Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish pre order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭hades

I rang the support about buying one over the phone, as i was only getting the option to buy the 64gig iPhone 6 in space grey. The guy on the phone was clueless and genuinely surprised that they were made available online. He talked to his supervisor and they had been given no heads up that they were taking orders.

He couldn't help me out, i don't think i want the space grey iphone after having the black one for so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Dades wrote: »
    Could? Hmmmm!

Subtle but covers their ass.

FYI a few options I threw together to see the cost over 2 years. I know there's more out there but anyway...

iPhone 6+

VODAFONE
    iPhone 6 Plus 64GB

Phone Cost: €350
    Plan: €60 x 24 = €1,440
    Total: €1,790

Get: Unlimited text & calls, 4GB data, Spotify Premium (€240)

======================

METEOR
    iPhone 6 Plus 16GB

Phone Cost: €250
    Plan: €39 x 24 = €936
    Total: €1,186

400 texts, 400 minutes & 2GB data

======================

O2
    iPhone 6 Plus 64GB

Phone Cost: €260
    Plan: €45 x 24 = €1080
    Total: €1,340

500 texts, 500 minutes & 2GB data

======================

BILL PAY SIM ONLY (Vodafone)
    iPhone 6 Plus 64GB

Phone Cost: €900
    Plan: €39 x 24 = €936
    Total: €1,836

Unlimited texts and calls, 2GB data
    Can stop anytime

======================

BILL PAY SIM ONLY (Meteor)
    iPhone 6 Plus 64GB

Phone Cost: €900
    Plan: €35 x 24 = €840
    Total: €1,740

Unlimited texts and calls, 15GB data
    Can stop anytime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I just ordered it there online with Vodafone. If it arrives tomorrow, great, if not, it's not the end of the world! One thing I did notice, when going through the ordering process, it would not let me select tomorrow as the date for "porting from my existing network". Monday was the earliest date it would allow me select. But I'd guess if I get it tomorrow I'll be able to call them and do it over the phone then.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jamesoc85

I pre-ordered though carphone at 12.05am on the 19th with a iphone 6 16GB upgrade on 3 in space grey. They emailed me this morning says that I will not be getting the phone tomorrow due to high demand. They did give me a 20 euro voucher to use against the cost of the phone. But still disappointing!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Just got the same email now. I'll have to cancel mine as I will be out of the country for two weeks from Monday so won't be able to collect. Was hoping to have it before then but guess thats out the window!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

jamesoc85 wrote: »
    I pre-ordered though carphone at 12.05am on the 19th with a iphone 6 16GB upgrade on 3 in space grey. They emailed me this morning says that I will not be getting the phone tomorrow due to high demand. They did give me a 20 euro voucher to use against the cost of the phone. But still disappointing!!!!!
    Considering they're opening Grafton Street at midnight tonight to sell iPhones it's unacceptable that the people who paid €50 deposits in good faith won't get a phone held for them. They obviously have some stock and if they go as far as taking deposits they should honour them.

Waiting on a call from CPW after I dropped in this morning with questions. If they don't one for me tomorrow I'll be trying my luck elsewhere in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Agree re. CPW - poor form alright. They're likely at the whim of the networks with regards to stock levels though, so it's not entirely surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

So I rang local O2 store and they will only have one of each phone available to walk in's tomorrow so not much chance of getting lucky there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jamesoc85

I canceled my order with Carphone and ordered an upgrade though 3 online. I mightn't get the phone tomorrow but unlike carphone three will deliver the phone to me. And I know ill get one asap. I think it could be a long wait though Carphone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

Vodafone are giving the price on various contracts already if that helps?

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/bill-pay-phones/apple

iPhone 6+ 64GB ordered with the €60 a month. It's really expensive, I know. I probably have more money than sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I got that CPW email too. When I opened it first it looked like everything was fine and I was all set to pick it up tomorrow. They had hidden in the middle of all the text 'your phone won't be available for pick up'.

Sneaky! Have to find one elsewhere now tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Anyone who's ordered online with Vodafone, have you checked the "order status" online after you received the confirmation email?

Mine says this: Your order has been unsuccessful. If you need more information please contact Customer Care on 1907.

WTF???

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Anyone who's ordered online with Vodafone, have you checked the "order status" online after you received the confirmation email?

Mine says this: Your order has been unsuccessful. If you need more information please contact Customer Care on 1907.

WTF???

"Your order is being processed".

I am switching to Vodafone btw.

I didn't get any email yet, but signed in to see my status

iPhone 6 64GB Space Grey 25/09/14 Your order is being processed.
    iPhone 6 64GB Silver 25/09/14 Your order is being processed.

I only ordered the silver, but have no confirmation email yet. Perhaps it'll be a repeat of the time i ordered the 4s on launch when they sent me out 2 phones. I was a good boy and sent one back.

hades wrote: »
    I didn't get any email yet, but signed in to see my status

iPhone 6 64GB Space Grey 25/09/14 Your order is being processed.
    iPhone 6 64GB Silver 25/09/14 Your order is being processed.

I only ordered the silver, but have no confirmation email yet. Perhaps it'll be a repeat of the time i ordered the 4s on launch when they sent me out 2 phones. I was a good boy and sent one back.

That's bizarre, haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Can't order on Vodafone's site. Went through the whole process, payment etc, then i get an error message about site upgrades..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

fifth wrote: »
    Can't order on Vodafone's site. Went through the whole process, payment etc, then i get an error message about site upgrades..

I ordered and then got an update, order unsuccessful

They told me on the phone it was out of stock. 64GB plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Got email from vodafone a few minutes ago, phone is being dispatched for delivery tomorrow. :D

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    Got email from vodafone a few minutes ago, phone is being dispatched for delivery tomorrow. :D

That's great, what time did you place your order today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Anyone know what time the sim-free models through Apple will go on sale on apple.ie?

Anyone know what time the sim-free models through Apple will go on sale on apple.ie?

From tomorrow. Shipping will likely be several weeks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

dutopia wrote: »
    From tomorrow. Shipping will likely be several weeks though.

I know that, I'm wondering what time. ;)

My order status from Vodafone has changed to 'Your order is due for dispatch.' No email but it's looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

If it's anything like recent years then midnight

dutopia wrote: »
    My order status from Vodafone has changed to 'Your order is due for dispatch.' No email but it's looking good.

I keep refreshing my order status page, still being processed. No email either.

Edit

Nope, apparently my order has been delivered :confused:

Edit 2

Email has arrived

Thanks for shopping on Vodafone's Online Store.

You will receive FREE delivery of your selected purchases within 24 hours to the address you gave us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

why the heck are O2 sticking to "3 - 5 working days"!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tommy coco

I just got email from cpw ,looks I will get my order tomorrow 😄
    Thank You for Placing your iPhone Pre-Order with Carphone Warehouse..
    The wait is almost over ..
    Your new iPhone will be arriving in store tomorrow and a member of our team will contact you to let you know when it is ready for collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 upthedubs**

I've called O2, chatted n gone in store n no1 can give me a day for collection. It's in the warehouse but they can't give me a precise time.

Advertisement