Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭copey

Yes carphone warehouse are doing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

mac_09 wrote: »
    I see it's on sale on Apple website on Friday. Anyone know what time the release will be?

Probably 12am midnight. But could be different this year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm Emobile as well, but choosing a new contract rather than upgrade as it will definitely be cheaper; as I'm on the 34.50 plan at the moment and upgrade prices are extortionate for it.. Will CPW be able to sort it out or are they not actually preordering Emobile? Its gone through on the website, how long until the call?
    They seem to be still taking orders from the 5 main operators - including eMobile.

I'm not sure why it would matter to your pre-order who you were going with, tbh. All the paperwork will be done on the day and any iPhones held should just be held under your name/number.

Assuming there's a phone there for you on Friday (big assumptions all round!), you'll just need to be ready to choose a plan from a carrier from whatever tariffs are on offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭boardzz

Dades wrote: »
    They seem to be still taking orders from the 5 main operators - including eMobile.

I'm not sure why it would matter to your pre-order who you were going with, tbh. All the paperwork will be done on the day and any iPhones held should just be held under your name/number.

Assuming there's a phone there for you on Friday (big assumptions all round!), you'll just need to be ready to choose a plan from a carrier from whatever tariffs are on offer.

Every iPhone is locked to an individual network so they need to know what network you want to choose.

boardzz wrote: »
    Every iPhone is locked to an individual network so they need to know what network you want to choose.
    Doh - you are absolutely correct! Post-lunch brainfreeze. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I read here before that cpw phones lock to the first sim installed. Dunno how it could be done or if it's possible but that could be the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Im with vodafone and my contract is up but im on the staff plan tariff which is great.

Given on staff plan i presume i cant upgrade via cpw but have to go into vodafone store?

Im hearing the limited stock in vodafone stores will be put aside for new connections first so upgraders on release day could find it tricky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭boardzz

guil wrote: »
    I read here before that cpw phones lock to the first sim installed. Dunno how it could be done or if it's possible but that could be the case.

No this is not true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

viper006 wrote: »
    Given on staff plan i presume i cant upgrade via cpw but have to go into vodafone store?
    This is correct.

Im hearing the limited stock in vodafone stores will be put aside for new connections first so upgraders on release day could find it tricky.

Heard this also. Will be going into a store on Thursday evening just to ask is it worth my while arriving in first thign Friday morning, as I will be right beside the shop

Fingers crossed you don't get told you have to choose one of the iPhone plans for a new contract.

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed you don't get told you have to choose one of the iPhone plans for a new contract.

You won't (I've checked). Staff plan = red essentials pricing point.

One guy did say that for a previous iphone (he wasn't certain if it applied to the 5s) the people on staff/friends plans were unable to upgrade to iphone for a week or 2, to allow for demand to subside a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Did my preorder last night, but just got another preorder link from CPW emailed to me; they've said only one per person so will doing another cancel it out or make no difference, any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Second email is usually where you pick the exact phone and store for collection so are you mixing that up with a new pre-order?

What's the point of doing a second pre-order unless you're going to sign two contracts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

AOS lead times have slipped on the UK store. All iPhone 6 models shipping in 7-10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

Anyone like to speculate how many iPhones each network shop will have on Friday. I'm 6th on a list of people to have put their names down at a Meteor shop. Have my doubts even if this is good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

For iphone 5 launch two years ago I queued on Grafton Street outside O2. They opened at 8am. They only had 3 64GB models and I seem to remember not a lot of 32GB and not sure about the 16gb. I was first in so got black 64 and they had two white 64GB which went to the next two, by the 10th person all that was left was 16GB, mainly in black and they cut the queue at some point and told anyone after the cut point that there wouldn't be stock.

I'm guessing that each store will primarily get stock in this order ?

1. 6 - Space grey
    2. 6 - Silver
    3. 6 - Gold
    4. 6+ - Space grey
    5. 6+ - Silver
    6. 6+ - Gold

Looking for a 6 Space Grey so not too confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

The iPhone 6 going on sale at midnight tonight in the http://store.apple.com/ie/iphone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Vodafone now taking orders online. Orders before 1pm deliver tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Bigcheeze wrote: »

No 6+, or all gone

Ordered 6 plus, 64GB space grey. Should have it tomorrow. :D

Inquitus wrote: »
    No 6+, or all gone

Alright Inqui? ;)

There do appear to be some available as far as I can tell. VF are saying via twitter that it's very much first come, first served.

Vodafone sure know how to charge people. Very expensive price plans with low amounts of data.

Inquitus wrote: »
    No 6+, or all gone

Still have 6+ in all sizes, just not every colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Bigcheeze wrote: »

Highly doubt they will be shipped today, all other networks are saying the phones will shipped tomorrow for delivery monday/tuesday.

Although, Vodafone being the most expensive network, maybe they have the quickest delivery...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

So I wonder will there be any option at any mobile provider to queue up early tomorrow morning and get one on the day if you were so inclined?

Highly doubt they will be shipped today, all other networks are saying the phones will shipped tomorrow for delivery monday/tuesday.

Although, Vodafone being the most expensive network, maybe they have the quickest delivery...

https://twitter.com/VodafoneIreland/status/515063164602302464

Want the #iPhone6?Order today before 1pm and it could be with you tomorrow. Act swiftly,it's first come, first served http://bit.ly/Order_iPhone6
    Could? Hmmmm!

• Advertisement

Could? Hmmmm!

Earlier tweets said Will. Probably being safe.

Advertisement