Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

DubDJ wrote: »
    I ordered the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 5 at midnight. Unless they've changed it I'd say it'll be midnight again, I think the reason the UK was 8am was so it would be the 12am in the US and it could go live together.
    Yeah that sounds right, i ordered the 5 at 12am too. cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Simply Red wrote: »
    Yeah that sounds right, i ordered the 5 at 12am too. cheers

I honestly don't think it matters whether you order at 12am or 8am anyway will still be a 3-4 week wait for most models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Seems like bill pay users get shafted in general.

Pre-pay with Three. €20 top up a month and I have free texts to everyone. Free calls to three, and free unlimited data. Even has free 4G until next month.

Even the cost works out cheaper over 18/24 months than a bill pay plan would.

Not true...

My plan with O2 is 34 EUR for unlimited data and 179 for the iPhone (995 EUR). Even without the discount it's 1139.

ThreePay would have me spending 699 for the iPhone and 480 in credit (1179 EUR).

Ok with O2 you don't get 4G or as many texts/calls but my 3G speeds in Dublin are as fast as the normal 4G speeds my friends get from Three, and who uses their full allocation of calls and texts these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Anyone know if you could get one in a mac reseller like in PC world, I-connect or compu-b?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Anyone know if you could get one in a mac reseller like in PC world, I-connect or compu-b?

Resellers don't sell the iPhone, only place you can get one is the online store or one of the phone providers which will be difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

anyone any idea of emobile plans/ Pricing?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

eirlink wrote: »
    anyone any idea of emobile plans/ Pricing?

existing plans with similar prices to other networks i would imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I honestly don't think it matters whether you order at 12am or 8am anyway will still be a 3-4 week wait for most models.

Dont think thats true. Sure the whole point of an Irish preorder from Apple is so you have an opportunity to get the device straight away. Id say there will be limited stock alright and it will slip to 7-10 days and 3-4 weeks on the Irish launch day but they have to have some stock held otherwise its a pointless exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

My card was charged today by Meteor for the up-front price of the iPhone. Still need to send in the supporting documents but haven't heard anything from them since. I assumed you could collect in store on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Montiii

The more I think about it I'm a bit peeved that O2 won't have the phones delivered like meteor and 3 will on Friday. They're only shipping them Friday which means Monday or Tuesday delivery. I know only an extra day or two but still!

O2 will deliver on Fri, they have with all the previous models

From the order confirmation they sent me

f your order is being shipped it should arrive within three working days of us confirming your order. You will receive an email to let you know when your order is on its way and you will be asked to sign for it when it is delivered.
    For pre-orders your phone will ship the same day as the phone is released

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Montiii wrote: »

This is the problem it's released Friday so will only ship on Friday according to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Montiii

F34 wrote: »
    This is the problem it's released Friday so will only ship on Friday according to that.

That means 02 ship it to you, will be out for delivery via AnPost on Fri morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

DubDJ wrote: »
    Resellers don't sell the iPhone, only place you can get one is the online store or one of the phone providers which will be difficult.

That's not true. I-connect sold the 5s.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭uisce33

Any more information on eMobile and their price/plans ??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Seems like bill pay users get shafted in general.

Pre-pay with Three. €20 top up a month and I have free texts to everyone. Free calls to three, and free unlimited data. Even has free 4G until next month.

Even the cost works out cheaper over 18/24 months than a bill pay plan would.
    Whether or not someone is getting shafted depends on their usage. That plan isn't much good for anyone who make a lot of calls and doesn't have all their contact list on Three.

And it will be €25 for most of that 22 of those 24 months if you want 4G. Add €800 for a phone and thats nearly €1,400 - before call costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

Montiii wrote: »
    O2 will deliver on Fri, they have with all the previous models

From the order confirmation they sent me

f your order is being shipped it should arrive within three working days of us confirming your order. You will receive an email to let you know when your order is on its way and you will be asked to sign for it when it is delivered.

They have said it will only be posted on Friday which means we won't have it until Monday or Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

When I preordered the iphone 5 from O2 it was the same story. They shipped it on release day and I got it on the following Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Dades wrote: »
    Whether or not someone is getting shafted depends on their usage. That plan isn't much good for anyone who make a lot of calls and doesn't have all their contact list on Three.

And it will be €25 for most of that 22 of those 24 months if you want 4G. Add €800 for a phone and thats nearly €1,400 - before call costs.

With Three you still have that €20 you top up by to use.

4G coverage isn't nearly good enough that I'd be in coverage zones and not in wifi enough to pay for it, but if I was I could do so out of that credit.

