Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

blowin3 wrote: »
    I have been following this tread for over a week. I think its a bit sad that people are so caught up in all this hype. It sounds like its drugs or some thing. Maybe I am just an old fart that has too much sense or maybe I am missing some thing. Now flame away :)

I think the fact that you've been following this thread for a week even though you weren't waiting on a phone is even SADDER....:P:P:P:P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eoin Kavanagh 64

We're just caught up in excitement of getting our phones, speculation on if the original deliver date of 8th - 10th Oct would be met. At the end of the day, mine was delivered on the 10th which was the latest apple advised date, TNT showed the 13th until it hit Dublin. Given all the delays ... it was quite possible the 8th was a realistic option perhaps with another carrier, first world problems for sure. You're either into an iPhone or you're not. We chose to go Sim free and had to wait for the release. It was more straight forward for those who could walk in to a store and get theirs.

I'm sure there is something you are interested in that you will do beyond the norm to get, concert tickets, midnight sales, binge drinking to the wee small hours of the morning. .. Just like minded individuals sharing their frustrations, disappointments and joy in securing a product that is not yet readily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Carlos24

I ordered my iPhone 6 (64gb) on 26.09. Dispatched: 03.10. Est.Del.Time: 16.10. I received it on Friday pm (with UPS). Well done Apple...

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Noone have any idea how this Held By Customs thing happened and if I need to do anything to resolve it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

AidenL wrote: »
    Noone have any idea how this Held By Customs thing happened and if I need to do anything to resolve it?

I doubt you will have to do anything about it.I'd say it will arrive tomorrow and you'll have no worries.Mine was held by customs in Dublin and then Cork,where it was then released and I had it by Friday.
    Yours was probably late being processed.

• Advertisement

bazzz wrote: »
    I doubt you will have to do anything about it.I'd say it will arrive tomorrow and you'll have no worries.Mine was held by customs in Dublin and then Cork,where it was then released and I had it by Friday.
    Yours was probably late being processed.

Damn customs ! :mad:

Hopefully it may land tomorrow then !

Ugh, dunno, still showing as Held By Customs, thats a full four days now - I'll be amazed it it come tomorrow, and if it does, it will prove that TNTs tracking is worse than rubbish.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

These systems rarely update on a weekend.

These systems rarely update on a weekend.

Makes sense, yep.

Well it updated early this morning, now says Received at TNT location at 12.30 am. Unlikely it will get to me today as I'm in Donegal.

Only thing annoys me is Customs have had it since Thursday morning, not sure why it took TNT so long to get it released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Finally received my 6 Plus, though having to get through a days work now before I can properly use it is torture!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 tommytwo

Going mad with TNT. My 64GB 6 Plus has been in Cork since Friday. I expected it to be delivered today but my status changed again to "Shipment Arrived At Tnt Location"

I rang to see if I could drive from Kerry to collect it & was informed I cannot pick it up until after lunch tomorrow at the earliest????

I never had this issue with UPS with other Apple products in the past where ever in the world they came from.

13 Oct 2014 10:14:00 Cork Shipment Arrived At Tnt Location
    10 Oct 2014 12:00:00 Cork Shipment Arrived At Tnt Location
    10 Oct 2014 10:16:11 Cork Shipment Received At Tnt Location
    10 Oct 2014 03:03:05 Liege Euro Hub Shipment In Transit.
    10 Oct 2014 02:01:54 Liege Euro Hub Shipment Received At Transit Point.
    08 Oct 2014 20:03:16 Arnhem Shipment In Transit.
    08 Oct 2014 15:16:22 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
    08 Oct 2014 10:00:00 Ide Centre Released By Customs
    07 Oct 2014 01:23:39 Pudong International Airport Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 22:43:51 Pudong International Airport Shipment Received At Tnt Location
    06 Oct 2014 22:27:00 Zhengzhou Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 22:06:43 Zhengzhou Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 17:19:26 Zhengzhou Shipment Collected From Customer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

tommytwo wrote: »
    Going mad with TNT. My 64GB 6 Plus has been in Cork since Friday. I expected it to be delivered today but my status changed again to "Shipment Arrived At Tnt Location"

I rang to see if I could drive from Kerry to collect it & was informed I cannot pick it up until after lunch tomorrow at the earliest????

I never had this issue with UPS with other Apple products in the past where ever in the world they came from.

