Monday. Now a few minutes is back to Monday. I give up.

I would hate to be in "Logistics ".

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Give it a check around 8am and you could get a nice surprise and see its out for delivery, all things going well :)

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. Give it a check around 8am and you could get a nice surprise and see its out for delivery, all things going well :)

No really worried. It just fun to see what happens to our orders when placed with a multinational company.

Some years ago, I order a product which was at that time produced in Cork. To see the journey it took to come to Cork and the length of time.

It nearly went half ways around the world to get back here. When it would have taken me 20 mins to drive across the city to collect it.

They call all this progress.

Must say have enjoyed the fun tonight. The Lads waiting for the phones are going crazy on their forums with their length of deliveries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

We have movement

10 Oct 2014 02:05:07 Liege Euro Hub Shipment Received At Transit Point.
    08 Oct 2014 20:03:16 Arnhem Shipment In Transit.
    08 Oct 2014 15:19:22 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
    08 Oct 2014 10:00:00 Ide Centre Released By Customs
    07 Oct 2014 01:23:38 Pudong International Airport Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 22:43:51 Pudong International Airport Shipment Received At Tnt Location
    06 Oct 2014 22:27:00 Zhengzhou Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 22:06:39 Zhengzhou Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 17:18:48 Zhengzhou Shipment Collected From Customer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

One question if anyone knows. I know TNT used to have their depot at the airport but moved it to Belgard in Tallaght.
    My question is does anyone know if this is the only depot they have or are there more. Just in case they may allow pickups if their deliveries aren't ready on time.

The site at the airport is just offices, the freight goes into the site off the Belgard Road in Tallaght.

The site at the airport is just offices, the freight goes into the site off the Belgard Road in Tallaght.

Well that's good at least for me. But as simply red said ..... We have movement. Just need to see one more update that it's in Dublin this morning and out for delivery and many many people will be happy campers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Seagarz

TNT UPdate we are in Dublin at least

0 Oct 2014 07:05:06 Dublin Shipment Received At Tnt Location
    10 Oct 2014 02:48:15 Liege Euro Hub Shipment In Transit.
    10 Oct 2014 02:28:22 Liege Euro Hub Shipment Received At Transit Point.
    08 Oct 2014 15:04:20 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
    08 Oct 2014 10:11:49 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
    07 Oct 2014 01:23:24 Pudong International Airport Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 22:43:51 Pudong International Airport Shipment Received At Tnt Location
    06 Oct 2014 22:03:24 Zhengzhou Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 18:20:28 Zhengzhou Shipment Collected From Customer

• Registered Users Posts: 23 vincentching

Seagarz wrote: »
    TNT UPdate we are in Dublin at least

0 Oct 2014 07:05:06 Dublin Shipment Received At Tnt Location
    10 Oct 2014 02:48:15 Liege Euro Hub Shipment In Transit.
    10 Oct 2014 02:28:22 Liege Euro Hub Shipment Received At Transit Point.
    08 Oct 2014 15:04:20 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
    08 Oct 2014 10:11:49 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 22:03:24 Zhengzhou Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 18:20:28 Zhengzhou Shipment Collected From Customer
    Mine has not been updated. I hope mine did not miss the flight

Mine has not been updated. I hope mine did not miss the flight

Liege Euro Hub Shipment In Transit.
    10 Oct 2014 02:09:10 Liege Euro Hub Shipment Received At Transit Point.
    08 Oct 2014 15:02:58 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
    08 Oct 2014 10:12:08 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 22:03:43 Zhengzhou Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 17:11:08 Zhengzhou Shipment Collected From Customer

Same it's only in Belgium why isn't it in Dublin yet

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bowlerjd

Mine says hasn't updated either. Last post is

10 Oct 2014 03:14:35 Liege Euro Hub Shipment In Transit.

Less than 30 minutes after Seagarz's time, and his is now in Dublin.

• Advertisement

bowlerjd wrote: »
    Mine says hasn't updated either. Last post is

10 Oct 2014 03:14:35 Liege Euro Hub Shipment In Transit.

Less than 30 minutes after Seagarz's time, and his is now in Dublin.

Tnt are just horrible don't think we'll be getting them today

Advertisement