Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Yup Iphone arrived this morning, no case yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

About 4 weeks now and I haven't received mine from carphone warehouse...don't think they even know when they're due in!

6 plus, 64gb, space grey with O2..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭finno

I ordered 64gb spacey grey iPhone 6 from vodafone on Thursday night and received it today. No hassle with them unlike O2

finno wrote: »
    I ordered 64gb spacey grey iPhone 6 from vodafone on Thursday night and received it today. No hassle with them unlike O2

Yeah, I probably would've been better off waiting in line on release day rather than paying €50 deposit with Carphone Warehouse and still not having it 3-4 weeks later...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Shenzhen to Dublin: 2 days.
    Northside to Southside: 3 days. :p
    Location 		Date 		Local Time 	Activity
    Dublin, Ireland 	10/20/2014 	3:42 P.M. 	Delivered
    			10/20/2014 	6:04 A.M. 	Out For Delivery
    Dublin, Ireland 	10/17/2014 	4:40 P.M. 	Delivery will be delayed by one business day.
    			10/17/2014 	6:47 A.M. 	Destination Scan
    			10/17/2014 	6:00 A.M. 	Arrival Scan
    			10/17/2014 	5:40 A.M. 	Departure Scan
    			10/17/2014 	5:07 A.M. 	Arrival Scan
    Koeln, Germany 		10/17/2014 	4:08 A.M. 	Departure Scan
    			10/17/2014 	1:28 A.M. 	Import Scan
    Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 10/16/2014 	5:54 P.M. 	Departure Scan
    Shenzhen, China 	10/15/2014 	8:20 P.M. 	Departure Scan
    			10/15/2014 	7:00 P.M. 	Origin Scan
    China 			10/15/2014 	7:12 A.M. 	Order Processed: Ready for UPS 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Still waiting on Meteor to get mine in, 64GB Plus SG. If someone tries to up-sell me a 16GB & iCloud subscription one more time...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭BMmeow

About 4 weeks now and I haven't received mine from carphone warehouse...don't think they even know when they're due in!

6 plus, 64gb, space grey with O2..

i was going to buy mine in carphone warehouse on o2 on the launch date and was advised against it by a salesman. he told me o2 themselves (their actual retail shop) was taking priority over getting the iPhones and selling them and weren't going to allow places like CW sell them under their contacts till Xmas!

:( from what i see o2 can barely keep up with their orders

BMmeow wrote: »
    i was going to buy mine in carphone warehouse on o2 on the launch date and was advised against it by a salesman. he told me o2 themselves (their actual retail shop) was taking priority over getting the iPhones and selling them and weren't going to allow places like CW sell them under their contacts till Xmas!

:( from what i see o2 can barely keep up with their orders

Really?? So CW won't receive any O2 6 plus until Xmas? Bloody ridiculous if that's the case. I've gotten so many offers for a 6 space grey 16gb....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Are Compub stocking the iPhone 6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

54kroc wrote: »
    Are Compub stocking the iPhone 6?
    They dont sell the iphone at all, only cases and accessories for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Simply Red wrote: »
    They dont sell the iphone at all, only cases and accessories for it

Cheers.
    Anyone know why they don't sell it, I thought they used to before, apologies for going ot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Apple don't allow them to be sold in premium resellers. Only in Apple stores and carrier stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

I've finally caved and ordered a 64 GB space grey 6 off Apple. Now the wait for it to arrive begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

I've given up on the networks and tempted to buy directly from Apple website. Thing is I'll be in New York in November, would it be a good idea to get it there (cheaper of course and prob in stock) or is there any major drawbacks from buying over there and bringing back!??

Anyone any prior experience on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

There are quite a few threads on that already. Answer: ok, but you may have warranty issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Does anyone have a recent delivery time for an iPhone 6 Plus 16gb ordered on the Irish or UK Apple store online please?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

3/4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

has anyone bought iPhone from the sellers on Amazon.co.uk?
    is it a good idea and safe purchase if go down that route?

I have bought from Amazon and have had no problems at all. However, if I were to buy an iPhone I would prefer to buy direct from Apple. Bought my iPhone 6 from Apple. Benefit of this is the phone comes unlocked.

The phone arrived within 10 days.

At that time iPhone 6 plus was the same length. Now, it has gone to 3/4 weeks.

Have spoken to some of the phone suppliers and some said the phone was on order but no date.

So my iPhone 6 plus hasn't arrived yet, despite pre-ordering it on release day with Carphone Warehouse. Passed the Carphone Warehouse in Cork today and they've a huge sign advertising their sale of both models in-store for €400~ and upwards???

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info on the 6+ delivery time.

Found a retailer who had a few in stock so ordered from them, delivery takes a few days - may be a bit longer due to the bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 podgeodge

Gekko wrote: »

Found a retailer who had a few in stock so ordered from them, delivery takes a few days - may be a bit longer due to the bank holiday.

Do you mind saying where?

Gekko wrote: »

If they are in stock. Why can they not be supplied immediately?

airuser wrote: »
    If they are in stock. Why can they not be supplied immediately?

they were in the UK so it's a few days for courier delivery to here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

ordered mine yesterday iphone 6 takes them a while to dispatch :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Got sick of waiting for them to arrive in-store, so switched to a new 30 day contract with Meteor (€15pm cheaper) and ordered the a 64GB SG Plus directly from Apple. I can reclaim the VAT on it, which takes some of the sting out of the price and I'll make the difference back with the cheaper plan.

The waiting game begins...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

I ordered my 6 Tuesday last week and it's still processing so they definitely take a while. My current headphones have failed so I have an extra need for it. Want to try out the new buds before buying a replacement set. The ones that came with the 4 were terrible for out and about.

Edit: It's now preparing for dispatch!

Sarn wrote: »
    I ordered my 6 Tuesday last week and it's still processing so they definitely take a while. My current headphones have failed so I have an extra need for it. Want to try out the new buds before buying a replacement set. The ones that came with the 4 were terrible for out and about.

Edit: It's now preparing for dispatch!

i ordered mine on last wednesday too
    still processing mine :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

I ordered an iPhone 6 one week ago today. Still waiting for a dispatch notification but hopefully it won't be much longer. I ordered an iPad mini 2 this time last year and didn't have to wait long at all...

• Advertisement

I ordered an iPhone 6 one week ago today. Still waiting for a dispatch notification but hopefully it won't be much longer. I ordered an iPad mini 2 this time last year and didn't have to wait long at all...

you ordered yours last wednesday right?

Advertisement