13 Oct 2014 10:14:00 Cork Shipment Arrived At Tnt Location
    10 Oct 2014 12:00:00 Cork Shipment Arrived At Tnt Location
    10 Oct 2014 10:16:11 Cork Shipment Received At Tnt Location
    10 Oct 2014 03:03:05 Liege Euro Hub Shipment In Transit.
    10 Oct 2014 02:01:54 Liege Euro Hub Shipment Received At Transit Point.
    08 Oct 2014 20:03:16 Arnhem Shipment In Transit.
    08 Oct 2014 15:16:22 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
    08 Oct 2014 10:00:00 Ide Centre Released By Customs
    07 Oct 2014 01:23:39 Pudong International Airport Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 22:43:51 Pudong International Airport Shipment Received At Tnt Location
    06 Oct 2014 22:27:00 Zhengzhou Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 22:06:43 Zhengzhou Shipment In Transit.
    06 Oct 2014 17:19:26 Zhengzhou Shipment Collected From Customer

I collected my phone from TNT in Cork Airport on Friday. Just as long as they have enough notification to keep it off the truck there shouldn't be any problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Ordered Thursday, preparing for dispatch today.

Mine was actually delivered at 1pm yesterday !

They really performed after the delay by customs......

The Plus is BIG !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Ordered Thursday, preparing for dispatch today.
    Same here. Did you order the 6 or 6 Plus? I'm waiting for two 6s.

I'm surprised the status changed so soon. Hopefully they'll be dispatching the orders this week.

carrotcake wrote: »
    Same here. Did you order the 6 or 6 Plus? I'm waiting for two 6s.

I'm surprised the status changed so soon. Hopefully they'll be dispatching the orders this week.

Ordered one 6 64gb space grey. They will probably be on the same shipment :)

It had been dispatched! Exactly 3 business days later :-)

It had been dispatched! Exactly 3 business days later :-)
    I've just got the same status as you now. They must be in the same shipment, like you say. Now let's see how long they take to be delivered...

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

Where are they being shipped from? Mine says it has been dispatched today but saying it won't be here until the 23rd?

Mine is saying the 23rd also but i would expect either next Monday or Tuesday. Original date was 29-1st Nov.

• Advertisement

Isco wrote: »
    Where are they being shipped from? Mine says it has been dispatched today but saying it won't be here until the 23rd?
    China, methinks. They gave me the 23rd as the delivery date too, but I see now that it's been changed to the 20th. Shipping via UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

China, methinks. They gave me the 23rd as the delivery date too, but I see now that it's been changed to the 20th. Shipping via UPS.

Same as myself, is there some reason why some ship via UPS and others through TNT? Pretty clueless here

Isco wrote: »
    Same as myself, is there some reason why some ship via UPS and others through TNT? Pretty clueless here
    I don't know, but there seems to be much fewer complaints about UPS. :)

Friday, 10/17/2014, By End of Day

:D

Friday, 10/17/2014, By End of Day

:D
    Jealous. Mine's still showing the 20th.

Jealous. Mine's still showing the 20th.

Where you living? I ordered the red leather case as well. It's a race to see what gets here first!

Where you living? I ordered the red leather case as well. It's a race to see what gets here first!
    Romania. :) I'm getting it delivered to family in Dublin, though, and then they'll send it on. The phone hasn't been released over here yet, and when it will be, it'll cost more, for some bizarre reason.

I wanted to order a silicone case, but the dispatch time was 3-4 weeks! So I just ordered a cheap one off eBay, and will probably pick the Apple one up the next time I'm home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I order last night at 11:58 and was given delivery between 23 Oct, 2014 - 29 Oct, 2014

Bank holiday is the 27th so no doubt could add an extra day, given when you order I'm assuming mine will now come around the 29th which is a Wednesday - hopefully won't go missing and end up being November.

So my iphone was despatched today, currently leaving Shanghai - God only knows where it will go from here. Should have it by Monday 20th.

Where would the best place be to get a case for the iphone 6 in Dublin - moore street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Ace2007 wrote: »
    So my iphone was despatched today, currently leaving Shanghai - God only knows where it will go from here. Should have it by Monday 20th.

Where would the best place be to get a case for the iphone 6 in Dublin - moore street?

Depending on which iphone it is. I got mine from Vodafone "Otterbox Defender". I carry it on my hip.

• Advertisement

Anyone who was dispatched yesterday have any update apart from departing China?

Advertisement