€20 for 24 months + €800 = €1280. But I can always jump ship if a better deal comes my way.

Works for you, I guess. But if someone need a lot of talk time or want 4G they might be better off elsewhere. Again, to each their own plan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Trying to pre order on Carphone but not seeing where to designate a store, anybody else done this?

• Advertisement

Trying to pre order on Carphone but not seeing where to designate a store, anybody else done this?
    You choose the phone only first (6 or 6+) and when your deposit is processed you'll get emailed a URL to a page with a form to fill out with, size, colour and store location. (It might take a day or two to get the mail.)

Supposedly you'll be contacted in advance to say when there's a phone to collect but I'll be chasing them myself on this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

As will I. I don't really have a plan B at the moment if the Carphone Warehouse option falls through. Are all O2 phones on pre order only? No option to turn up at an O2 store on Friday morning and chance your arm?

i got a call from CPW head office today re a pre order as i registered an interest at the weekend. unfortunately , we could not have a conversation about the upgrade as emobile in their wisdom have decided not to release their pricing plans before friday. we both agreed this was bizzare and terminated the call.

called into two CPW shops on my travels and their staff didnt even know that the other service providers had published plans online and in the media.

again, bizzare
    ive headache now from shaking my head.

I'm Emobile as well, but choosing a new contract rather than upgrade as it will definitely be cheaper; as I'm on the 34.50 plan at the moment and upgrade prices are extortionate for it.. Will CPW be able to sort it out or are they not actually preordering Emobile? Its gone through on the website, how long until the call?

I'm Emobile as well, but choosing a new contract rather than upgrade as it will definitely be cheaper; as I'm on the 34.50 plan at the moment and upgrade prices are extortionate for it.. Will CPW be able to sort it out or are they not actually preordering Emobile? Its gone through on the website, how long until the call?

im on the same plan ( 34.50 )
    did you get bundle pricing....im only interested to see if they change the plan pricing and content....the phone price, i can live witha s im selling my current iphone.

if not favourable, i will leave emobile and go somewhere else, or just hold the 34.50 plan and get a sim fee.

i wish i just know the emobile pricing and it would be easier to decide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Dont think thats true. Sure the whole point of an Irish preorder from Apple is so you have an opportunity to get the device straight away. Id say there will be limited stock alright and it will slip to 7-10 days and 3-4 weeks on the Irish launch day but they have to have some stock held otherwise its a pointless exercise.

Except it isn't a preorder like you are saying it is. It's available to order from the 26th. Pre-order would be ordering online before the release date. It will be the same wait times as whats on the UK site the day before, the same as the last couple of years. Open to be proved wrong but I doubt it.

When I was speaking to staff instore a few weeks ago I was told it was a good idea to switch to the 39 euro a month deal (as eircom customer, its 15 euro off for the first 6 months) - this was when I mentioned the new iPhone, so I'm assuming it will be available, but maybe not. I'm happy out with them at the moment, its for less data but I use wifi a lot more so it should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

did you get bundle pricing....im only interested to see if they change the plan pricing and content....the phone price, i can live witha s im selling my current iphone.

if not favourable, i will leave emobile and go somewhere else, or just hold the 34.50 plan and get a sim fee.

I was in that plan but reduced it down for the €24 for life sim only plan
    its the same except I get 5gb instead of 15gb which is super as I rarely go over 1 gb

The funny thing is every month so far they've billed me for €19 exactly

I'll be lashing out the €800(claim back €150vat) and sticking to my €19 plan
    I guess I should get €300-€350 for the ip5 so all and all not too bad

They also have a business customers plan which I'd imagine anyone could get if you tell them your self employed for €35 or €35&vat
    It may offer a better upgrade plan
    It also has free uk calls and texts to mobiles and 250mb per month for use abroad
    Might suit somebody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

I was in that plan but reduced it down for the €24 for life sim only plan
    its the same except I get 5gb instead of 15gb which is super as I rarely go over 1 gb

The funny thing is every month so far they've billed me for €19 exactly

I'll be lashing out the €800(claim back €150vat) and sticking to my €19 plan
    I guess I should get €300-€350 for the ip5 so all and all not too bad

They also have a business customers plan which I'd imagine anyone could get if you tell them your self employed for €35 or €35&vat
    It may offer a better upgrade plan
    It also has free uk calls and texts to mobiles and 250mb per month for use abroad
    Might suit somebody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭mac_09

I see it's on sale on Apple website on Friday. Anyone know what time the release will be?

Advertisement