Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Nice one just ordered from o2 as an upgrade and got the 20% discount as well nice one :)

now to cancel my order with three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

F34 wrote: »
    Nice one just ordered from o2 as an upgrade and got the 20% discount as well nice one :)

What's the discount for? Switching over?

naasrd wrote: »
    What's the discount for? Switching over?

Priority Moments 20% upgrade discount

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

F34 wrote: »

Got the 20% off too! Was deadly! Got the 128GB 6plus for 280! Not bad at all!

Got the 20% off too! Was deadly! Got the 128GB 6plus for 280! Not bad at all!

yeah got the 64gb on 40p/m for 335 so am well happy tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Just got another email from CPW following up on my preorder. Had to choose my model phone and preferred store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Preordered on O2 earlier and having seen the 20% discount received by some above, and being O2 Priority Moments member, called them to see if they could amend or cancel my order to allow me reorder.

They advised me they couldn't cancel my order, and looked to give me a credit on my account, for the 20%

When they checked the T&C they came back and said this offer should not be applicable to iPhone 6 and so they could not give this to me...

Looks like anyone above who got the discount were lucky to do so

Preordered on O2 earlier and having seen the 20% discount received by some above, and being O2 Priority Moments member, called them to see if they could amend or cancel my order to allow me reorder.

They advised me they couldn't cancel my order, and looked to give me a credit on my account, for the 20%

When they check the T&C they came back and said this offer should not be applicable to iPhone 6 and so they could give this to me...

Looks like anyone above who got the discount were lucky to do so

Can't see anything in the T&C's that say it's not applicable to iPhone orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

May have been fobbing me off... But there was no way to cancel it, said if I didn't want it on delivery day not to sign it and then it would be returned and I could reorder
    Not going to bother changing my order now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I was speaking to O2 last week and was told the 20% was not available on iPhone. Those who got it today were definitely lucky

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Harcrid wrote: »
    Just got another email from CPW following up on my preorder. Had to choose my model phone and preferred store.
    Got that too.

Had to choose a size and colour. I assume they know what model from the pre-order. Didn't get any further confirmation and after submitting it just said thanks for completing the surveymonkey survey... It better not have been just a survey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Been with O2 for 14+ years but their price plans just didn't match up to what other networks were offering.

With a bumped upgrade the 16Gb iPhone 6 was €129 for a 24 month contract at €55pm. That gets me 4Gb data and unlimited calls and texts. Over 24 months that works out at €1449.

Three had the same phone for €229 for 24 month contract at €40.66pm. That gets me unlimited data (and 4G free until end Nov) and 350 flexiunits. Over 24 months that's €1205.

I'm a data user, rarely text (iMessage and Whatsapp instead) and don't call much <100 mins a month. So to me, a decent data package is key.

Sorry to leave O2, as their customer care has been great over the year. But with their sale to Three, no reason to stay loyal.

Now what cover will I get....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Arctic89 wrote: »
    Ordered as a new customer through 3's website this morning. Just got an e-mail confirming my order.

Does anyone with past experience know if this confirmation means they'll actually be able to ship it next Friday? Also what happens with porting my number over to 3?

Pre-ordered the 5 as a new customer and got it delivered to work on the launch day. As someone else mentioned, they sent the wrong SIMs with them so the phone was useless. They contacted everyone to send them the right SIM. I said to deliver it to work address when asked. They delivered it to my home address instead.
    When I eventually got it, the porting process didn't go smoothly either so I had the phone several days before I was able to use it.

Hoping the 64GB iPhone 6 I just ordered as an upgrade goes a bit smoother. Having it delivered to work because I couldn't select the option to collect in store. Anyone else have that problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

all the customer care can't win you customers when you're plans are routed squarely in 2007.

€70 for 10gb Internet :eek:, I get 15GB on Meteor for less than half that €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Dades wrote: »
    Got that too.

Had to choose a size and colour. I assume they know what model from the pre-order. Didn't get any further confirmation and after submitting it just said thanks for completing the surveymonkey survey... It better not have been just a survey!
    Did they not look for a 50e booking fee. They did from me the jokers :)

Branoic wrote: »
    I was speaking to O2 last week and was told the 20% was not available on iPhone. Those who got it today were definitely lucky

Wow. Wonder if they'll come back to anyone asking for more or stating an error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

blowin3 wrote: »

He would have preordered it last night like anyone else who ordered from CPW, a €50 refundable deposit was due..

They sent an email around earlier with a link to a survey, where you specify the colour and model you want to preorder.

I ordered a 128GB plus, but have a feeling those are going to be very limited indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

all the customer care can win you back customers when you're plans are routed squarely in 2007.

€70 for 10gb Internet :eek:, I get 15GB on Meteor for less than half that €30.

Funnily enough the plan im on with O2 *is* from 2007. It was their very first iPhone plan and features unlimited data for 36 a month on an 18 month contract. Granted the minutes and texts are low (150 each) but I rarely use anywhere near that small amount.

They keep calling me up at renewal time trying to get me to switch to a newer plan but I'm having none of it!

Branoic wrote: »
    Funnily enough the plan im on with O2 *is* from 2007. It was their very first iPhone plan and features unlimited data for 36 a month on an 18 month contract. Granted the minutes and texts are low (150 each) but I rarely use anywhere near that small amount.

They keep calling me up at renewal time trying to get me to switch to a newer plan but I'm having none of it!

My last bill:

12 mins
    4 SMS
    8.78Gb data.

:pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

blowin3 wrote: »
    Yah sure they did, but a refundable one. Ain't nobody getting an iPhone 6 without shelling out a chunk of euros.

Fun times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Was in Vodafone store today, they said that they don't think there'll be any pre-orders for Vodafone, and they also don't expect to have any 6 pluses on launch date. Not sure if this is actual policy, or just what someone in store says, but there you go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

dulpit wrote: »
    Was in Vodafone store today, they said that they don't think there'll be any pre-orders for Vodafone, and they also don't expect to have any 6 pluses on launch date. Not sure if this is actual policy, or just what someone in store says, but there you go...

One thing is certain about phone launches. Store employees are the last to know anything. I don't for a minute believe Europe's largest Telco will get a worse selection of stock than the likes of Three

dulpit wrote: »

Suppose what store it was. Like id imagine the smaller village-like stores won't have many of the bigger models but id expect City stores (esp. Grafton street) to have at least one of each model.

The reps in any carrier stores know nothing! In fact all they are doing is lowering expectations so people aren't disappointed when they don't have what customers want.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

How long is it likely to be before I can just walk into a shop without a pre-order and walk out of there on the same day with a 6 ?

How long is it likely to be before I can just walk into a shop without a pre-order and walk out of there on the same day with a 6 ?

My local O2 in Malahide have a Facebook page and used to post when they got a delivery in but they'd be gone within the hour. Depending on which model could be anytime between now and the new year before stock will be available all the time id say.

All depends on demand!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

Nice one. Might go into eMobile and put my name down Monday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

why? No mention of them doing a pre order yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

November at the earliest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

anyone got price plans from emobile....??

Advertisement