Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Is there any point in me heading into the Vodafone store today to try and prebook??. Can't get through to them on the phone. I'm in Waterford by the way.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Didn't Vodafone say they weren't doing pre-bookings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

BanjoB wrote: »
    Is there any point in me heading into the Vodafone store today to try and prebook??. Can't get through to them on the phone. I'm in Waterford by the way.

I doubt there is any point.I was kinda hoping they might have few sim free like the iphone 4.But that's looking highly unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Im with vodafone my way complete and pay €65 a month , but they don't do this plan anymore , the closest i seen was their €55 a month tariff but even that gives 3gb to my 1gb , feel like i was shafted by them

Would / should i get a better upgrade price for iphone compared to somebody who's a first time customer ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Im with vodafone my way complete and pay €65 a month , but they don't do this plan anymore , the closest i seen was their €55 a month tariff but even that gives 3gb to my 1gb , feel like i was shafted by them

Would / should i get a better upgrade price for iphone compared to somebody who's a first time customer ?

For the first time I'm moving away from sim only and getting the €60/month RED contract. Do they give preference to existing customers when going contract??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

How does this actually work.

If there is no pre-order, can I walk in on Friday (when the iPhone 6 is official on sale) and then add my name to a waiting list or is it just pot luck and I'll have to keep going into the shop with the hope they'll have new stock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

How does this actually work.

If there is no pre-order, can I walk in on Friday (when the iPhone 6 is official on sale) and then add my name to a waiting list or is it just pot luck and I'll have to keep going into the shop with the hope they'll have new stock ?

You should try the carphone warehouse presale, you tell them
    Your phone preference and network and they'll contact you when it's available. Think it's only available if you're entitled to an upgrade though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Vodafone have told me (in one shop) it's purely first-come, first-served. Another store has said they're making a list, they'll call people once they know stock levels, and might reserve them then.

I'm not holding out much hope, but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Any idea when O2 preorderers will be receiving their new phones? I preordered last Friday but said on website they'll only start shipping preorders on the 26th. This is disappointing considering a few of the other networks will get the phone to you day one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

BanjoB wrote: »
    For the first time I'm moving away from sim only and getting the €60/month RED contract. Do they give preference to existing customers when going contract??

Just spoke to VF Waterford and they told me they are taking names for bill pay customers.For Friday's release and they will contact you Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

RedLegend wrote: »
    Any idea when O2 preorderers will be receiving their new phones? I preordered last Friday but said on website they'll only start shipping preorders on the 26th. This is disappointing considering a few of the other networks will get the phone to you day one.

I've preordered with O2 for in-store pickup. I think this seems to work out quicker than home delivery. I think it says 3/4 days for store pick up, but from past experience it seems to be the next day. So I'd expect to be able to go in to my local store on Saturday to pick up. Though of course I will be trying on Friday just to chance my arm :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

bazzz wrote: »
    Just spoke to VF Waterford and they told me they are taking names for bill pay customers.For Friday's release and they will contact you Thursday.

Seems to be a shop-by-shop thing that. Hopefully it will work out though.

Just left vodafone bill pay and signed up for iphone 6 pre order from meteor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Just left vodafone bill pay and signed up for iphone 6 pre order from meteor

You might want to change your user name so lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Branoic wrote: »
    Funnily enough the plan im on with O2 *is* from 2007. It was their very first iPhone plan and features unlimited data for 36 a month on an 18 month contract. Granted the minutes and texts are low (150 each) but I rarely use anywhere near that small amount.

They keep calling me up at renewal time trying to get me to switch to a newer plan but I'm having none of it!

Myself and the wife are on the same deal. Plus they give you 15% off for re-signing.

34 euro a month for 150 calls/texts + unlimited data and iPhone 6 16gb for 179 is pretty much the best deal in the country? May be swayed that I moved my whole family to O2 a few years back and regularly save 30+ euro a month with O2 treats...

F34 wrote: »
    You might want to change your user name so lol

Why ? Eircom does suck , just now vodafone do aswell

Why ? Eircom does suck , just now vodafone do aswell

Was pointing out that eircom own Meteor lol and tbh they all suck

34 euro a month for 150 calls/texts + unlimited data and iPhone 6 16gb for 179 is pretty much the best deal in the country? May be swayed that I moved my whole family to O2 a few years back and regularly save 30+ euro a month with O2 treats...
    Has someone in O2 offered you this deal to re-sign? Because the €35 tariff on their site wants €279 for the iPhone and only offers 700MB data.

Also, do O2 do 4G?

F34 wrote: »
    Was pointing out that eircom own Meteor lol and tbh they all suck

Ahh fook it anyway lol they all suck ;)

Can cancel it , but meteor seem to offer for for money

Dades wrote: »
    Also, do O2 do 4G?

Nope not yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Has someone in O2 offered you this deal to re-sign? Because the €35 tariff on their site wants €279 for the iPhone and only offers 700MB data.

Also, do O2 do 4G?

i think o2 have stopped their 4g roll out as a result of being bought by 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

No, if you have one of O2's original old-timey discontinued plans, when you go to Upgrade on the site you select the option that says "Keep my current Plan" instead of picking one of the new ones. The upgrade price for the handset is then different.

The resigning deal was at the time of contract renewal. For example I am on one of the original €40 18 month tarrifs. Every 18 months they phone me up and try and get me to renew my contract and switch to one of the new plans. But I won't switch plans so instead they give me a 15% discount on my €40.

Good luck to you so!

I was on that €40 plan at some point in the past too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Anybody know what time theyll be available to order online from apple on the 26th? Will it be right after 12am or 8am like the release last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

The more I think about it I'm a bit peeved that O2 won't have the phones delivered like meteor and 3 will on Friday. They're only shipping them Friday which means Monday or Tuesday delivery. I know only an extra day or two but still!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Simply Red wrote: »
    Anybody know what time theyll be available to order online from apple on the 26th? Will it be right after 12am or 8am like the release last week?
    +1 anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it'll most likely be 8AM. That being said I'd be setting the reminders for 23:55 and 07:55 tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I ordered the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 5 at midnight. Unless they've changed it I'd say it'll be midnight again, I think the reason the UK was 8am was so it would be the 12am in the US and it could go live together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

all the customer care can't win you customers when you're plans are routed squarely in 2007.

€70 for 10gb Internet :eek:, I get 15GB on Meteor for less than half that €30.

Seems like bill pay users get shafted in general.

Pre-pay with Three. €20 top up a month and I have free texts to everyone. Free calls to three, and free unlimited data. Even has free 4G until next month.

Even the cost works out cheaper over 18/24 months than a bill pay plan would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yup agree with that. although even o2's 30 day plans are atrocious. €30 for 1Gb or €35 for 2Gb, I'd use that in a week :pac:

Advertisement